beech nuts
bolster
macabre
pitch fork
hedge shears
maze
corn rows
deposition

Well, I looked on AMAZON and I could not find a WITHY BED, so that must be a place where you plant those little willows that they use to weave baskets, is that right, Denis. I'm as unfamiliar with those as I am BEECH NUTS, never having walked beneath any beech trees during the time that they evidently fall off with those fuzzy little husks. Perhaps I need to BOLSTER my forestry experience a bit, do you think?

I'm not very MACABRE, so you won't see me marching around this Halloween with a PITCH FORK or HEDGE SHEARS or other weapon, scaring the daylights out of kids going through a MAZE in the CORN ROWS. If I did that, there'd likely be some parent sign out a DEPOSITION for my arrest or something.

macabre
withy bed
beech nuts
bolster
Amazon
thunder cloud
razzle dazzle
morning mist
jack o' lantern
serpentine

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Psyche
post Oct 20 20, 17:18
Post #262

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

[quote name='JustDaniel' post='155058' date='Oct 20 20, 18:28 ']Amazon
withy bed
beech nuts
bolster
macabre
pitch fork
hedge shears
maze
corn rows
deposition

Well, I looked on AMAZON and I could not find a WITHY BED, so that must be a place where you plant those little willows that they use to weave baskets, is that right, Denis. I'm as unfamiliar with those as I am BEECH NUTS, never having walked beneath any beech trees during the time that they evidently fall off with those fuzzy little husks. Perhaps I need to BOLSTER my forestry experience a bit, do you think?

I'm not very MACABRE, so you won't see me marching around this Halloween with a PITCH FORK or HEDGE SHEARS or other weapon, scaring the daylights out of kids going through a MAZE in the CORN ROWS. If I did that, there'd likely be some parent sign out a DEPOSITION for my arrest or something.

[size="5"]macabre
withy bed
beech nuts
bolster
Amazon
thunder cloud
razzle dazzle
morning mist
jack o' lantern
serpentine

A ghostly figure was walking over the withy beds bordering a river south of the Amazon rainforest. He carried a bag of beech nuts to bolster his energy to carry out the macabre plans he had in mind.
Thunder clouds appeared after the morning mist had cleared along the serpentine pathway he had chosen.
Soon he encountered a glade in the woods where a razzle dazzle, noisy party was being organized, all of which confused him on how to carry out his wicked designs.
It was already evening and the downpour had ended, so he sat on a log watching the jack 'o lanterns flitting around. All of sudden, he took out a notebook and scrawled a dark picture of the victim he'd had on his mind. He sold it for a million dollars and never went to prison for all the crimes he'd committed.

macabre
withy bed
beech nuts
bolster
Amazon
meddling
neutron
goats
photo album
oxygen

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Oct 21 20, 07:06
Post #263

Trojan

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,150
Writer of: Poetry

macabre
withy bed
beech nuts
bolster
Amazon
meddling
neutron
goats
photo album
oxygen

As I collected Beech Nuts in my Bolster, which I used, after some alterations, as a carry-all that was ideal for collecting all and any fruit or nuts found, as I took my morning walk, alongside the Withy Bed, fast changing colour now Fall had arrived. I contemplated on the world and its many marvels, and how, the basic fabric of life depended upon Neutrons. Good, bad, gentile - even Macabre -all life and our existence required them. Earlier in the month, I had ordered a back-pack from Amazon to replace my somewhat tattered bolster bag, like one pictured in my Photo Album - a school days reminder - but as yet, thanks to the Covid 19 pandemic which had Meddled in my plans, it as yet, had not arrived. As I collected the last of the nuts I could find, I was startled to hear the bleating cries of Goats, for they had arrived without making a sound. Gulping a full breath of country fresh Oxygen charged air, to collect my wits, it was then I realised they were telling me, this was their domain, and I was an intruder robbing them of their few delicacies. So without further ado, I quickly left them to browse for any Beech Nuts remaining. Rhymer.

meddling
neutron
goats
photo album
oxygen
Domain
Intruder
Author
Robber
Magpie

JustDaniel
post Oct 21 20, 18:06
Post #264

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

neutron
meddling
goats
domain
robber
author
intruder
magpie
oxygen
photo album

NEUTRON was the name that my grandson had given this MEDDLING leader of the GOATS in our back pasture, reminding me that I was in his DOMAIN, and that he considered me a ROBBER... and AUTHOR of conflict between his kind and ours. Feeling that I was an INTRUDER, I quickly retreated to our back yard adjacent to the field.

A MAGPIE sat on a limb and mocked me, but I simply drew in more OXYGEN and returned to my house, where I could add pictures of the goat and magpie to my PHOTO ALBUM.

domain
intruder
author
robber
magpie
can opener
sauerkraut
Milky Way
snickers
graham cracker

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Oct 22 20, 11:20
Post #265

Trojan

Having been accused of being the Author of trouble twixt our Domain and that of my neighbour, and hearing a Robber Magpie, chortling with glee with a Snickers or Milky Way bar clutched in its beak, perched in the tree dividing our properties, making me feel like an Intruder, I returned to my kitchen where I, after securing some mouldy Sauerkraut and a stale Graham Cracker, I grabbed our rusty old Can Opener, to open a can - long past its ‘before best date’ - printed in faded Latin - of unknown content. What the heck figured I? I might as well become a full fledged member of the local idiocy than stand on the sidelines,
wondering what on earth is their purpose in life? Rhymer.

can opener
sauerkraut
Milky Way
snickers
graham cracker
Mouldy
Rusty
Beaker
Crow
Tansy

JustDaniel
post Oct 22 20, 14:42
Post #266

Ornate Oracle

crow
can opener
sauerkraut
moldy
rusty
snicker
tansy
Milky Way
graham cracker
beaker

I don't want to CROW about it, but after my CAN OPENER was able to open the can of SAUERKRAUT, mine was not MOLDY, even though the can was RUSTY. I walked outside with a SNICKER on my face and noticed a little TANSY plant in the light of the moon and then glanced up at a beautiful view of the MILKY WAY and took a bite of my GRAHAM CRACKER. Coming back inside it walked past the BEAKER of beer that I had no desire to imbibe, and sat down, satisfied.

moldy
rusty
beaker
crow
tansy
test tube
inoculate
bread line
out house
ceiling fan

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Oct 22 20, 16:03
Post #267

Trojan

Walking through my many flower beds, I stopped to look and marvel at the different flowers I had planted and how each in its own way had a unique, distinctive shape, scent and colour that made it instantly recognisable to such as myself. The Tansy for example, that comes in varied forms, still bears its definitive shape and colour. Some varieties bear the colour of Rusty nails, whilst others at first glance, seem Mouldy. Growing near the now unused Outhouse, on which a nosey Crow often perches, and where I, in my need to enjoy his company from time to time, leave a Beaker filled with crust crumbs, collected from the ‘out of date’ charitable Bread Line situated at the nearby bakery. Always a great source of bird food, which allows me to keep many of my feathered friends happy, who return daily. Birds such as my friendly Crow, who is one I have watched for hours, and teased with a Test Tube in which a tasty tidbit was placed. This to see if he was as smart a bird as experts would have us believe? He or She proves to be a darned sight smarter than many I have got to know on the Internet! Perhaps I could Innoculate some such as they, with a few brains? Probably a waste of good material! Returning to the house, I was pleased to sit down and cool off under the Ceiling Fan which spun lazily, churning the tepid air of the hot summer day as I reflected on all I had seen this day. A great walk that never fails to excite and interest me or, for that matter, all who saunter through with their eyes open and their ears tuned to Nature’s offerings found in this Ontario locality. Rhymer.

test tube
inoculate
bread line
out house
ceiling fan
Tidbit
Bakery
Spinning wheel
Baggage
Perch.

JustDaniel
post Oct 24 20, 07:18
Post #268

Ornate Oracle

perch
outhouse
inoculate
bread line
tidbits
bakery
test tube
spinning wheel
ceiling fan
baggage

From my PERCH in the OUTHOUSE I'm worrying whether I've been INOCULATED from everything that lies below, or from those who were standing in the BREAD LINE where I had gathered TIDBITS from the BAKERY to feed the birds. Unfortunately I've not been given a TEST TUBE of serum for that purpose, so I'll just have to take my chances, keep my hands clean and keep my mask on. I'm on the SPINNING WHEEL of fate, like the CEILING FAN with a paddle with my name on it, just waiting for all my BAGGAGE to catch up with me!

tidbit
bakery
spinning wheel
baggage
perch
peach cobbler
ditch digger
eaves
golden plums
spinnaker

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Oct 24 20, 12:31
Post #269

Trojan

tidbit
bakery
spinning wheel
baggage
perch
peach cobbler
ditch digger
eaves
golden plums
spinnaker

Having bought a pie shell from the local Bakery, I added a mixed fruit filling of Golden Plums and Peach Cobbler. To the unknowing eye it might look a real mish-mash of unknown delight, but it was always good for a tasty Tidbit when I wanted one. You betcha this would suit me well later! Then putting it into the oven to bake, I sought my chosen Perch. A saddle backed chair, close to my wife's Spinning Wheel. From here alongside a small side window, overhung with thatched Eaves, I could see the river estuary where a Spinnaker, fully filled with the afternoon breeze, took a fishing boat. Passing by a Ditch Digger cleaning out the storm drain outlet of its dross, working in the afternoon sun. As I watched,, I wondered if I, complete with bag and baggage could buy a vessel such as that, and sail the oceans until I, tired and weather beaten, could retire to a small shanty town in the Caribbean. Say in Puerto Rico - a favourite haunt of mine? Dream on I told myself! Those days are long gone. Today all you can do is reminisce and sigh! Rhymer.

baggage
perch
peach cobbler
ditch digger
eaves
Shanty
Swabbie
Saddle
Mainsail
Bilges.

JustDaniel
post Oct 24 20, 13:36
Post #270

Ornate Oracle

peach cobbler
shanty
ditch digger
saddle
perch
baggage
eaves
swabbie
bilges
mainsail

After a nice dinner topped off by PEACH COBLER I retired to my SHANTY. Nothing much for a DITCH DIGGER to do... with not even a SADDLE on which to ride a borrowed steed. So here I PERCH myself on my BAGGAGE under the EAVES of my shack and dream. Perhaps I can get job as a SWABBIE on one of those steamers and clean out the BILGES. I'd never learned to sail on one of those ships with a MAINSAIL.

shanty
swabbie
saddle
mainsail
bilges
cymbals
gingerbread
maple syrup
pumpernickel
rapscallion

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Oct 24 20, 14:21
Post #271

Trojan

How well I recall visiting a Shanty town and chatting with a Rapscallion Swabbie who had sailed the oceans and seven seas for many a year. His task had been to pump and clean Bilges in ocean steamers. Long after Mainsails were no longer manned to grab whatever wind might be blowing. He had retired to live in Northern Canada and harvest Maple Syrup every Spring. Seated on a Mule, his Saddle an Indigenous blanket spread, weekly he took himself into the nearby town where he sold home made Gingerbread and Pumpernickel bread to the local inhabitants. Once his goods were sold, before heading back home, he would stay awhile and listen to the local band who, to the sound of syncopated Cymbals, entertained the citizenry and travelling merchants every Thursday. Rhymer.

cymbals
gingerbread
maple syrup
pumpernickel
rapscallion
Brassy
Snare drums.
Drain pipe
Cork
Syncopated

JustDaniel
post Oct 24 20, 14:52
Post #272

Ornate Oracle

cymbals
syncopated
brassy
drain pipe
cork
rapscallion
pumpernickel
gingerbread
maple syrup
snare drums

Having never heard a CYMBALS band playing SYNCOPATED music (which to my taste would be a bit BRASSY), it appears that my life has gone down the DRAIN PIPE with someone having put a CORK in it! I'm just the RAPSCALLION who never learned how to bake PUMPERNICKEL bread or GINGERBREAD, though the latter sounds as though it might taste good with MAPLE SYRUP, of which I also have none. Down here, at the bottom of the drain pipe, I can barely hear the SNARE DRUMS as they pass in parade. My life is one big puddle.

brassy
snare drums
drain pipe
cork
syncopated
seersucker
gaberdine
smorgasbord
high octane
Moose Lodge

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Oct 24 20, 16:12
Post #273

Trojan

Standing beside a tree, I happened to see a Brassy looking lass, wearing Seersucker, Drain Pipe pants whirling and dancing alone, to the Syncopated music that, with the back-up noise of Snare Drums, made for very a pleasant sounding rhythmic musical interlude for pedestrians passing by. This Smorgasbord of High Octane, energetic rhythmic music, had caught her attention, and like minded I, without further ado, hitched up my Gabardine pants, and joined her in her gyrations. All this took place outside the Moose Lodge of which I am a Member. I had been elected the Head Pooh-Bah once, but had handed over the Rod of Office many years ago, though I still remain a fully paid up Member today. When the musicians packed up we, that’s the two of us, without need for agreement, walked into the Lodge bar, and popped a Cork from a delightful bottle of Bubbly Champagne as we exchanged names etc.. Rhymer.

syncopated
seersucker
gabardine
smorgasbord
high octane
Member.
Rod
Underground
Graffiti
Moleskin

JustDaniel
post Oct 25 20, 20:21
Post #274

Ornate Oracle

gabardine
seersucker
moleskin
rod
underground
graffiti
high octane
syncopated
smorgasbord

I donned my GABARDINE raincoat over my SEERSUCKER suit, with a MOLESKIN patch on my foot, taking my ROD in hand I headed to the UNDERGROUND railroad, noting all the GRAFFITI on the cars. Getting on board it wondered what HIGH OCTANE fuel was used, since we started out so quickly, developing a SYNCOPATED bumpety-bump-bump all the way to the end of the line. Once in the city, I asked directions from one of the MEMBERs of the railway staff, and he directed me to the nearest SMORGASBORD for dinner.

rod
underground
graffiti
moleskin
tennis ball
badminton court
table tennis
quoits
horseshoes

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Oct 26 20, 07:55
Post #275

Trojan

Latest Chapter.

rod
underground
graffiti
moleskin
tennis ball
badminton court
table tennis
quoits
horseshoes

When I was the head Pooh-bah of the Moose Lodge, how well I remember the Moleskin covered case in which the Rod of Office was kept . Although it was not an Underground organisation, we did enact certain rituals on opening a meeting. Firstly any newly proposed Member, would go through a rigorous screening. Then details such as their interpretation of Graffiti that was kept in the book of Rules and Regulations. This had been incorporated at the original Lodge inception, being the ultimate test for those who sought Office. Originally our Lodge Chapter had been organised as a Charitable Club made up of folks from all walks of life, who enjoyed playing all manner of games. My forte was Table Tennis and Darts. Neither Horseshoes - a popular sport amongst the younger Members, nor Quoits enthused me. Although we as a club, did not own a Badminton Court,, Thursday evenings were kept exclusively for our Membership at the local courts. Once there had been talk of booking tennis courts in the same manner, but I doubt few of the members had even possessed a Tennis Ball, and the idea was soon dropped. However the original intention of the Membership was to help those who, through no fault of their own, had fallen on hard times. A very much needed cause, and the tenets of which we enact today. Rhymer.

tennis ball
badminton court
table tennis
quoits
horseshoes
Waterfall
Chain Link
Jewels
Asian
Charity.

JustDaniel
post Oct 26 20, 11:12
Post #276

Ornate Oracle

badminton court
horseshoe
quoits
table tennis
tennis ball
waterfall
chain link
Asian
charity
jewels

We have often had a makeshift BADMINTON COURT in our back yard, and we have a HORSESHOE pit in the front yard... where one could also play QUOITS, which we have available both in iron and hard rubber varieties. The wind in our yard it too great for us to put up a TABLE TENNIS set-up, and we don't have enough room in the house or basement. The only use we have for a TENNIS BALL is for hand exercise.

If our yard had the fish pond with a WATERFALL that I'd planned, we'd have had to put up a CHAIN LINK fence, both to keep out children and to keep IN the ASIAN koi, which are not available by CHARITY from pet stores. You rather have to give up a few JEWELS to buy them.

waterfall
chain link
jewels
Asian
charity
blackboard
laser
horn-rimmed glasses
pucker
bow tie

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Oct 26 20, 14:59
Post #277

Trojan

Our Pond, complete with waterfall, is home to 45 fish, including Asian Jewels - a variety of fish as I term them - safely kept from an almost daily visiting Heron, seen most mornings through my Horn-rimmed Glasses. I also have a Laser Light that’s activated by motion, to keep Kingfishers and Ospreys at bay as well as after-dark marauders. Lighting up the night they cause intruders to Pucker up their eyes and depart -Fast! Were it not for the Chain Link fence surrounding the pond, they could easily fall into its deep waters. A Charity collection box is attached under a nearby Blackboard, where I keep records of what fish inhabit the pond and the Charity to which proffered donations are given. From a nearby bench, I will sometimes practice my archery. With Bow and arrow, I take aim at a target hung on a nearby tree - Cedar - whilst all that is heard is the ‘twang’ of my bow releasing the arrow! A better deterrent than a gun, for its silent arrival can be very unnerving to an intruder. Rhymer.

charity
blackboard
laser
horn-rimmed glasses
pucker
Toad
Parsimonious
Urchins
Catchpole
Lawn Bowls.

JustDaniel
post Oct 28 20, 12:15
Post #278

Ornate Oracle

horn-rimmed glasses
charity
parsimonious
pucker
urchin
lawn bowls
laser
blackboard
toad
catchpole

Our neighbor with HORN-RIMMED GLASSES is not fond of CHARITY, being a bit PARSIMONIOUS, the kind who has to PUCKER every time he passes an URCHIN on his way to the place where he LAWN BOWLS, as they carried a little cup with which to beg a few coins for their supper. He writes notes to his computer with a LASER instead of using his BLACKBOARD. Yesterday I noticed that he attacked the TOAD in his pool, while he was there avoiding the visit of the sheriff's CATCHPOLE.

toad
parsimonious
urchins
catchpole
lawn bowls
confederation
filament
connoisseur
taxi driver
window shade

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Oct 28 20, 15:28
Post #279

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Rhymer @ Oct 28 20, 15:03 ) *
Early this morning as I parted the Window Shade, I noticed my Parsimonious Catchpole neighbor was leaving for his office. At least this was what I had thought, but on speaking with him later, on his return, he told me that it had been his turn to prepare the Lawn Bowls greens for a friendly game later, against a team from the Federation league of a neighboring town. As we chatted at the curbside, a couple of ragged Urchins sped by on roller blades until they, seeing a Toad crossing the road, veered across the road to save it from oncoming traffic. Fortunately traffic was light and the only car, a cruising Taxi Driver, stopped just in time to prevent a serious collision. Now I’m neither a Connoisseur of character nor behavior, but I must admit that their action, though dangerous, was commendable! Their lives had hung by a very slender Filament for a second or two, but Thanks to the swift reaction of the Taxi Driver, no one was hurt. Rhymer.

confederation
filament
connoisseur
taxi driver
window shade
palsy
terrier
ombudsman
carter
ravenous

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Oct 28 20, 15:43
Post #280

Ornate Oracle

ombudsman
confederation
taxi driver
palsy
filament
window shade
ravenous
carter
connoisseur
terrier

When the OMBUDSMAN of the CONFEDERATION of TAXI DRIVERs heard from Denis about the above incident, he got his organization together and awarded the driver, whom he discovered has a PALSY, their Heroism Award, a miniature taxi lit by a battery-operated FILAMENT. from inside, so that a WINDOW SHADE comes up and down, displaying the light.

He hosted a dinner for the RAVENOUS bunch, and he himself served as the CARTER of all of the food from table to table. Clearly not one of them was a CONNOISEUR of good food, but they all enjoyed the evening, and he gave much of the scrapings from the plates to his pet TERRIER, who rested beneath the tables between plates.

palsy
terrier
ombudsman
carter
ravenous
tenderloin
cinder track
hurdle
steam roller
dump truck

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 10:04

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: