Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Member Choice Nominations for Nov 2004, Post your nomination here by March 26th
Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 19 05, 08:20
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

vic.gif Calling all writers of the Mosaic! Viking.gif

As mentioned previously (see Nero's News), the time has come to initiate a changing of the guard here at MM.  oops.gif  grinning.gif We'd like to incorporate a new change to the "Members Choice" tile of style nomination process. While our staff recently assumed the role of nominating tiles for the NEW Moderator Choice Award, we'd like to hand off the nomination process for the Member Choice monthlies to you.  sun.gif

What do I do as a member?
Simple. Post ONE thread that you'd like to nominate started in NOVEMBER to be voted upon. Duplicate nominations accepted. We can only poll a max of 10 tiles, please nominate quickly.

sings.gif  hsdance.gif  MusicBand.gif  dance.gif  claps.gif

Nominate a tile here in this thread.

The details:
[*]Choose ONE post started you'd like to nominate from the month of NOVEMBER. *You can do this by utilizing our 'sort by topic start date' function located at the bottom of each forum's page display and then look for the topic start date when making your nomination.  detective.gif
[*]Make sure your nomination was started in the month of NOVEMBER.
[*]State the tile's title, author and forum in your reply.
[*]Eligible forums:
Homer's Homilies, Socrate's Synapse, Plato's Pearls of Wisdom, Angkor Wat Accolades, Stonehenge, Loch Ness & Mosaic Scrolls.

Nominations will be taken through March 26th, 2005.

Good luck all! king.gif  cheer.gif
Thank you for helping to build the Mosaic! lovie.gif  dance.gif

Mosaic Musings Staff  knight.gif cali.gif  Pharoah.gif  Viking.gif  tut.gif  troy.gif  vic.gif :roman: knight.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Mar 19 05, 10:58
Post #2

Hi Lori,

Do I assume that you don't wish staff to nominate in this challenge or would you like us to nominate here, too?

(I ask because you say "Calling All Writers of.". but also say the Staff have done one now it's over to members.)

Thanks,

James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 19 05, 11:34
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi James.

In the past, only the staff have made nominations for Member Choice, they can still nominate here too if they wish, but let's see if our members (non-staff) post any noms here first, ok?

This is only open until March 26....

Cheers!
~Cleo  :bunny:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Mar 19 05, 13:45
Post #4

Thanks, Lori - I think I understand. But that means that YOU the members do need to enter your nominations, please!

James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 20 05, 06:24
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

James - if you'd like to make a nomination, buy all means- do. I will too.

Maybe we just need to get it started? ???

Cheers.
Cleo laugh.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Mar 20 05, 06:29
Post #6

Hi Lori - OK, I'll look later / tomorrow - haven't thought of any yet - but happy to set the ball rolling, so to speak.

James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 20 05, 14:10
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I'll nominate "What is a Home" by JLY in Homer's Homiles
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=2940

Cheers!
Cleo  :rainbow:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Mar 20 05, 14:18
Post #8

Hard choice ...

I'll nominate "The Fourth Dimension" by Arnfinn in Homer's
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=2938

Fran

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 22 05, 06:20
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Sylvia (Psyche) has sent me an email to nominate the following tile:

Twilight Vista by larrysgirl5548 in Homer's
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....d+vista

You need to scroll to the bottom of the replies to see the poem, she deleted the original post in error....  :oops:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Mar 23 05, 18:23
Post #10

Hi Lori

I'd like to nominate In Your Absence by Cybele in Homer's

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....64;st=0

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 24 05, 06:25
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks!

So far, we've got four nominations. Anyone like to nominate for Stonehenge?

Idea.gif
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Ephiny
post Mar 24 05, 06:59
Post #12

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41

Hi Lori!

Could I nominate Toumai's "Monkey"?  I really enjoyed that story sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Mar 24 05, 07:13
Post #13

Gosh, thanks Lucie - I'm reet chuffed.   dance.gif

Only problem is I've removed it from the site to send to a couple of comps ... any suggestions, anyone? I don't mind re-instating it for a while, but as I think as if it wins it goes somewhere special on site I'd better say no to the nomination. Sad2.gif

Fran

Guest_Jox_*
post Mar 24 05, 08:30
Post #14

"reet chuffed" - now that IS language which I understand! We'll make a Derbyshire lass out of her soon.

Seriously... Would putting it in a hidden forum like Sanctuary be ok? But, as Fran says, it might need to be displayed, not just if it won but also to be fair to all members. What a shame. So I don't think I have a really good way round, alas. Come on someone? We took men to the Moon; can't we take a monkey to somewhere private on MM?

Anyway, at the very least let's wish Fran all the very best for the external competition. Dare we ask when the judgements will be known, Fran?

======================================================
Gosh, thanks Lucie - I'm reet chuffed.   :dance:

Only problem is I've removed it from the site to send to a couple of comps ... any suggestions, anyone? I don't mind re-instating it for a while, but as I think as if it wins it goes somewhere special on site I'd better say no to the nomination. :sad2:

Fran

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 26 05, 07:33
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Lucie. :)

Fran has removed the story for the moment, so can you please suggest another tile?

Hope you can do so today as the noms should be in by end of day today.

HUGS!
Cleo cool.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Mar 26 05, 09:15
Post #16

Wow!  Thanks for the nomination Sylvia!  I'm right honored, I am! sun.gif

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 26 05, 10:23
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Cathy. wave.gif

Would you like to nominate a tile as well?

~Cleo Idea.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Imhotep
post Mar 26 05, 10:25
Post #18

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Member No.: 14
Writer of: Newbie to Writing
Referred By:Lori

I'd like to nominate Cailean's "Balancing the Scales" in Stonehenge

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3001

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

Guest_Jox_*
post Mar 26 05, 16:08
Post #19

Hi,

My nomination is Ron's "A Gift of Spinach" in Homer's...

Veggypoem

I found it well written, a good rhyme and very amusing. He takes a very mundane subject, grows it to something of importance and zooms it at us with humour.

James.

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 26 05, 17:07
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

HI.  :grinning:

OK, so far we've got the following nominations:

"What is a Home" by JLY in Homer's Homilies
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=2940

"The Fourth Dimension" by Arnfinn in Homer's Homilies
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=2938

"Twilight Vista" by larrysgirl5548 in Homer's Homilies
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....d+vista

"In Your Absence" by Cybele in Homer's Homilies
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....64;st=0

"Balancing the Scales" by Cailean in Stonehenge
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3001

"A Gift of Spinach" by jgdittier in Homer's Homilies
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=2971

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:46

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: