Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello all, wave.gif

I am posting this here in Nero's News, and I will also plan to send this as a board email to those eligible (Sliver, Gold, Platinum members + staff).

We've been discussing our upcoming seventh anniversary and the need to SIMPLIFY our poetry home. Couch.gif We feel the time is right to do some trimming back and utilize the archive section for the less active forums. We'd like to focus on our most popular areas in the immediate future, Herme's, Seren's, Acropolis and Pandora's Box. We'll still keep Odin and the MMHC alive as well, but our primary focus is on the poetry and the interactions that result from the popular areas of our site.

To start, I plan to to 'house clean' a bit by archiving the following forums listed below. Everyone will still be able to read and reply to all threads posted in the archive category - you just won't be able to start 'New Topics' there anymore. Here are the forums planned:
Plato's Pearls & Shogun's Psalms
Plato's (exhibition only) has always been a less active area with the intent to have it be the place to post your "polished" works once they've already been critiqued and finalized to your liking. We will make an exception going forward so that folks who want to post poems for exhibition only in Herme's or Seren's still can (more to follow in the crit/no crit paragraph below).
Shogun's came into being by request from a few short form member experts to segregate them from the others. Since its inception, this forum has not faired well, and those who requested it are no longer active at MM. It makes most sense to archive it and go back to posting your 'form' poetry into Herme's.

Loch Ness (Chapters)
- This forum has had minimal activity and we'll change the wording in Stonehenge to allow for either short stories or chapters going forward.

The Great Wall of Fame & Laureate's Legion (forum awards): Given that so much of my time had been spent on the 'awards' coupled with the fact that I haven't been able to keep on top of them for nearly 2 years (other chosen priorities), I'd like to archive these two that are manually database intensive and instead, will award the mini-plaques based on a visual analysis of a members' activity to earn that particular award. For example, when I see regular posts by member x in a forum like Herme's, I'll just add the mini-plaque to their signature and forego all the database tracking and posting of the 'announcement with summary' threads that were done in this forum.

To crit or not to crit: A suggestion for some changes that had been put forth to archive the exhibition forum, Plato's Pearls and change the format of posting in the crit forums, Herme's Homilies & Seren's Synapse and Shogun's Psalms seems like the best way to move forward with MM at this time. The idea is that you would post a tag line either in the title description or in the beginning of your thread stating a desire for critique. That can be done by simply using CR vs NC with a star, or a series of stars if light, medium, & full critique is desired. As Merlin put it, "This way, whoever wishes critique can request it, and any not desiring any will not get any. This way, a person need not feel compelled to thoroughly parse a piece, which may be well beyond his/her capabilities at the stage they might be." This would in no way change the 1:2:2 rules - for each topic you post, you must still comment on 2 other member's posts (and if you seek a crit, then you must provide 2 crits as expected). This suggestion does not take away workshopping. We're all in favor of improvement and recommend it to those who feel they can benefit. The idea is to offer a choice to crit or not to crit, within the existing forums.

I think that'll do for now...
Please feel free to offer your thoughts either here or to me by PM.

SIMPLIFY is a fresh and clean tagline for the future.

Best,
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2024 - 06:12

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: