On rolling ripples they will lie;
tepid water buoys the bed;
passions float their fiery flesh…
ruttish hunger will soon be fed.

Fagged desires fly away home
as amorous moans slowly subside;
dreams realized, fantasies fulfilled;
streaming emotions no longer denied.

Titles used (in order of appearance): Into the Gauntlet; The Search; The First Rule; Blood Oath; Safe Haven; The Glass Rainbow; The Grand Design; Lost Empire; Fly Away Home

Book Title Challenge #44

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_bombadil1247_*
post Aug 13 10, 09:50
Post #2

Hi, JLy,

must take a look at those games magictongue.png

Really liked this and you rose to the challenge well imo. Only two little vocabularly suggestions, both in the last verse.

'Fagged' doesn't quite work for me, probably because of outmoded connotations, perhaps just 'fed'? Likewise 'amorous' seems to break the mood created, perhaps something like 'lustful' or 'sated' might suit better? Just my thoughts of course, yours to use or lose as usual,
Jim

JLY
post Aug 13 10, 18:38
Post #3

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Larry Carr

Jim,
Thanks for the suggestions; you brought up some great ideas.

I used the word gauntlet and that summoned up some old-world thoughts and images and I guess that is why I chose fagged, but based upon your take, I just may change it.

Thanks again.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Aug 16 10, 02:55
Post #4

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hiya John,

I enjoyed this and as I've come to expect from you, there is a delightfully waltzing tempo to this. Sometimes I just cannot believe these wonderful poems come from the challenges and you put them together so well that I admire your talents.

Some thoughts to follow - I didn't really see anything that needed change, perhaps a few suggestions to follow that you might give another look ...

Hugs, Liz

BEHIND THE DOOR

Nice title. I think it sets the scene and reader without too much luring...

Into the gauntlet they’ll race,
lustful cravings, theirs to explore;
scented candles spirit the search
beyond bedroom’s beckoning door.

I might relook at L2, "...theirs' and substitute it with something more descriptive or active and use 'their in L3' ...

lustful cravings, raging to explore;
scented candles spirit their search -

I love the sounds in L4, that also create a very strong image and allows the reader to feel the sensuality in the line without painting the full picture.

No time to mull the first rule,
nor take a blood oath in jest;
ardor’s safe haven looms ahead,
indecisions an unwelcome guest.

Excellent stanza. Strong in meaning. L2/L4 are powerful. I adore the 'blood oath in jest' and creating a personalization of indecision... no nits here! Great work.

The glass rainbow’s hypnotic glow
mirrors lava lamp’s hued swirls.
Breathless yearnings abound!
The grand design quickly unfurls.

Perhaps 'A glass rainbow's hypnotic glow,'
and in L3, maybe 'Breathless yearnings now abound'

Tousled clothes on the floor;
pirouetting partners take delight.
A lost empire of indulgent visions
whet pent-up appetites tonight.

L1, perhaps Tousled clothing on the floor; Excellent imagery here. Tousled clothes show the hurriedness of the moment, the passion, the need.
In L3, perhaps 'pirouetting pair take delight..." the too many syllables create a stopping point for this reader.

On rolling ripples they will lie;
tepid water buoys the bed;
passions float their fiery flesh…
ruttish hunger will soon be fed.

L3, felt awkward - a little confusing in intention for me.
perhaps ... passions afloat, with fiery flesh ...

I will give a second vote to make a change of 'fagged'
and perhaps in L4, 'steaming ...' to enhance the fire/water combination that makes steam...

John as always I enjoyed this powerful, and explosive experience of passion, desire - need - and finally satisfaction... good choice words and images that let me, the reader, burn with the desires and feel each action as my own... Good work

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Aug 16 10, 05:31
Post #5

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Liz,
Thanks for spending the time on reviewing my poem. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome and much of what you have given me is very helpful.

I enjoy the challenges because they force me to be creative and they take away the horror of sitting in front of a blank screen / canvas and trying to figure out what to write about.

I will make some modifications soon and then post and updated version.

Thanks again,
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Aug 16 10, 10:48
Post #6

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hi John,

That is where I should be too, the challenges, trying to stir that inspiration - that's exactly what happens to me, a blank screen/page and an empty thick cotton of thoughtless stare... LOL

I look forward to reading and commenting on the upcoming revision! I enjoyed this and look forward to more of your creative stirrings.

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Aug 16 10, 11:28
Post #7

Jly, Well done, I have not done this before reading your work hopefully when I get to it I will have other thoughts....lol. Great job with the words, I think I noticed one in the reading, but tis ok at least you have done and finished and I have yet to begin. Tis, Unwell I've been, ya thats the good ole excuse....lol
Take care my friend
Steve

JLY
post Aug 16 10, 11:43
Post #8

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Steve,
Write when you feel up to it; if it is forced, it just may not measure up to your high standards that you have set for yourself.
We look forward to your offerings whenever you can muster the juices to flow like a creative river.
JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:40

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: