Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 10 10, 23:01
Post #1

Don't look up and sigh
at the darkening sky.
Don't wish upon that falling star,
Cause for you I've got a scoop.
That star is not what you think it are,
In reality it's just freeze dried astronaut poop.

Steve

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Alan
post Jun 11 10, 00:41
Post #2

Laureate Legionnaire

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 298
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori/Eisa/loads of old friends

Dear Steve,

Errrr, ummmm, you want crit on this ?

Love
Alan

·······IPB·······

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 12 10, 01:15
Post #3

Alan, I know that this would need a lot of work and I don't know as to wether I want to do it yet...lol, this was mainly a reply to a email that JohnLY sent me which after listening I though rather funny so I wrote him this quickly with the intention of maybe expanding it out. I already know about the are and there are probably a thousand other things wrong... it just hits the right sort of mood for the short program I watched... if you have an idea to help expand it I will be glad to read...maybe I should send you the program for you to watch.

Steve

heartsong7
post Jun 13 10, 14:39
Post #4

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 70
Referred By:Merlin

hi Steve,
It's light and fun... with a very off-the-cuff feel.. so no need to change anything.
Sue

·······IPB·······

Forgiveness is the fragrance
the violet sheds
on the heel
that has crushed it.

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 13 10, 21:46
Post #5

Sue, Thank you it was written as light and fun and very off the cuff, maybe I can get JLy to share the small film this was inspired by to all the rest of you...it was a NASA guy explaining about space toilets.

Take care
Steve

merle
post Jun 14 10, 14:58
Post #6

Assyrian

Member No.: 756
Referred By:Winning Writer's web site

Hi Steve -

Now I understand why my wishes didn't come true! Think I'll pass on the clip, way too much information. lol

Robin

·······IPB·······

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 15 10, 19:56
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

LOL.gif!!!!

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 15 10, 22:42
Post #8

But Robin, if you go up into space it is of vital importance you know how to pee and poop properly, otherwise that gunk can get everywhere...LOL :ROTFLMAO: I'm sorry you didn't get your wish, want a lolipop instead? lol

Steve

merle
post Jun 15 10, 23:28
Post #9

Assyrian

Member No.: 756
Referred By:Winning Writer's web site

And here I thought I had potty training mastered by the age of two...

I'm afraid to say 'yes' to a lollipop, no telling what that is! :)

Robin

·······IPB·······

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 16 10, 00:12
Post #10

Robin, a lollipop is lick, on a stick, guaranteed to make you sick, L O L L I P O P,,,egad you don't remember that song, or maybe you never heard it... a lollipop is a piece of candy and thats as far as I will go with that. Yes there is a long back story behind that but not something I wish to explain in a five minute reply. lol

Take Care
Steve

Eisa
post Jun 18 10, 13:45
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

Oh Steve

I might have known we'd get a laugh from you! LOL!
Jester.gif

Don't look up and sigh
at the darkening sky.
Don't wish upon that falling star,
Cause for you I've got a scoop.
That star is not what you think it are,
In reality it's just freeze dried astronaut poop.

Just a thought for fixing L5 could you not change it to plural?

That stars are not what you think they are,

Well who says you can't write a poem about anything!

LOL.gif
Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 18 10, 22:39
Post #12

Eira, Yep I can change that easy enough, hey you got to laugh when the light hearted things come to shine, otherwise you might never smile and what a poor world that would be without smiles and laughter. My dog made me laugh today even though it wasn't really funny, he came tramping into the room all forlorn looking but I could see something sticking out of his mouth. Every time I tried to coax it from him he would turn and growl, I finally got him to drop it after giving him a beef stick for dogs. it was the corner of a package that beef jerky comes in, I had just gotten such a package yesterday from my wife and had only had two pieces from it and I know that I put it in my upper drawer of my clothing chest next to my bed. Well when i went up and looked guess what was gone? Yep he had gotten the whole package, I knew he had, he knew he had but i couldn't punish him because it was over an hour or so before I discovered it and he wouldn't realize what he was being punished for, but I thought and verbally admonished him for making me give him a beef treat for stealing a pound of beef jerky, and looking forlorn about doing so. I am not sure who is worse him for doing or me for forgiving him. Ah well
Thanks for reading and for you kind words as always Eira.

Take care
Steve

Arnfinn
post Jun 20 10, 06:40
Post #13

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17

Steve, an honest opinion...

I think your poems up to S..t

On a constipation of a constellation I give it a six. mickeymouse.gif pinkpanther.gif

Nothing like getting down and dirty... mickeymouse.gif pinkpanther.gif

John

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 21 10, 11:06
Post #14

Arnie, well you know the best fields are the ones tilled with the best manure,,,one mans crap is another mans plant food...or whatever...lol

Take care not to step in any on your way out.

Steve

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 21 10, 11:41
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I thought it was "One man's crap is another man's treasure"?

rofl.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jun 21 10, 12:01
Post #16

One mans trash is another mans treasure....I was paraphrasing Lori.... but thats ok

Steve

Cleo_Serapis
post Jun 22 10, 05:29
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

LOL.gif!!!!!

WWWWWWWWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. rofl.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 21:16

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: