post Sep 2 05, 10:25
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Update: Here is the OVERLAY page I just completed. It can serve as a start for discussion. As a design idea, I took some elements from a few different sites, while maintaining the forum board's look and feel. Trust me, it's ALL HTML hand-coded by the Cleo.  wave.gif

Please let me know what you think...  Wizard.gif  vic.gif

Click HERE to view this alternative forum entry page (in draft)...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Navigation concerns:

I cannot think of any other ways to make MM simplier to navigate, other than to design an over-lay optional page. Each forum board itself will look and feel the same once you are in the actual forum.

To navigate around MM today, we have the following informtation:
[*]Category links: Will direct you to that section of the forum, e.g. For the Poet in You.
[*]Forum links: Will direct you t that specific area of writing on the board, e.g. Seren's Synapse, our freeform poetry for critique area.
[*]The Team List link to contact the staff (near board stats).
[*]The "Contact US" form on the home page. Here is the link as well.
[*]The current forum board display (restictions by Ikonboard out of my design control)  with descriptions of what is inside each forum.
[*]The written site map (link at top of page and on home page) with a link back to the home page Here.
[*]The graphical index site map here.
[*]The 'send message' buttons/links in each post to PM a member.

Your ideas are welcome to assist with ideas.
TY!
~Cleo  :block:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Cleo_Serapis   Navigating at MM   Sep 2 05, 10:25
- - Jox   Hi Lori, On the navigation issue, yes we have a f...   Sep 2 05, 13:40
- - Cleo_Serapis   It's not the ikonboard interface, it's simply a .c...   Sep 2 05, 19:19
- - Arnfinn   Hi James, Waitrose Supermarket The babies look ...   Sep 3 05, 01:00
- - Nina   Thanks for the links Lori I still think they look...   Sep 3 05, 01:36
- - Toumai   Hey, a 3 for 2 deal on babies? Cute! Are mine ...   Sep 3 05, 02:34
- - Jox   Hi Arn, Fran, Waitrose are very obliging and I...   Sep 3 05, 02:58
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Nina @ Sep. 03 2005, 02:36)Thanks for ...   Sep 3 05, 06:48
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Toumai @ Sep. 03 2005, 03:34)MM is by ...   Sep 3 05, 06:59
- - Cleo_Serapis   OK guys and gals. HONEST feedback please. I've b...   Sep 3 05, 16:42
- - Jox   Hi Lori, 1. I think you're mad - I said you d...   Sep 3 05, 17:07
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hello James! Thanks for replying so quickly! Wel...   Sep 3 05, 18:34
- - Perrorist   I like the alternative (not alternate) web page bu...   Sep 3 05, 19:10
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Perrorist @ Sep. 03 2005, 20:10)I like...   Sep 3 05, 19:17
- - Arnfinn   Hi Everybody Well the click a picture, instant a...   Sep 3 05, 23:17
- - Nina   Hi Lori Well done with all your hard work on the ...   Sep 4 05, 00:22
- - Toumai   Hi Lori, Wow - it looks stunning! Well done...   Sep 4 05, 00:29
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Arnfinn @ Sep. 04 2005, 00:17)Hi Every...   Sep 4 05, 06:16
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Nina @ Sep. 04 2005, 01:22)Hi Lori We...   Sep 4 05, 06:27
- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (Toumai @ Sep. 04 2005, 01:29)Hi Lori, ...   Sep 4 05, 06:29
- - Cleo_Serapis   There is a BUG in the AURORA skin with this forum ...   Sep 4 05, 06:58
- - Jox   Reporting: From the new nav page being developed, ...   Sep 4 05, 07:09
- - Cleo_Serapis   All skins are fine now with this newest change to ...   Sep 4 05, 07:44
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi all. I've made a few tweaks to this alternativ...   Sep 4 05, 08:14
- - Don   I am not going to be much real help. First questi...   Sep 4 05, 15:01
- - Arnfinn   Hi Don has a few strong views on the subject, whi...   Sep 5 05, 01:42
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Don and John (Arnie).   Don - Glad to see you...   Sep 5 05, 06:12
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi all. I've moved all 104 posts (and their repl...   Sep 5 05, 06:38
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi everyone. As you like it: I've re-arranged ...   Sep 5 05, 07:50
- - Don   QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Sep. 05 2005, 07:12)Hi ...   Sep 5 05, 11:55
- - Jox   Hi Don, Great to see you! Hope you're fee...   Sep 5 05, 12:32
- - Don   Thanks Jox, Your explanations hint at more than I...   Sep 5 05, 13:21

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:38

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: