Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello! sun.gif

We are now accepting nominations for the following TWO MM awards:

Crown Jewels Award

*Graphic provided by
Celtic Castle Designs

*Crown Jewel Awards can be nominated by any member of MM at any time. This award is granted to those tiles that best demonstrate perfection of form with a powerful punch ~ two great combinations!

Faery Award

*Graphic provided by
Celtic Castle Designs

*Faery Awards can be nominated by any member of MM at any time. These are awarded to those tiles that best capture our muses.

If you find a tile particularly moving, why not nominate it for an MM award today? dance.gif

All we need to know is the following:

• Author
  • Name of tile
  • Forum posted
  • What was it about the piece that inspired you to nominate it?
  • Which award is the tile nominated for?

Thanks all!
~Cleo  cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Toumai_*
post Feb 21 05, 15:18
Post #2

Having been thru the January posts for the Mod Awards and reminded myself of all the fabulous things therin I still find this very hard, but if I had to make a couple of nominations they might be as follows:

Crown Jewels Award (form)

A Good Day for a Hunt by JohnK (originally posted in Stonehenge, moved to Seren's, now in the archive)
Yes, I know it is prose. But it is a form - a 'drabble': exactly 100 words. And it is a perfect piece where the poetic forest atmosphere makes my skin tingle. http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=3496

If I'm not allowed that, I shall choose Browntaxer's Last "Stand and Deliver" by Alan (Plato's Pearls) because it made me laugh so hard I spilt my coffee (might have been worse had I already finished it).

Faery Award (muse-capturing)

(Knowing my take on muses, especially if captured, should there really be an award so tempting? hsdance.gif )

I would suggest The Matrix, a snippet challenge by Nina (also in Seren's) as the words have inspired a poem that not only uses them seemlessly but also describes the film brilliantly and succinctly.
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=3417

Fran

Cybele
post Feb 22 05, 04:55
Post #3

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 22

Good morning Lori, dance.gif

I should like to nominate

EXCULPATED by Alan in Seren's

for the Faery Award.

Every time I read it I am blown away by the way he compares his attraction to the woman with the instinctive attraction of the white moth to the flower. Just as Nature intended! sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Guest__*
post Feb 24 05, 03:09
Post #4

Dear Grace,

"I should like to nominate
EXCULPATED by Alan in Seren's
for the Faery Award.

Every time I read it I am blown away by the way he compares his attraction to the woman with the instinctive attraction of the white moth to the flower. Just as Nature intended! "

My goodness, I knew you liked it, but THAT good ?

Actually, considering it was a 10-word challenge answer, I suppose I can be very proud of it !

Thank you very much.

Love
Alan

PS - Did Cleo put it up yet? Haven't seen it.

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 24 05, 06:12
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Grace and Alan. grinning.gif

I will be posting TWO more items for awards hopefully this evening. laugh.gif

I also just received an email from Sylvia who writes:
"I seem to remember that members can name poets for awards, but for the life of me I can't recall how to go about it. I just wanted to say that I'd love this poem of Ephiny's (SOLSTICE, BY EPHINY) to be awarded a Faery Award? Is that possible? Or else something equally significant. I think it's absolutely beautiful, as most of Ephiny's work. Mostly, I love the mystical and/or legendary elements contrasted with today's everyday life. I think she has great talent, in this area especially. Her imagery is so delightful, also the questionning and the going back & forth in time."

Stay tuned! Bunny.gif irish.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jun 11 05, 10:58
Post #6

Hi Lori,

Please may I nominate Jox's 'Moonlit Duet for One' for a Faery Award: a poem that sends shivers down the spine, even now in summer.

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=3007
Thanks,

Fran

Guest_Jox_*
post Jun 12 05, 10:28
Post #7

Gosh that was quick.

I hadn't even thanked Fran for her kind nomination then whoosh! it's there.

So thank you Lori for the award and congratulations.

Thank you Fran so much for the nomination. "a poem that sends shivers down the spine." - your comment also means much to me, Fran. Thank you.

I do appreciate this Faery - this poem is most special to me.

J.

Psyche
post Jun 28 05, 21:13
Post #8

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Cleo ! sun.gif

I would like to nominate Perrorist for a Crown Jewels Award for his piece Ugh? which is located at:

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=3452

I think it's a masterly piece, with wonderful use of irony and/or humour. Good spoof on what goes on in the world of "creativity", with strong basis in truth.
Great parody.

Best to all,
Psyche detective.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Jun 29 05, 08:52
Post #9

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Quick work, Lori ! You're a magician !! Wizard.gif

I've had my eye on that piece by Perry for some time, but shattered keyboards and other obstacles slow me down... :(

By the way, while i'm about it, i remember i posted a Faery nomination for Eisa's Roof Over the World (which you awarded her), but i posted it in the wrong Forum and my post was removed elsewhere. But where?! detective.gif

Is this the correct place to propose nominations, or should I be doing it somewhere else?

Thank you, Lori !!!

Hugs,
Sylvia butterfly.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

MM Award Winner

Siren
post Jul 3 05, 17:33
Post #10

Laureate Legionnaire

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 13
Writer of: Poetry

Congrats James on the Award... May u always be inspired to treat us to perfection....

:)

Dani

·······IPB·······

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

"A good book is not read and forgotten. It lingers in the mind of the reader, reshaping thoughts, asking new questions, revisiting ancient ones."

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Jul 3 05, 17:57
Post #11

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Lori !!  sun.gif

Yes, but.... my proposal to nominate Eisa's Roof Over Our World or Perpetual Glory for a Faery Award has totally disappeared from either thread. I know I posted it, but it's gone...  Speechless.gif

I know you already awarded her the Faery plaque, but all the same I'll put another link here, now, so that anybody who wishes can view it easily, as it's such a beautiful poem. Please forgive me if the link turns out to be duplicated, but for the life of me I can't find it any more  turtle.gif  turtle.gif

Hugs to all,
Sylvia  turtle.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Jul 8 05, 12:42
Post #12

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Cleo !! sun.gif

Please may I propose Fran's Night Terrors for a Faery Award?

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=4119

I think Fran has brilliantly expressed the relationship between a mother & child, at bedtime, when Mummy is trying to soothe baby into a restful sleep, in spite of the horrors, yes, the horrors, that actually do go on in this world.

The poem evokes profound reflections and doubts on the mother's side, when, perhaps unwittingly, she transmutes the word "lie" (for lying down comfortably to sleep), into "lies", meaning the actual lies we tell children, hoping to lull them into a deep, healing sleep.

The lines of Fran's poem also fit in very well with the theme of nightmares, because she uses words or phrases that are very much related to dreams or, if one wishes, surreal experiences born from dreams. Or plain amusing names that mothers invent, when putting their child to bed ! pharoah2.gif

Hugs to all,
Sylvia turtle.gif
PS: I prefer her original, with minor changes, but never mind, it's all fantastic, in my humble opinion ! lovie.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jul 8 05, 13:47
Post #13

Sylvia, Thanks very much  blush.gif
Fran

Psyche
post Jul 8 05, 19:35
Post #14

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hey, no blushing, Fran...  grinning.gif  I'm sincerely impressed by your poem, and I shall be looking at more of your work asap. I'm no expert crit, I just know what I like...  cloud9.gif
Hugs,
Sylvia  butterfly.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Jul 9 05, 00:59
Post #15

Hi Lori,

I'd like to nominate James' Paper People, posted in Hermes, for a Crown Jewels Award

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=3481

Though not the easiest poem to read for different reasons, it is unforgettable and of the many poems on MM it is the one that has stuck in my mind and moved me the most. It is a very powerful poem, that is quite disturbing to read because it evokes very strong, vivid images in my mind, almost like a nightmare.

Nina

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jul 9 05, 01:24
Post #16

I'll second that nonination, please, Lori. It is a stunning, disturbing and powerful poem.
Fran

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 9 05, 01:39
Post #17

Nina,

Gosh, that is a powerful reaction. I'm stunned.

Thank very much you Nina - but sorry to give you neo-nightmares though.

On the one hand, it is great to write something which evokes a strong reaction - on t'other I don't want to scare you or others.

Thank you for the nomination, also.

Fran, Thanks for your comments too - and for seconding the nomination.

J.

Guest_Nina_*
post Jul 9 05, 01:47
Post #18

Hi James

I didn't mean it gave me nightmare.  It is more the way the  different almost disjointed images one after another, flash through my mind and the feel is similar to that of a nightmare and very powerful, disturbing, not frightening.

Nina

Psyche
post Aug 7 05, 22:08
Post #19

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Cleo ! sun.gif

I would like to nominate Don's poem Downsize Show for a Crown Jewel's Award.

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=4906

I just had another read and think it's a brilliant piece. I agree with you that Don should send it to the major newspapers or maybe to the President himself.
It certainly carries a punch, which is what the Crown Jewel's Award is about, and tho' Don says it's F.V., nevertheless I detect form in the background... well, ya know me, lately i'm seeing form all over the place....  oops.gif  upside.gif  (i'm into Intelligent Design and all that ....ha...ha...) :p   Shock

By the way, Don, if you read this, all I can say at the witching hour is that I think you should leave "Thespians". You'll have to work out the other bits with James, since you asked him to go ahead & do his critting !  oops.gif

Best to all,
Sylvia  turtle.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Aug 16 05, 22:31
Post #20

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Cleo !   sun.gif

May I propose a Faery Award for Billydo's (Mike) poem "Argh" located at:

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=4962

I think it's brilliantly set out, super original, unconventional and cool....  cool.gif  pharoah2.gif

A knockout ! Fantastic wording, as well.

As I was saying elsewhere,  oops.gif  upside.gif  cool.gif  I hereby propose a new plaque for transgressive, lawless, futuristic stuff with original layouts and any other qualifications that make it VERY different from the usual poetry, including irregular punctuation (or none at all) and loopy spacing, etceteraaa..... medusa.gif

Well, that said, I shall go have that beer before retiring to me bedchamber...
Hugs to all,
Sylvia  dragon.gif  :block:  gimli.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:03

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: