post Mar 3 07, 17:09
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

This is a very original poem composed of different levels of mythology, spirituality and fantasy. I found it a very powerful poem.

This is posted in Seren's Synapse: Adonis in Dreamscape

Adonis in Dreamscape

Somewhere--
where chimney smoke dots the distance
in synaptic gaps, like memory loss in warm rolling meadows, I tango

with the sun matching my every step.
Our growing heat--a fever un-indexed on any chart--
warms my neck as meadowlarks

sing warnings to intruders. I pause
in rehearsed mid-curve of a dip
to slip myself off; upside-down, the blue sky

becomes a cloudy skipping stone path
along a zen azure river bed.
Someone crosses that rarefied stream; meadowlarks

scatter and soar into those rapid currents to drown,
as the timothy grass above
bows and parts like hair yielding to watery eyes. He arrives

hunkered and stalking; the sun
returns to its rightful place; released,
I twist and fall onto my knees.

The wind offers burning incense:
cherry-wood and ripened blackberries
from the undergrowth of his kinky hair.

His indefatigable arms,
with sun-kissed skin, gather me up--
wildflowers bunched to his bare chest

in one motion; I stare at thin scars on his stomach
while his breath--
a Snowy Owl's stuttering wingtip-- brushes me.

My trembling fingers crawl inside his hands: hands
dewy and deathless as the Earth
that receives us all in our due turn.

We spin.

Where did you come from, O Beautiful One? The ancient capital
of Nineveh, by way of Lesbos and Sappho's revered verse,
only to descend into my arms...maybe...

pivoting, his dark myrrhic eyes betray his intentions,
and I feel my breasts heave and sigh, as our rush
blurs grass and sky,

until colours fracture, fall
and form iridescent steps to Aphrodite's throne. We ascend past the clouds;
I half expect feathers to tear from his back, during our dance.

We drift.

I kiss him before he condenses and falls like rain,
returning back to the soft ground.
His blood slowly coagulates into a bed of red roses

that are plucked
by young, barefoot maidens in flowing, virginal dresses
who have come far to worship our passing beauty.

I wake.

The sun bestows me red rows through my window in consolation;
I grin at those fresh flowers filling the kitchen vase,
while my husband, awake early, smiles coyly
and burns myrrh incense.

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Eisa   April 2007 IBPC Nominations   Mar 3 07, 17:09
- - AMETHYST   Absolutely am smiling from ear to ear to see this ...   Mar 7 07, 01:12
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hiya Tim. In order to have this poem included in ...   Mar 20 07, 05:31
- - AMETHYST   I would like to nominate this poem located in Herm...   Mar 29 07, 07:35
- - AMETHYST   I would like to nominate this for its strong use o...   Mar 29 07, 07:42
- - AMETHYST   I would like to nominate this for the lovely senti...   Mar 29 07, 08:38
- - Cleo_Serapis   Thank you very much Liz! I appreciate and accept ...   Mar 30 07, 05:38
- - AMETHYST   I would like to nominate this poem. QUOTE On th...   Mar 30 07, 15:04
- - AMETHYST   I would love to nominate this poem. The Huitian Fo...   Mar 30 07, 15:45
- - Eisa   Thank you Liz Hugs Snow   Mar 30 07, 17:03
- - Cleo_Serapis   Congrats Snow - a lovely dance this is!   Mar 31 07, 06:34
- - AMETHYST   I would like to nominate this poem for its enchant...   Mar 31 07, 07:44
- - Cathy   Are you the original author of this poem? Yes Has...   Mar 31 07, 08:20
- - AMETHYST   Congratulations! Thanks Cathy ~ this is yet anothe...   Mar 31 07, 09:01
- - Eisa   I would like to nominate this very unique poem wri...   Mar 31 07, 19:53
- - Kathy   I am honoured by your nomination, Liz. Thank you....   Mar 31 07, 22:39
- - Kathy   Oh this one has been published too. But thank ...   Mar 31 07, 22:44
- - Kathy   Well nominated. :) I am very tired after several...   Apr 1 07, 00:26
- - Cleo_Serapis   Thanks Kathy for your reply. Yes, the IBPC will n...   Apr 1 07, 07:05
- - Cleo_Serapis   Thanks Kathy for letting us know - that's too bad,...   Apr 1 07, 07:08
- - Eisa   Oh Kathy! -- what a shame. I like this one so ...   Apr 2 07, 03:44
- - Eisa   I would like to nominate Treasures by Psyche (Sylv...   Apr 2 07, 04:23
- - Kathy   That's so nice of you! Thanks.   Apr 2 07, 04:23
- - AMETHYST   Hmmmmm ... Kathy I am both happy and sad. I am ver...   Apr 2 07, 15:37
- - AMETHYST   Thank you Snow for this wonderful surprise! :) I d...   Apr 2 07, 16:50
- - AMETHYST   Yes this is worthy of recognition... Hugs, Liz   Apr 2 07, 16:51
- - Kathy   See? I did come back. Nice one, Liz!   Apr 2 07, 18:42
- - Kathy   That's the trouble with getting things publish...   Apr 2 07, 18:46
- - Cleo_Serapis   Oh, I haven't had the pleasure to read or comment ...   Apr 3 07, 05:23
- - Psyche   Hi Snow! Thank you so much for nominating my p...   Apr 5 07, 10:29
- - Psyche   Thank you, Cleo, for your complimentary remarks. I...   Apr 5 07, 10:32
- - Psyche   Ah, I liked this one from the start, Liz! I...   Apr 5 07, 10:51
- - Psyche   An enchanting poem, Cathy! It has such a magic...   Apr 5 07, 11:02
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Aggie. I've updated this nomination with your ...   Apr 6 07, 05:16
- - Psyche   I would like to nominate Petra's Splendor, by ...   Apr 6 07, 13:46
- - AMETHYST   I love this poem. What an excellent choice Sylvia ...   Apr 6 07, 18:07
- - Aggiel   Thanks a lot, Liz and Lori. Aggie   Apr 6 07, 20:45
- - AMETHYST   No thanks necessary, your wonderful poem did it fo...   Apr 6 07, 22:50
- - AMETHYST   Thank you Kathy and Sylvia, I am liking this one t...   Apr 6 07, 22:51
- - AMETHYST   And the answer to that question powerfully allows ...   Apr 6 07, 22:53
- - Eisa   I would like to nominate this poem found in Seren...   Apr 7 07, 03:57
- - JaxMyth   Many thanks for the nomination but I have to decli...   Apr 9 07, 04:55
- - Cleo_Serapis   Oh bummer, well, no it's a GOOD reason to decline....   Apr 9 07, 05:33
- - AMETHYST   I would like to nominate this poem written by Snow...   Apr 13 07, 12:38
- - AMETHYST   Permission PM Sent WHoooo HOooooooo   Apr 13 07, 12:41
- - Eisa   Oh thanks for nominating this one Liz -- it is ver...   Apr 14 07, 04:47
- - Kathy   Well done, Liz. Let's have a party!   Apr 14 07, 05:05
- - AMETHYST   Permission Notice received and granted! YAHHHH ......   Apr 15 07, 13:11
- - Eisa   Hooray! I'm glad you've given permissi...   Apr 15 07, 15:04
- - azurepoetry   Hello All, I am off on vacation (NY) for a week, ...   Apr 22 07, 08:00
- - Cleo_Serapis   All set Tim! Enjoy your vacation - I hope the ret...   Apr 22 07, 16:57
- - Cleo_Serapis   Congratulations Snow! Best of luck in the IBPC c...   Apr 29 07, 08:04
- - Cleo_Serapis   Congratulations Cathy! Best of luck in the IBPC ...   Apr 29 07, 08:04
- - Cleo_Serapis   Congratulations Liz! Best of luck in the IBPC co...   Apr 29 07, 08:04
- - AMETHYST   Thanks Lori, I am so excited. Will you do the ho...   Apr 29 07, 18:20
- - AMETHYST   CONGRATULATIONS CATHY!!! Good Luck with IBPC I...   Apr 29 07, 18:24
- - AMETHYST   Congratulations Snow!!! This is going to turn h...   Apr 29 07, 18:28
- - Cleo_Serapis   LOL! No problem Liz - it should be easier 'cos I'l...   Apr 29 07, 18:28
- - Eisa   Whipee! I'm so glad I nominated this -- it...   Apr 30 07, 03:52
- - Eisa   Thank you both for your good wishes -- and thanks ...   Apr 30 07, 03:54
- - Eisa   Oh Cathy -- I'm so thrilled is going to IBPC -...   Apr 30 07, 03:57
- - Psyche   TRULY WONDERFUL, CATHY!!!! CONGRAT...   Apr 30 07, 12:12
- - Cathy   Thanks everyone! *smiles* Cathy   May 2 07, 07:44

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:18

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: