Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Here's a few ideas to stir the muse from WritingFix.com.  :hsdance:

Why not give one or more of these a try?
Good luck!
~Cleo  :sun:

"Got muse?  A muse inspires you to write.  What natural object serves as a muse to you?  Write about someone seeing that object and being inspired to write."

"Where does it go?  Write about the journey a new writing ideas takes as it enters your brain."

"What does January feel like?  Write a poem or paragraph (or whatever) that explains your opinion of and emotions felt for the twelve different months of the year."

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 5 05, 02:57
Post #2

Thanks for this Lori.

On a similar theme...

I bought a book called "The Writer's Block" it is a cuboid of about two inches face by three inches depth (is that 5cm - sorry, I don't do metric). This one is for writers - there is a similar one for visual artists.

Each mini page is contains a written idea-prompt or a visual one. For example, (random, honest) one page is a photo from within the cab of a car as the driver drives into a lightening storm. Opposite is a written stimulus: "Take the reader on a car journey with the worst driver you've ever known." (Fran and Nina are NOT allowed to do that one, after I gave them a lift to the MM gathering t'other day!)

The book is printed (of course!) in PRC so I assume is internationally available. It claims to have "786" ideas in - looks more to me.

Price: UK £7, US $10, Canada $15 (sorry, only those are printed on the back).

ISBN: 0-7624-0948-7

The Writer's Block webpage - click here

(By the way, it promos the book as one for novelists. Not a bit of it - this is equally (or maybe more) suited to poets. I'd say everyone on MM would be wise to consider it - and no, I'm not on commission!

I'd recommend this - though I haven't used it yet but have scanned it and when my muse goes on holiday, I shall resort to it.

J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 5 05, 05:13
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Thanks James!  :wizard2:

I'm always on the lookout for new 'challenge ideas', so I will look for this book locally at our Borders (there's always Amazon.com too)!  :pharoah2

Have you seen the latest Pandora yet?  :medusa:  :viking: I've followed a similar theme over there for October....

I am also thinking of posting a random challenge there for All Hallows Eve soon....  :ghostface:  :alien: devil.gif

Cheers!  :cheer:

~Cleo  :pinkpanther:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 5 05, 07:22
Post #4

Hi Lori, et al...

I haven't been to visit Pandora this month (Oct) but i shall. Thanks for the prompt!

"All Hallows" sounds so much better than "Halloween" - more mystical somehow. Interesting!

J.

Guest_Nina_*
post Oct 5 05, 11:40
Post #5

hi Lori, James

some interesting ideas for helping unblock the writer's blocked sink, definitely worth thinking about if one is struggling.

James -  "Take the reader on a car journey with the worst driver you've ever known." (Fran and Nina are NOT allowed to do that one, after I gave them a lift to the MM gathering t'other day!)

As if we'd mention to everyone, your rally style driving, burning rubber along the dual carriage way, weaving past cars at break-neck speed, overtaking on both sides, doing 100mph in a 60 mph speed limit, taking bends on two wheels instead of four.  You gave that poor police car quite a run for his money, such a shame his brand new focus crashed into the central reservation.  As my husband is always saying - the safest car to drive is a Volvo.

Nina

Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 5 05, 11:43
Post #6

Hi Nina,

ROFL! I hoped you hadn't noticed.

Though, of course, we were rear-ended (true!) in the city streets by an over-eager driver. We sent Fran out to duff her up and she reversed (almost into the car behind her) then. Very scarey! Well done Fran.

J.

Guest_Nina_*
post Oct 5 05, 17:25
Post #7

Hi J

>J>though, of course, we were rear-ended (true!) in the city streets by an over-eager driver. We sent Fran out to duff her up and she reversed (almost into the car behind her) then. Very scarey! Well done Fran

ah yes Fran did us proud.  she was at her most intimidating, you could see the other driver quaking in her shoes as Fran towered over her.  No wonder she reversed so hurriedly.

Nina

Guest_Toumai_*
post Oct 5 05, 17:44
Post #8

ghostface.gif  :medusa:  :zombie:  :bat:  :gimli:  :pumpkin:  :alien:

Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 5 05, 19:54
Post #9

:)

OK everyone - now write!

J.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 18:08

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: