post Aug 3 03, 09:55
Post #1

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hello Everyone,

Lori you've done an amazing job with these forums! Quite impressive!

Now let me introduce me for those who don't know me, I am Liz... for those who do... I'm ducking! wink.gif

Hugs to you all, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Zeus²_*
post Aug 3 03, 11:50
Post #2

And so you are, miss precious gemstone,

hope to read some of your sparkling jewels of poetry soon.
hugs,
Z² :angry:  :D

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 3 03, 11:59
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Liz!
Thanks you...I did receive loads of help from lots of folks! I'm sure there will plenty more to come too!

Glad to have you on board the Mosaic...Looking forward to seeing you add tiles to it!

Cheers!
Lori :kungfu:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Aug 3 03, 21:14
Post #4

Assyrian

Member No.: 11

Isn't Cleo just amazing?  

Oh happy day!  Amethyst is here to stay!  Oh, I love her poetry so and I hope she'll always know she is quite a wonderful friend and I'll love her till the end!

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

AMETHYST
post Aug 4 03, 19:07
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Hi Guys..

Larry: I hope to be posting some new and fresh work real soon! wink.gif Perhaps I will give you first peekies before I embarrass myself..

Cleo: Thank you for inviting me to your new paradise... I do hope you will be balancing your time between the two worlds... :)

Bethie: You are the most naturally poetic person I've ever met... the vivacious energy comes out in rhythm and rhyme with no matter what you do and I think what I admire the most about you...

... IS you are CLUELESS to how much talent you've got going for you... :)
Thats why I love you so...

Hugs my friends... I think this place will be doing quite well! wink.gif It's an interesting theme and quite fun and frolicky with the great aspirations of learning... I think making learning fun is the best way to learn! wink.gif

Night! Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Aug 4 03, 20:11
Post #6

Assyrian

Member No.: 11

"ASP"irations!  HA! HA! HA!  Oh, Mysty, that's a good one!  Just don't let it bite you on the behind!   laugh.gif

And thanks for such sincere compliments!  You've knocked my big blue hat off!  But what, you dont' admire my odd sense of humor most?  Hmmm, I'm perplexed.  Why ever not?  Tee-hee!

oh wait a minute!  You're just kissin' my hinney to get some of my M&Ms!  I told you!  I STILL DON'T SHARE!  (And, I DO run with scissors, too!  :p )

Well, no matter what, I heartest you mucho!

Big Scarabic Hugs,
Nef

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 12 03, 17:03
Post #7

Hi Liz,

Yes, it is nice to see you here.  This site is an  addition to current mailboxes I poke into.  Each time I think my elastic band is stretched a little too far with activities, I think of you.

If you can dither all over the place, I can at least show up from time to time.

I am having trouble, again, with iambic meter.  Each time I think I've got it, it turns and bites back.  Perhaps similar to guessing the next random number.  Now let's us check...there are 52 cards in a normal playing deck, right...?

Larry has all the M&M's, right?

See ya around.

Don

Blank_Canvas
post Aug 22 03, 19:28
Post #8

Greek

Member No.: 15

HiYa Liz,
   Great to see you here....beginning to feel right at home with so many familiar faces !  I can't wait to get more free time to begin posting in earnest.....
                       Marcia sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Aug 24 03, 18:18
Post #9

Ornate Oracle

Hey you guys... I didn't forget about ya... I've been in the midst of upside downing my home, my life and well... hmmmm~ is there anything else left... Oh and at work, online time is rather short because I am training someone and well, its just not expected to have the trainer spending time online writing and reading poetry when the 911 lines are ringing... LOL

Hugs to you all...

Bethie... I have a 1/2 written email I need to finish to you... And will do as soon as I can sit at my desk proper like!

Marcia I am glad to see you here as well... and will continue to see you at PK ...

Oh and Don... I finally got iambs a bit under my hearing belt and then these other folks started throwing things like spondees and trochees at me... Geeesh... My mind is less like a sponge and more like a sieve! wink.gif

Hugs to you guys, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 24 03, 18:19
Post #10

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Aug. 04 2003, 19:07)
Hi Guys..

Larry: I hope to be posting some new and fresh work real soon! wink.gif Perhaps I will give you first peekies before I embarrass myself..

Cleo: Thank you for inviting me to your new paradise... I do hope you will be balancing your time between the two worlds... :)

Bethie: You are the most naturally poetic person I've ever met... the vivacious energy comes out in rhythm and rhyme with no matter what you do and I think what I admire the most about you...

... IS you are CLUELESS to how much talent you've got going for you... :)
Thats why I love you so...

Hugs my friends... I think this place will be doing quite well! wink.gif It's an interesting theme and quite fun and frolicky with the great aspirations of learning... I think making learning fun is the best way to learn! wink.gif

Night! Liz

Hi Liz,

Making learning fun makes it fun to learn, BUT if we only learn what is fun we would little learn.

Remaining within familiar fences of security
chains us to see horizons as obscurity.
Barefoot, we suffer the paths of stone
so with ease we may walk on fire alone.

All ignorance may leap from our boat
to feed hungry monsters in the moat.
So we can continue to dance and frolic
devoid of light to clear dust from attic.

Guitar.gif Don  :pharoah2

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 24 03, 18:24
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Very nice poem Don - I should do an 'anthem for the Mosaic' challenge perhaps? Tee hee  blush21.gif

Welcome back Liz - congrats on the bed too!  ???  rasp.gif

Take care and keep on keeping on.... Hey - as a matter of fact Lindi, Andrea and I all just learned a new form called: monotetra....pretty neat from Shadow Poetry....

Perhaps we'll add it here in the future?

Cheers!
~Cleo  Pharoah.gif wave.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 24 03, 18:36
Post #12

High Amethyst,

Today, I spent mucho time at PK reading dericlee's info on meter.  Pretty solid stuff.  When I am satisfied with my mastery of iambic I'll send you a welcome card from an asylum.  

I do understand it pretty well.  The nuances and tight corners are fuzzy.  I firmly believe no one in right mind would intentionally write all iambic outside of classwork.

We shouldn't be having all this trouble because English is more prone to iambic than any other language, you know? Frost's "Whose woods these are I think I know" is used as a  good example of iambic meter.  But I've queries on that one too.

Remember what the forest looked like before we got lost in the trees?

:) Don

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 24 03, 18:45
Post #13

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Aug. 24 2003, 18:24)
Very nice poem Don - I dhould do an 'anthem for the Mosaic' challenge perhaps? Tee hee  blush21.gif

Take care and keep on keeping on.... Hey - as a matter of fact Lindi, Andrea and I all just learned a new form called: monotetra....pretty neat from Shadow Poetry....

Cheers!

Monotetra???????

Sounds like four monosyllabic words per line.

When you get around to doing so, please explain the rules.

I am your friend,
You are my friend,
See spot run fast
as Jane runs slow
It's dumb, I know

wink.gif Don

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 24 03, 19:23
Post #14

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Don @ Aug. 24 2003, 19:45)
QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Aug. 24 2003, 18:24)
Very nice poem Don - I dhould do an 'anthem for the Mosaic' challenge perhaps? Tee hee  blush21.gif

Cheers!

Monotetra???????

Sounds like four monosyllabic words per line.

When you get around to doing so, please explain the rules.

I am your friend,
You are my friend,
See spot run fast
as Jane runs slow
It's dumb, I know

wink.gif Don

I will see what I can do Don...

I Will ask Marie for permission to post the form here at Mosaic.

This was her description to us for the challenge there:
"The monotetra is a new poetic form developed by Michael Walker. Each stanza contains four lines in monorhyme. Each line is in tetrameter (four metrical feet) for a total of eight syllables. What makes the monotetra so powerful as a poetic form, is that the last line contains two metrical feet, repeated. It can have as few as one or two stanzas, or as many as desired."

Stanza Structure:

Line 1: 8 syllables; A1
Line 2: 8 syllables; A2
Line 3: 8 syllables; A3
Line 4: 4 syllables, repeated; A4, A4

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 24 03, 19:40
Post #15

Hi Cleo,

you wrote following-------------

"The monotetra is a new poetic form developed by Michael Walker. Each stanza contains four lines in monorhyme. Each line is in tetrameter (four metrical feet) for a total of eight syllables. What makes the monotetra so powerful as a poetic form, is that the last line contains two metrical feet, repeated. It can have as few as one or two stanzas, or as many as desired."
Stanza Structure:

Line 1: 8 syllables; A1
Line 2: 8 syllables; A2
Line 3: 8 syllables; A3
Line 4: 4 syllables, repeated; A4, A4

you wrote above---------------

THANKS

Don

Aphrodite
post Aug 25 03, 07:45
Post #16

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Aug. 03 2003, 09:55)
Hello Everyone,

Lori you've done an amazing job with these forums! Quite impressive!

Now let me introduce me for those who don't know me, I am Liz... for those who do... I'm ducking! wink.gif

Hugs to you all, Liz

Hello Butterfly Lady Liz~
Welcome!!!!!
I am so glad that you are here, and look forward to reading some of your great work!!!!! JackBox.gif

Take care~
Lindi (Aphrodite)

·······IPB·······

"Imagination is more important than knowledge and encircles the world"
Albert Einstein

MM Award Winner

Charon
post Aug 25 03, 20:05
Post #17

Egyptian

Member No.: 5

Hi Amethyst,

Just wanted to say hi and tell you I enjoyed your posting of the  Stargazer.  I look forward to viewing more of your work.

AtH troy.gif

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile
for it hides a good time.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Sep 1 03, 08:14
Post #18

Ornate Oracle

Oh my... Have been caught under debris and have missed so much going on here! My apologies to all of you... I promise it won't happen again! ... (The baby is almost here guys...)

Don:
Hi Liz,

Making learning fun makes it fun to learn, BUT if we only learn what is fun we would little learn.

Remaining within familiar fences of security
chains us to see horizons as obscurity.
Barefoot, we suffer the paths of stone
so with ease we may walk on fire alone.

All ignorance may leap from our boat
to feed hungry monsters in the moat.
So we can continue to dance and frolic
devoid of light to clear dust from attic.

Hello Don,
I am so sorry about the delay on response here! You are so right, we need to learn what isn't fun as well... (But we can make learning un-fun things in a fun way! rasp.gif )
Thank you for your poem here... I especially can relate to stanza 1, as the beginning lines touch my own recent fears that I live within those confines... I think your poem speaks of truth in many different aspects of our lives. Thank you, Don!

As for Iambics... oh we'll both be in an asylum by the time I figure it all out as well. I think I've gotten a stronger ear for iambic, but now to properly combine the other meters and stresses to flow like a baby's breath... perfect rhythm... :) Yes, Eric does offer excellent threads of learning material. I often read them but rarely participate! wink.gif I am glad we're learning (even the parts that aren't so much fun, eh? ...)

I look forward to seeing you play with those monotetra's...
I will just wait to see you jump into the water first and if the water isn't all that cold, I will join you!

Hugs, Liz

Cleo:
Very nice poem Don - I should do an 'anthem for the Mosaic' challenge perhaps? Tee hee  

Welcome back Liz - congrats on the bed too!    

Cheers!

Hey Lori,

Thanks! The bed is working ok...its going to take me a lot of time to adjust to sticking 40 years of "stuff" into a 9 by 9 cubicle...  :dance:  :tigger:

I am interested in learning more of this new form... Have you yet started a thread in the poetry forms forum? ...I think I will be opening a few new threads in that forum soon... :)

Hugs Liz ...

Hey Lindi,

Oh I am glad to be here too! I should be finding myself a few extra minutes available for my pleasures... Which would include spending time with my friends here at the mosaic!
Thank you for the warm welcome! I will see you in the forums ...

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Sep 1 03, 08:17
Post #19

Ornate Oracle

Hi Amethyst,

Just wanted to say hi and tell you I enjoyed your posting of the  Stargazer.  I look forward to viewing more of your work.

AtH  

Hello Atilia the Hun,

Hmmmm, is that sort of like a lot of honey!  :dance:  :jackbox: I like your name quite alot... Thank you for the compliment on Stargazer, I've got some minor revisions I've made and need to change them here as well... It was written as a gift for a friend!

Best wishes, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:39

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: