post Jul 23 06, 13:30
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Let's all welcome Phot's Moll (Patsy) to the Mosaic, who joined our site today! Newbie.gif

Please let us know if you have any questions about the forum. I look forward personally to reading your prose works. Do you write poetry too? detective.gif

WELCOME! Balloons.gif PartyFavor.gif

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Cathy_*
post Jul 23 06, 13:43
Post #2

Welcome to MM Patsy! I love that name! lol

If you have any trouble or questions please feel free to ask. I'm looking forward to interacting with you around the site!

Cathy cheer.gif

Guest_Toumai_*
post Jul 23 06, 16:01
Post #3

Hi Patsy wave.gif sun.gif

Welcome to MM. Hope you soon settle in. There'll be a few familiar names I think cheer.gif

Fran

Guest_Jox_*
post Jul 23 06, 16:32
Post #4

Hi Patsy,

Welcome from me, too.

I don't think we've met before but I've seen you on WD many-a-time. As Fran says, you may well recognise many names on here from there.

I hope you'll be very happy here.

James.

AMETHYST
post Jul 23 06, 16:33
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hi Patsy,

Welcome to MM! There is much to inspire you here at MM and so many area's of interest to quench your thirst in the arts... Please feel free to contact any of us for any reason. We are here to help each other get around, and improve on our poetry.

Best Regards, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Jul 23 06, 16:36
Post #6

Hi Patsy

A very warm welcome to MM. I recognise your name from WD. If you need any help finding your way around, please feel free to PM me.

I look forward to interacting with you on here.

Nina

Guest_Rosemerta_*
post Jul 24 06, 16:25
Post #7

Greetings, Patsy princess.gif

And welcome to MM. I hope to be reading some of your work soon. This is a great place to share your work in.

Guest_Phot's Moll_*
post Jul 27 06, 10:01
Post #8

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I'm just having a look round at the moment, but I'll be joining in soon.

Guest_Phot's Moll_*
post Jul 29 06, 04:21
Post #9

I've worked out how to post a story, and how to comment on other people's - that's good for a computer duffer like me. Is there a way to get e-mail notification when people have replied to me?

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 29 06, 06:38
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Patsy. wave.gif

This board can notify you when a new reply is added to a topic. Many users find this useful to keep up to date on topics without the need to view the board to check for new messages.

There are three ways to subscribe to a topic:
  1. Click the 'Track This Topic' link at the top of the topic (in the topic title bar, use the Options pull-down) that you wish to track: Options > Track this Topic.
    This action will actually bring you into your control panel to the subscription information section (second box down on left). The board defaults to the 'Delayed Emailed Notification' setting, but you can change it to any of the other options there. Personally, I use the 'Immediate Email Notification' option.

2. On the posting screen when replying to or creating a topic, check the 'Enable email notification of replies?' checkbox (just underneath the post text box).

3. From the E-Mail settings section of your User CP (My Controls - fourth box down on left) check the 'Enable Email Notification by default?' option, this will automatically subscribe you to any topic that you make a reply to.
    I use this feature too so that I receive notification for ALL topics (whether my own or others I've replied to).
Please note that to avoid multiple emails being sent to your email address, you will only get one e-mail for each topic you are subscribed to until the next time you visit the board.

You are also able to subscribe to each individual forum on the board, to be notified when a new topic is created in that particular forum. To enable this, click the 'Subscribe to this forum' link in the Options menu of the forum that you wish to subscribe to.

To unsubscribe from any forums or topics that you are subscribed to - just go to the 'Subscriptions' section of 'My Controls' and you can do this from there.

Cheers - I will post this in the FAQ forum as well.
~Cleo pharoah2.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Phot's Moll_*
post Jul 31 06, 06:10
Post #11

Thanks Cleo,

I think I've set it up right now!

Blank_Canvas
post Jul 31 06, 12:00
Post #12

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

Welcome, Patsy,
I am happy to meet you and look forward to getting to know you better as we post. I am not very knowledgeable about the computer either. A lot of the options that are found here....I still cannot figure out how to make them work. Enjoy learning, and it is a challenge. ~laugh~
Hope you will enjoy it here among us !
Marcia sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 31 06, 19:48
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

No problem Patsy! hsdance.gif

So now the question is: did you get notice when Marcia replied (and me too now)?

grinning.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Phot's Moll_*
post Aug 4 06, 13:51
Post #14

No, I didn't get an e-mail. I did get one when a comment was left on one of my stories though, but not when a reply was made to comments I'd left on other people's work.

Under the box I'm typing this in it says 'you are currently receiving email notification of replies' (it lies)

In my controls I've ticked to enable e-mail notification and selected immediate notification (I'm soooo impatient) Should I do anything else?

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 4 06, 14:07
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Patsy.

In your control panel - in the subscriptions section, there are two selections:
View Topics
View Forums

If you look at each, it will list which ones you are subscribed to.

Can you let me know please what you see?

THX
Lori detective.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Rosemerta_*
post Aug 4 06, 14:24
Post #16

Hi again, Patsy cheer.gif

Just adding this so you can test your email subscription. Hopefully you are getting responses now. Its nice to have, especially when you don't have time to go check the forum for new posts (on that tile anyway) It also works on tiles (threads) that you post to.

Good luck ballet.gif

Guest_Phot's Moll_*
post Aug 4 06, 15:21
Post #17

Hello again,

Thanks for all the messages everyone - I'm pleased to get them, even without the e-mails!

Cleo, in view topics there is a list of topics where I have made comments (all of them I think). In view forums it says 'You are not subscribed to any forums at present'

Guest_Phot's Moll_*
post Aug 4 06, 15:26
Post #18

I've looked more closely at 'view topics' all but two say 'Type: No Email Notification' The two that say 'immediate email notification' are the two that I've had e-mails for - so that's right. How do I get e-mails for all topics I take part in? I wasn't aware I'd done anything different on these two.

Guest_Phot's Moll_*
post Aug 4 06, 15:39
Post #19

I think the ones that say 'immediate notification' are topics I first commented on after I set up the thingy (technical term) so that I get notification. Maybe I'll get notification for all new topics?

I clicked 'options' on this topic and tried to monitor the thread (tile?) but I got 'Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.'

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 4 06, 16:48
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Phot @ Aug 4 06, 16:21 ) *
Hello again,

Thanks for all the messages everyone - I'm pleased to get them, even without the e-mails!

Cleo, in view topics there is a list of topics where I have made comments (all of them I think). In view forums it says 'You are not subscribed to any forums at present'

Hi Patsy. wave.gif

I'll reply to each of yours separately too. bookworm.gif

If you have any 'favorite forums' that you'd like to get notification on when new topics are posted, then you would go to that forum, say Stonehenge for example and then use the Forum Options > subscribe to this forum selection. A box will appear for you to choose your notification method. Please note - you will only get and email for NEW TOPICS, not any replies UNLESS you also do the following change in your control panel in the Options> Email section (2 blocks down from the subscriptions section):
In board preferences, check the third (last) option there that says:
"Enable 'Email Notification' by default?" If ticked, choose default type: "Immediate Email Notification". Doing this additional step this one time will now also send you notices to any topic you start or reply to in all our forums. cheer.gif

Back to the Subscriptions section: In the View Topics listing, you must have checked the 'enable email notification' box when you posted in those tiles. Similarly, you can then go to your control panel at any time and make the following adjustments:

To the far right of each topic you have subscribed to, there will be a checkbox. Underneath each title, it will tell you which type of notification method is being used. To change them from one method to another (including 'unsubscibe'), put a checkmark in those boxes then scroll to the end of your list. You'll see a pull down menu that starts with 'unsubscribe' and a box next to it that says 'with selected'.

Click the pulldown menu of options next to 'unsubscribe' and make your selection: Change to: Immediate email notification then click the box next to it "with selected".

Your list will refresh and there you can confirm that your request was done.

~Cleo Guitar.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:46

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: