Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oh No!  Not Mary!, Hi everyone!
Guest_Maryellen_*
post Dec 5 05, 18:42
Post #1

Okay

I have to be silly when breaking the ice, if not I slip and fall on my backside.

My name is Maryellen but I go by Mary...

Lori and I go way back and I just recently found time to be able to dedicate some time to reading and commenting on another poetry site.

I've been enjoying a few challenges here on MM as well as the Short Prose forum where I hope to become a regular poster as time allows.

I live in the mountains of western NC and enjoy writing in all forms.

I appreciate critical comments on my writing and a interpretations makes my day too.

I am an editor, so if I get too noisy in my comments to you, feel free to tone me down a wee bit with a slight whack on the side of the head with a virtual 2 x 4

Greetings all,

I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Mary

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
AMETHYST
post Dec 5 05, 20:09
Post #2

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hi Mary,

Welcome to Mosaic Musings. I guarentee you will find the forums a home away from home. I recently pulled out some old short stories and novelettes I had been working on many years ago. Yes, the dust is thick and the edges on the torn out notebook sheets are browning and curling, but what they hey... the story still seems worth the effort. The say, put aside your work for a long time before pulling it out again in order to get a better idea if it is well worth it.  :cheer:

I look forward to reading your work. I spend more time in the poetry forums, but I plan on demanind myself more reading of prose and hopefull, getting my own work polished. :)

Glad to have you aboard and I know you will feel like your part of the family in no time.

Best Wishes, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Dec 6 05, 01:09
Post #3

Hi Mary

A warm welcome to MM.  I'm glad you have found the time to come on here to read and comment.  I look forward to interacting with you, getting to know you better and offering some of my interpretations on your poetry.

I love your avatar by the way.

take care

Nina

Guest_Maryellen_*
post Dec 6 05, 01:18
Post #4

Liz

Thank you for the warm welcome to MM

and I do the same thing, tuck my writing away for an extended period of time and then come back to it.  My only downfall in doing that is that my voice changes so much that I almost have to do a complete rewrite.  *smile*

Mary

Guest_Maryellen_*
post Dec 6 05, 01:21
Post #5

Nina

I have enjoyed reading your work in the short time I have been here and look forward to reading more and getting to know you better.

I'm tickled pink to hear that you love my avatar!

It is an old poloroid picture of me that I played with on the computer to make it look more like a hand painted portrait.  

I'm thinking of using it on the cover of my next chapbook which I plan to call  "To Slip Beyond the Artist's Brush"

Mary

Blank_Canvas
post Dec 6 05, 12:08
Post #6

Greek

Member No.: 15
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Hi Mary !
   Nice to see you here. I am about to go over to your place and spend a little time. My computer is down and I managed to get the use of a friend's this morning for a short time. Gotta see what is happening in my 2 little alternate worlds. ~laugh~ How I have missed everyone and the everyday events ! Hope to be back among you soon !
                             Marcia sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Guest_Maryellen_*
post Dec 6 05, 12:32
Post #7

Hi Marcia

I wondered what happened to you...  

I hope your computer problems are fixed soon.  They are so nerve-racking... and in my opinion, computer withdrawls are the worst.  *smile*

It's good to see you and know that you are okay, just going through some technical difficulties at the moment.

Stop by PV when you can, and you'll see me here on MM more these days now too!

Mary

Guest_Nina_*
post Dec 6 05, 13:06
Post #8

Hi Mary

Is Poetic voices your site?

Nina

Guest_circumsolar_*
post Dec 8 05, 06:27
Post #9

mary, mary, quite contrary - greetings from london and looking forward to reading your posts

Reindeer.gif

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 8 05, 12:13
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello Mary and a warm WELCOME TO MM! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

I'm glad to see you here and am looking forward to collaborating with you on critiques and all things novel! Read.gif

Welcome.
~Cleo  :pharoah2

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Morgan le Fay
post Dec 17 05, 22:14
Post #11

Assyrian

Member No.: 20

Hi there Mary!

Welcome!!  So good to see you here at MM.  I occasionally lurk at your site, "Poetic Voices".  Always enjoying reading your work. {{hugs}}

You may remember me from PK and PT?  I was known as 'Belladonna', or Bella on both sites.

Looking forward to seeing you around MM.  dance.gif  Take care and have a wonderful Christmas!

Toodles,
Chris  Wizard.gif

·······IPB·······

"...Morgan le Fay was not married, but put to school in a nunnery, where she became a great mistress of magic."

- ?Mallory, Morte d'Arthur

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Dec 18 05, 12:20
Post #12

Good wishes Maryellen.

Glad to have it clarified, or rather verified, you post on and are a big cheese at Poetic Voices. I wandered over there a few times encouraged by JustDaniel being active there. Like JD, PV is warm and inviting.

Several years past I thoroughly enjoyed living in the Virginia/Tennessee area of our eastern mountain range.  Single at the time allowed me to roam the area a lot.  I was imported to supposedly technically upgrade the Tennessee Valley communities.  Another federal program fiddling around in someone else's business.  Do you write about the mountain lore?

I shall be looking for your work by name.

Don

Nefertiti
post Dec 26 05, 19:57
Post #13

Assyrian

Member No.: 11

Hey Mary!

Welcome!  Sorry to be so tardy with this.  It's that time of year! lol!  How exciting to have an editor here!  I'm looking forward to your noise!  :D

See ya 'round!
Nef
aka
Beth

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:05

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: