Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi all. wave.gif

An old poetry friend of mine and Lindi's (Aphrodite) has graciously given me permission to post a new poetry form he has just invented here at MM. writersblock.gif I am thrilled to share it with you. mm.gif mm.gif

James wrote:
I greatly appreciate the open invitation that you've given me.

Yes, you are more than welcome to share my new form on your site. I'd like to see what some of your poets might produce using it. I'd love to see more experimentation with the abstract/philosophical "between the lines" aspects of its intended usage (still maintaining literal understanding).

Peace and Blessings! :) James Dean

ChaseLink is a poetry form created by James Dean Chase on January 28, 2007. The brief poetry forms of many nations influenced its creation. He completed the first poem ("I Am"), using this form, on February 16, 2007. The poem won him 'Poet of the Week' at Poetry For Thought (a Yahoo group). Though he has created other forms in the past, this is the first that he has named (and used more than twice). It quickly gained the interest of other poets who requested guidelines on its usage.

This form is based, mainly, on line structure, syllable count per line and ending syllable rhyme pattern (though internal and beginning line rhymes are okay – if not overused). It was, also, its creator’s intention that poetry be worded in such a way that literal readers could easily understand it – as well as providing abstract/philosophical thinkers with "between the lines" continued action and/or thought threads to experience.

The ChaseLink is comprised of 4 stanzas with a syllable count per each line of 7-7-5, 7-7, 7-7-5, 7-7. Ending syllable rhyme pattern = abc, bb, dbc, bc.

I Am

Lost within myself, I am
a maze of contradictions
- too simple to solve….

I stand on elevations
of bottomless foundations….

We are many, within one
strong chain of separations
- bound by our resolve….

Linked by unseen connections,
together I will evolve….

© 16 FEB 2007 by James Dean Chase

Love for My Sweet Miss

Love blossoms within my heart…
no rose could compare to this
- yet, I give you one….

Minds and spirits merged is bliss
beyond our passionate kiss….

Gifts can’t show how much I care,
though in this – I’m not remiss
- here’s a ruby, Hon….

I adore you, my "Sweet Miss";
bless the day, your love, I won!

© 25 FEB 2007 by James Dean Chase

An Array of Signs

Ravens have been gathering…
nearer to my home, each day
- watching over me….

Black Witch Moths, at my doorway,
gain entry to my foyer….

An Owl hoots upon my roof
and dogs, ‘neath my windows, bay…
- this and more, I see…

An array of signs, I pray,
here to set my spirit free…!

© 7 MAR 2007 by James Dean Chase

http://community.webshots.com/user/jamesdeanchase

"Sometimes, there is only darkness at tunnel's end. Carry the LIGHT with You!" James Dean Chase

"A Rebel Destined for Success!" James Dean Chase

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 25 07, 16:14
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Inspiration’s Life

I breathe in inspiration’s
words, sketch a whimsical life;
transcribe character…

Husband styles himself clone wife
excludes imperfection’s strife.

A notebook filled to express
Utopian ideals rife
with purest liqueur…

sung like melodious fife -
rough sweetness, he does prefer.

Copyright © Lorraine M Kanter

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th June 2024 - 06:34

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: