Nefertiti
post Aug 3 03, 21:39
Post #1

Assyrian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 11
Writer of: Poetry

Hey!

I just thought in the spirit of fairness, I should warn those who don't appreciate my warped sense of humor, I'm here and I'm still not sharing my M&Ms!  So there!  :p

And to any new feminine members - WATCH OUT FOR ZEUS!  He pinches!

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 4 03, 05:16
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

QUOTE (Nefertiti @ Aug. 03 2003, 21:39)
Hey!

I just thought in the spirit of fairness, I should warn those who don't appreciate my warped sense of humor, I'm here and I'm still not sharing my M&Ms!  So there!  :p

And to any new feminine members - WATCH OUT FOR ZEUS!  He pinches!

Now Now "N"... :)

You must go into your Profile and add your 'chocolate' avatar!!
I think you'll better having that pic attached to your fab name! Go on - I dare ya! Just don't drool on the keyboard, eh?  :wink.gif:  :love:  :Oo:

Hugs!
Cleo

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Zeus²_*
post Aug 4 03, 06:25
Post #3

Nef, I pinch, do I? Thought it was other things. devil.gif  :alien: z2

Nefertiti
post Aug 4 03, 09:49
Post #4

Assyrian

Hey Cleo!

Oh, I know!  I know!  I should have a chocolate avatar but good Old pinchy Zeus went and found a pic for me.  Can't risk hurting his delicate sensibilities now, can we?  'Sides, who wants to incur the wrath of the gods?  :ghostface: Well, I guess in the meantime, a little chocolate avatar couldn't hurt!!!

And, I have a plastic cover on my keyboard to protect it from chocolate related drooling, so don't worry your pretty little head about it!  (And, just in case, I do have a spare keyboard! :D )

:p  :p

Big Hugs,
N.

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Nefertiti
post Aug 4 03, 09:55
Post #5

Assyrian

Okay, Zeus!

Maybe "pinch" wasn't the correct terminology - I think "goose" is more appropriate! laugh.gif  :laugh:  :laugh:

Either way, Girlies - BE WARNED!!!!!!!!!!!! :O  :O  :O   I know your bag of tricks, oh Mighty One!   :wink.gif:  :wink.gif:

Now BEHAVE!!!!  Don't want broken hearts all over the place now, do we?  That's a big yucky mess and who wants to clean that up? NOT ME! Oo.gif

XXX
O
N.

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 4 03, 10:00
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

LOL!  :p

So, where' that pic?

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Aug 4 03, 10:05
Post #7

Assyrian

Golly Gee, Woofer,  I thought I emailed it to you last night.  I guess I'll try it again!  (Sadly, I don't have an URL address so I can't do it myself!  WAH!)

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Siren
post Aug 4 03, 18:46
Post #8

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 13

It's so good to see the girls partying...

with our head honcho around this would be interesting... wink.gif

S

·······IPB·······

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

"A good book is not read and forgotten. It lingers in the mind of the reader, reshaping thoughts, asking new questions, revisiting ancient ones."

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Aug 4 03, 19:01
Post #9

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Haa haaa haa...

Ahhh, but does he pinch more than an inch? ... Hmmm~ a delicate question to ask... Hey Zeus, you need to be very careful with me... remember I am fragile, I might crumble into to trillions of cystalized pieces of Amethyst... (wine related....) Hmmmm... I think we'll stick to Bethie's M&M's... :)

You can't pinch me, nah, nah, nah nah!  :p

Goodnight all, going to bedie bye! wink.gif

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Aug 4 03, 19:18
Post #10

Assyrian

Hey Siren!

Which head honcho are you referring to?  Zeus who thinks he is or Cleo who really is?  If the reference is to Cleo, she started it!  She pelted me in the back of my royal hat with an M&M!!!! :p   Of course, I caught it in my mouth before it hit the floor! :wink.gif:

Come on!  You can party too!  Just grab your toga!  Party! Party! Paaaaaarty!  Party! Party! Paaaaaary!  :D (Okay, so technically togas are Roman, but we don't discriminate around here! :p )

BTW, love your song!  

Walking Like an Egyptian Hugs,
Nef

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Nefertiti
post Aug 4 03, 19:21
Post #11

Assyrian

Now Missy Mysty,

I don't think we wanna go there with Zeus!!!! :O  Ewwww!

But if he does get a little rambunctious with you and you break all over the place into little crystal pieces, don't worry!  I'll make some lovely jewelry outta you!  :wink.gif:   Um, let's see - a nice necklace, matching dangly earrings, a bracelet, a ring.  I think I like this idea!  Where's Zeus!  We gotta have a conference!  :laugh:

Get better, would ya?  I finally am!  I need you to come make trouble with me!

Sphinxy Hugs,
Nef

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 4 03, 19:51
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Now now Nef - let's not talk about 'breaking things' just yet, tee hee! alien.gif  :Oo:  :kungfu:  :p .....

"Now, when I die,
now don’t think I’m a nut,
don’t want no fancy funeral,
Just one like ole king Tut. (king Tut)"........

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Aug 4 03, 20:05
Post #13

Assyrian

Oh, thanks loads, Cleo!

Now I've got THAT SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD!  I've been successful in blocking it from my memory for at least 10 years!  Oh bother!  Thbbbbpttt!  Now, I'm gonna dance around the house like that, too!  Hey, gotta teach the Gubs to walk like an Egyptian!

As far as breaking stuff goes, well, what can I say?  I'm clumsy at best!  Besides, most people throw things at me.  But as long as Zeus doesn't through Amethyst at me, we'll be okay!  (Though, I must admit having a particular lust for those deep purple gemstones. But not Amethyst herself. That sure could be miscontrued! )

Big Aspy Hugs,
Nef

PS Did you know that King Tut was either my nephew or son-in-law depending on which article you read?  And, I had 6 daughters, no sons?  And that my husband (Akhenaton) was deformed?  And that my beauty knows no bounds?  (Okay, stop choking!  I knew I couldn't pull THAT one off! laugh.gif ) :O  :p  :p  :p

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Blank_Canvas
post Aug 22 03, 20:07
Post #14

Greek

Member No.: 15

Hey Nef,
    Although I prefer Hershey's kisses, I also have a fondness for M & M's.....If you won't share willingly, I will have to hypnotize you or put you in a trance.....( just long enough to grab a few of the delicious candies ) Around here they could soon be more valuable than herbs, medicines, oils, gems, and even precious metals. We have to satisfy our cravings for poetry and chocolate !  :pharoah2  :pharoah:  :tut:
                                   Marcia sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Aug 25 03, 16:54
Post #15

Assyrian

Hey Marcia!

You can have all the Hershey's Kissies you want!  They're the Hubster's fav's and he'll never even notice they're gone!  (There are serious advantages to being married to an unobservant man! rasp.gif )

AH, well, I've gotta hide from Cleo cuz I misseded the deadline for Pandora's box.  Just as well or I would've posted

"Beans, beans, the musical fruit,
the more thou eats,
the more thou toots!

The more thou toots,
the better thoust feels
so eat thy beans with every meal!"

Everything does happen for a reason. Well, time to get sealed back up in my tomb!

tut.gif  :pharoah2

Huggers,
Nef

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 25 03, 18:04
Post #16

QUOTE (Nefertiti @ Aug. 04 2003, 20:05)
Oh, thanks loads, Cleo!

Now I've got THAT SONG STUCK IN MY HEAD!  I've been successful in blocking it from my memory for at least 10 years!  Oh bother!  Thbbbbpttt!  Now, I'm gonna dance around the house like that, too!  Hey, gotta teach the Gubs to walk like an Egyptian!

As far as breaking stuff goes, well, what can I say?  I'm clumsy at best!  Besides, most people throw things at me.  But as long as Zeus doesn't through Amethyst at me, we'll be okay!  (Though, I must admit having a particular lust for those deep purple gemstones. But not Amethyst herself. That sure could be miscontrued! )

Big Aspy Hugs,
Nef

PS Did you know that King Tut was either my nephew or son-in-law depending on which article you read?  And, I had 6 daughters, no sons?  And that my husband (Akhenaton) was deformed?  And that my beauty knows no bounds?  (Okay, stop choking!  I knew I couldn't pull THAT one off! laugh.gif ) :O  :p  :p  :p

Another sun baked Egyptian.

Didn't your mother warn you about sun worship and worshipers??

You left you crown off too long to let your hair air.

Don

Nefertiti
post Aug 25 03, 20:03
Post #17

Assyrian

Hey Don!

Well, what can I say? After living as a Druid in Wales, for my next life, I thought I'd worship some sun in Egypt.  Now, I'll let you in on a little secret, I'm BALD under that hat!  Saves on sweat! Keeps lice down, too! tut.gif   All us Egyptians are bald under our headdresses!  Tee-hee!  Nakey Head!  :tut:  

And, you are absolutely right.  I did leave my hat off too long.  It rained, my brain rusted and the hair is RED! EEEK!

Nef

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Guest_Zeus²_*
post Aug 25 03, 20:31
Post #18

Hey Nef, lovie.gif
I think you have been hanging out way too long inside the pyramid, time to come out for some air and chocolates. chilly.gif
Its party time bart.gif  Balloons.gif  PartyFavor.gif  Wall.gif  :tweety:  :pharoah2  medusa.gif
Zeus°¹²³

Nefertiti
post Aug 25 03, 20:47
Post #19

Assyrian

Hey Squared Zeus!

Now, what's that supposed to mean?  I think it's the fumes from the embalming that's getting to me.  Hey, at least they left my brain in tact!  Can't say the same for my right arm, though!  :laugh:

Well, motherhood is screaming loudly and I cannot resist the siren call!  :oops:  :speechless:  :taco:

Catchya Later, Ya Big Stud!

XXX
O
Nef

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 26 03, 20:11
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

LOL.gif

So I take you watched yourself getting resurrected (again) on Discovery channel, eh oh sis?  ???  :rasp:

That was a very interesting special actually!  :lovie:  :dance:  :sun:  :angel:

I believe it's YOU I say, it's YOU!  :huh:  :pharoah2

What a lady..... bowdown.gif

~Cleo  :pharoah:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th June 2024 - 13:18

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: