but the deepest theme of our emotions.

Exuberant sensitivities we’ve shared
infuse our horizons
with avid yearnings most revered.
An honest message with no innuendo
thrusts our spirits heavenward,
to the ultimate amorous crescendo.

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Nov 9 04, 04:16
Post #2

Hello John,

"amative" - a new word for me. In fact, the first on-line dictionary which I consulted was equally ignorant. But I see it means "inclined to love" - good use of an unusual word. Kudos to you, dear chap.

I was less unsure about this phrase...

"Letters written from the heart" -

That is, I understood it - only too well. I thought it was somewhat cliche. I see heart is necessary for the rhyme-scheme but I feel the rest of the line could be improved.

You next verse's opening line, too, rather glitched with me...

"Lilting lines of stardust moments" -

Not a cliche, just (I felt) rather OTT. Then again, this is not my love-letter! I wondered, if my coming down to Earth rather, could you improve that?

But your next opening line is quite disgraceful...

"Exuberant sensitivities we’ve shared" -

Please delete it immediately; pretend you never wrote it. Thanks! I want to use it and claim it as my own. OK with you? The juxtaposition of those opening two words is excellent.

As regards the closing -

"thrusts our spirits heavenward,
to the ultimate amorous crescendo."

A brilliant spiritual and sexual way to end.

I cannot write in your style at all (wish I could) so this has been hard to crit for me. A few things glitched (as mentioned, above). However, in the main I thought this was an excellent evocation of a love letter; well-written with some tremendous parts and, as a whole, a very good poem.

Thanks, James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 9 04, 06:26
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi John.

Just a quick observation and then I'll be back in to scan the words more closely later, How about making this poem's stanzas TRIPLETS?

I believe in that way, each sentence becomes its own statement.  detective.gif

Food for thought my friend.  Reindeer.gif  Snowflake.gif

Cheers!  pilgrim.gif
~Cleo  Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Nov 9 04, 07:13
Post #4

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Larry Carr

James,
I have come to respect your opinions and I appreciate your most helpful comments.
I am hopeful that some of the ladies will respond, cause  I would like to get a feminine perspective---if I get their approval, then I know I have something good.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Nov 10 04, 07:14
Post #5

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Cleo,
You have a great idea, that I didn't think of. I may possibly choose that format in a future revision.
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Nov 10 04, 22:27
Post #6

Good love letters are hard to write.  

You've had no problem with this one though.

"Our romantically charged souls
resonate with beloved melodies
of velvety soft harmonic echoes."

I wish someone wrote things like that for me!  lol

Cathy

Cybele
post Nov 11 04, 03:29
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 22
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Good morning John, sun.gif

'Who said romance is dead'? Any woman would be delighted to read such words of love and you have expressed some wonderful emotions here.

Nevertheless I had great trouble reading the piece since the rhyme confused me. I could not get the rhythm of the lines because the syllable count varied between 9 and 5 in the first verse alone and I didn't know quite how to read it John.  Had it been written in blank verse it would have been easier to follow.

I really loved the following sentiments

Smoldering embers of tenderness
well up inside our soul,
leaving us giddily breathless.

...beloved melodies
of velvety soft harmonic echoes.

Authoring one’s heartfelt rapture
in gentle loving words
moves us closer to love’s overture.

This, though is my favourite (with which I agree whole-heartedly)

An honest message with no innuendo
thrusts our spirits heavenward,
to the ultimate amorous crescendo.

Love

Grace rainbow.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Nov 11 04, 07:02
Post #8

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Cathy,
Thank you for your kind words.
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Nov 11 04, 07:04
Post #9

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Grace,
I know my rhythm is not crystal clear, but I am hopeful that the content of the message will override some of the shortcomings.  I am pleased that you found some lines that create some pleasant thoughts.
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:52

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: