Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> Poetic Challenge using Frost's "The Road Not Taken", Join in!
Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 12 10, 18:27
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi all,

Based on the Robert Frost "Stopping By Woods..." thread, I'm inspired to throw out a second challenge.

Taking Frost's The Road Not Taken poem below, create your own using the same end words. The words are: wood, both, stood, could, undergrowth / fair, claim, wear, there, same / lay, black, day, way, back / sigh, hence, I, by, difference.

Good luck!
~Cleo

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Robert Frost, 1920

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
Larry
post Jul 1 15, 23:02
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 446
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Just wondered in.

Pennant for Trebor Tsorf

Perhaps it’s just indifference
and not the fact they don’t come by
to post or crit or read so I
continue on my way. From hence
no tears will fall; a patient sigh

may find escape. I’d bring them back
with open arms or find a way
to fill these halls again one day.
Most forums are cobwebbed and black
with no one there to pen a lay

and everything remains the same.
I guess I could go here and there
to post a piece but it would wear
upon my nerves and I might claim
it’s good but it would just be fair.

I’ll hide in Karnak’s undergrowth
and hope for some small change; it could
bring back a few who understood
to raise the dead… I’ll carry both
a torch and cross made out of wood.

·······IPB·······

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Kindness is a seed sown by the gentlest hand, growing care's flowers.
Larry D. Jennings

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Cleo_Serapis   Poetic Challenge using Frost's "The Road Not Taken"   Jan 12 10, 18:27
- - Sekhmet   Totems Two gaudy effigies, carved in wood stand ...   Jan 14 10, 09:01
- - Merlin   I'm gonna post in here to keep to one thread. ...   Jan 14 10, 17:37
- - Merlin   Reconsidering and finding that I am actually well ...   Jan 15 10, 17:01
- - Sekhmet   Hey Merlin - I think I prefer the second one - but...   Jan 17 10, 13:32
- - Larry   Hi All, Thought I might chime in with my meager o...   Jan 18 10, 13:19
- - Cleo_Serapis   WOW!!!!!! Leo, Merl...   Jan 18 10, 14:16
- - Larry   Hi All, Here is a true story. Really! A Dif...   Jan 19 10, 09:25
- - Cleo_Serapis   Glad that wasn't the case, Larry! A lovel...   Jan 19 10, 09:43
- - Merlin   Good on ya for that sentiment, Larry. I'm fort...   Jan 19 10, 14:57
- - Cleo_Serapis   Well done Merlin! You all make this look EA...   Jan 20 10, 06:38
- - Larry   Hi Lori, Once more into the fray with Frost's...   Jan 22 10, 18:03
- - Cleo_Serapis   Gosh Larry - you've really sparked an emotiona...   Jan 22 10, 20:45
- - Larry   Hi Lori, Thank you for your kind words. I apolog...   Jan 23 10, 01:07
- - Cleo_Serapis   I believe it, Larry and am feeling the same sense ...   Jan 23 10, 07:57
- - Larry   Hello Again Lori, Perhaps the 1/2 Billion raised ...   Jan 23 10, 10:20
- - Merlin   We just keep going and going.... Good on ya, Larry...   Jan 23 10, 12:38
- - Larry   Bob Rime’s Rhyme Although this site would make a ...   Feb 2 10, 01:07
- - Sekhmet   Merlin! OK! I give in! I'll be...   Feb 2 10, 02:44
- - Merlin   That was Larry up above, Leo, but we acknowledge y...   Feb 2 10, 16:42
- - Larry   Hi Merlin, I read your Trebor Tsorf post in Herma...   Feb 3 10, 00:46
- - Cleo_Serapis   I'm not sure what's happened - it's be...   Feb 3 10, 06:36
- - Merlin   Trebor Tsorf Sedir Niaga A small notation makes s...   Feb 3 10, 09:14
- - Merlin   Hi Larry, Lori, et al. MM is not unique in declin...   Feb 3 10, 09:34
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Eric, I am in favor of your idea. We're s...   Feb 3 10, 12:07
- - Merlin   Excellent, Lori. Dialog is certainly a good thing,...   Feb 3 10, 12:22
- - Cleo_Serapis   That's OK - these threads can stay on page 1 i...   Feb 3 10, 12:44
- - Psyche   You gentlefolks persuaded me today to fling this s...   Feb 3 10, 17:26
- - Psyche   I'm absolutely overwhelmed by Merlin, Larry an...   Feb 3 10, 17:47
- - Psyche   Larry, your poem about Haiti also touched me treme...   Feb 3 10, 18:05
- - Larry   Thanks Merlin, Lori & Syl, This is such an en...   Feb 3 10, 19:32
- - Cleo_Serapis   BRAVO Sylvia!!! I really enjoyed your...   Feb 3 10, 19:53
- - Cleo_Serapis   I want to post this before I lose my train of thou...   Feb 3 10, 20:43
- - Merlin   I must add my note of congratulations to all parti...   Feb 4 10, 22:06
- - Cleo_Serapis   I have to get back to my poetic effort, ! Sin...   Feb 5 10, 06:45
- - Cleo_Serapis   One could even flip the stanzas backwards and star...   Feb 5 10, 06:46
- - Merlin   ....hmmmmmm. would that be starting with "dif...   Feb 5 10, 19:47
- - Cleo_Serapis   Why YES! O wizzie! difference/by/I/henc...   Feb 6 10, 10:02
- - Larry   Okay Lori, This is in answer to your double chall...   Feb 7 10, 15:46
- - Cleo_Serapis   FABULOUS Larry! Best of luck! Hope the...   Feb 7 10, 18:54
- - Larry   YEAH!!! Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat De...   Feb 8 10, 00:50
- - Cleo_Serapis   Great game, Larry! I was thrilled and even Ba...   Feb 8 10, 18:01
- - Larry   Hello All, Yet another answer to the "first ...   Feb 11 10, 15:43
- - Cleo_Serapis   This is AWESOME, Larry! Might you post it for ...   Feb 12 10, 08:57
- - Larry   Hi Lori, Thank you very much for your compliment....   Feb 12 10, 11:02
|- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Larry, QUOTE I guess I could post it for crit...   Feb 13 10, 08:09
- - Alan   NOT THE SLIGHTEST MARK Shall we have new bed of m...   Mar 5 14, 10:23
- - JustDaniel   Very well done, Alan... though it seems a very sad...   Mar 11 14, 18:32
- - JustDaniel   A Brain Mistaken ? Perhaps my brain is made of wo...   Mar 11 14, 19:05
- - Larry   Woodie I once possessed a car of steel and wood. ...   Apr 7 14, 23:08
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hahahaha! Great response Larry!   Apr 15 14, 07:13
- - Larry   Hi Lori, Thanks for the read and the chuckles. N...   Apr 15 14, 23:02
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hello Larry. I spy with my little eye that Y...   Apr 16 14, 07:57
- - Larry   Hi Lori, Thank you! I had a wonderful birthd...   Apr 21 14, 23:09
- - Alan   DECISIONS, DECISIONS Two roads diverged in a yell...   Aug 13 14, 04:03
- - JustDaniel   ... and here I am waiting behind you!!   Aug 13 14, 11:03
- - Larry   ... and I was behind you but decided not to wait. ...   Aug 14 14, 23:54
- - Alan   Sticks and stoned can break my bones but words can...   Aug 17 14, 02:41
- - Larry   Hi Alan, A word is but a tool and we must find th...   Aug 17 14, 08:37

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 17:22

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: