Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

vic.gif Calling all writers of the Mosaic! Viking.gif

What do I do as a member?
Simple. Post ONE thread that you'd like to nominate started in JANUARY to be voted upon. Duplicate nominations accepted. We can only poll a max of 15 tiles, please nominate quickly.

sings.gif  hsdance.gif  MusicBand.gif  dance.gif  claps.gif

Nominate a tile here in this thread.

The details:
[*]Choose ONE post started you'd like to nominate from the month of JANUARY. *You can do this by utilizing our 'sort by topic start date' function located at the bottom of each forum's page display and then look for the topic start date when making your nomination.  detective.gif
[*]Make sure your nomination was started in the month of JANUARY.
[*]State the tile's title, author and forum in your reply.
[*]Eligible forums:
Herme's Homilies, Seren's Synapse, Plato's Pearls of Wisdom, Angkor Wat Accolades, Stonehenge, Loch Ness & Mosaic Scrolls.
[*]HINT: Poems can be found in Herme's & Seren's starting on Page 2 & 3 when you sort the forums by TOPIC START DATE in DESCENDING order.

Nominations will be taken through February 19th.

Good luck all! king.gif  cheer.gif
Thank you for helping to build the Mosaic! lovie.gif  dance.gif

Note: I am skipping the months of July - December since I could not keep up with posting these. If anyone strongly objects, please let me know your thoughts by PM or email.

Mosaic Musings Staff  knight.gif cali.gif  Pharoah.gif  Viking.gif  tut.gif  troy.gif  vic.gif :roman: knight.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Feb 6 06, 05:26
Post #2

Hi Lori,

>L> Note: I am skipping the months of July - November since I could not keep up with posting these. If anyone strongly objects, please let me know your thoughts by PM or email.

Sorry to post here but everyone can see it then...

I think the situation had become unworkable. I think the only sensible thing is to do what you are suggesting. No one is paid to work on MM and you spend vast amounts of time on it as it is (apart from it costing you money).

To go back to the earlier months would serve no one and would be impossible to administer. Far better to "start afresh" with the latest month. In fact, I wonder now it is Feb, if we shouldn't be starting with January - latest month and the new year? That would save being behind to start with.

J.

Guest_Nina_*
post Feb 6 06, 07:40
Post #3

Hi Lori

I agree with James. It makes more sense to forget last year and start afresh with January 2006.

Of course for the months we are missing out (and those we aren't), if there are any poems which members feel deserve further recognition they can always nominate them for a Faery or Crown Jewels Award.  No one has nominated anything recently.

Nina

Guest_Cathy_*
post Feb 6 06, 08:11
Post #4

I agree with James and Nina.  And she's right about the lack of nominations lately.  I haven't seen anyone given one of those awards in quite a while.

Cathy

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 6 06, 09:28
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Sounds good to me!

I've edited the month to January instead.

Cheers cheer.gif
Cleo :p

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Feb 8 06, 10:42
Post #6

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Lori !  sun.gif

I've just made two Member Choice Noms, but I seem to have lost them along the way...so I'll sit tight until one of you helpful MM people discover them, as I know they're SOMEWHERE !!! blush.gif  upside.gif  oops.gif

Thanks,
Sylvia  turtle.gif

Hi Lori !

I'd like to nominate Cyn's poem And Still You Dream for the January Noms.

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=6559

Hugs,
Sylvia  :lovie:

Hi Lori !  :lovie:

If I'm allowed to make two Noms, then I'd love to be able to add your poem The Home Team. May I?

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=6885

Hugs,
Sylvia  :sun:

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Feb 8 06, 11:34
Post #7

I would like to nominate 'The Soldier's Girl' by Peterpan.  I think she's done a wonderful job uniquely describing emotions that have been written about often.

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=6743

Guest_Nina_*
post Feb 9 06, 02:43
Post #8

Hi Lori

I'd like to nominate Ohsteve's  Anxiety and Depression my old friends posted in Seren's.  It is a wonderfully poetic description of his depression.

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=6638

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 9 06, 06:37
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I would like to nominate:
To Sleep by Cyn in Herme's Homilies
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=6636

A fantastic rhyme scheme, both internal and end stop formatting in a form I have just been introduced to.

A well written piece on the real-life coal mining tradegy of recent times.

Good luck!
~Cleo  :sings:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Feb 10 06, 14:19
Post #10

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Nina !

Thanks for "finding" my Noms... and sorry for the trouble I cause..
Hugs,
Sylvia  :turtle:

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Feb 10 06, 14:57
Post #11

Hi Sylvia

T'was no trouble and easy to fix.  If you wish, you can edit your post.

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 12 06, 07:53
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks so much Sylvia - as long as someone seconds your second nomination, it should be good to go.

thanks.gif
~Cleo cool.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Feb 12 06, 11:30
Post #13

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Feb. 12 2006, 09:53)
Thanks so much Sylvia - as long as someone seconds your second nomination, it should be good to go.

thanks.gif
~Cleo cool.gif

Hi Cleo !
 :sun:

I must have brain fog again. I read "duplicate nominations" at the top, but then it certainly says ONE thread (I just saw that now... sorry.... blush.gif ) lower down.

Don't understand very well, but I hope somebody seconds my second nomination, since I really like your The Home Team poem...  :pharoah2

Cheers !!
Sylvia  :cheer:

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Feb 21 06, 20:35
Post #14

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Any more noms please?

Idea.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Feb 22 06, 03:05
Post #15

Please may I nominate Nina's Dawn Glory in Seren's for it's simplicity and clarity in making us see the city dawn through new eyes
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=6635
Fran

Guest_Toumai_*
post Feb 22 06, 17:41
Post #16

Sylvia made two noms so I'll take the second, Lori's The Home Team,
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=6885 into the moderators' choice noms, if that is ok

Fran

Psyche
post Feb 26 06, 13:36
Post #17

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

That's fine with me, Fran, altho' I haven't found the forum where you've put it... When I stay away a bit from MM, I have to learn the labyrinth all over again...
Hugs,
Sylvia  :butterfly:

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Feb 26 06, 13:48
Post #18

Hi Sylvia

Ooops, no you won't see it: it is in the staff forum ("Praetorian Presserve": not visible to all - we have our strange MM rituals and sacrifices within its hallowed confines (kidding! )). But it is there.

Hugs

Fran

Psyche
post Feb 27 06, 10:09
Post #19

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

G'mornin' Fran,  :sun:

Hmmm.... well, I don't know, Fran. You're the one who knows how things are run at MM, but I didn't realise it was being sent to a different kind of forum. How can I send noms to a forum that isn't open to members? I don't know what it's about !  :laugh:

Maybe it would be better to put everything back to "square one". Sorry about this mixup and the trouble, but as I said, I read "duplicate nominations" at the top, and thought it meant I could make two noms. My fault, coz I didn't read carefully, further down.   blush.gif

I'm sure there will be somebody seconding Lori's poem before the close.
I think a lot of people never visit this forum and that's why the problem wasn't noticed sooner.

Hugs,
Sylvia  :butterfly:

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Feb 27 06, 11:14
Post #20

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 22

Hi Lori,

My nomination for January is

Fledgling Flights

by Eisa in Seren's

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=6655

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 23:03

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: