Post #2

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Jerry!
I'm back...and sadly admiring your protest verses due to the devastation of bonny lands of yore.
Let me make one or two nits, to TorT, of course!

QUOTE (jerryk @ Jun 14 14, 11:28 ) *
Urban Sprawl

Flocks of snowbirds,
drawn by sunshine
arrive each autumn;
vanished has my bridle path. <<<<< seems to me that reversal of preposition sticks out like a sore thumb here...LOL... Also, the whole line might fit in better somewhere else, as in the next S.

Black diesel exhaust;
I gasp as construction trucks
thunder along the canal
where I once rode horses. <<<<<<< Powerful S, I'd feel the same.

Uncontrollable sprawl
changed desert landscape <<<<<<<There's so much hidden beauty in desert landscapes...all sorts of creatures rustling dry bushlands, oh my!

into heat-retaining seas of concrete,
asphalt ribbons, glistening
glass structures loom; <<<<<< Exactly. Reason for great floods as rain water cannot be absorbed, sometimes rushing over from greener pastures. So sad.
winter homes
for baby boomers
tired of shoveling snow.

Air-conditioning
saves me from suffocating
in stirred up desert dust
loaded with Valley Fever
coccidioides.<<<<< Had to look this up! It's from a type of mushroom. Tx for teaching me! I suppose there must be similar ones in Argentine Patagonia, where I live...

“Growth equals progress”
says my councilman; friend
of greedy developers.

“And new revenue.” <<<<< Naah, the man's got it all wrong. Money comes and goes, sooner than later. Whereas felicity should be the new norm to "measure", plus moral values and spirituality, methinks.

I like your poem very much, Jerry. Must remember to post some of my own protest verses. We're near the tipping point, where it'll all become irreversible. Even if climate change is a natural, cyclic phenomenom, the damage humanity is doing is scary, so obviously ruinous.

Hey, I only had one nit, to TorT.
Cheers, Syl*** aka Psyche

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
jerryk
post Jun 25 14, 09:33
Post #3

Egyptian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 4,480
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Hi Sylvia;
I hope you are well? All in all, I think you treated my rant rather kindly, lol. I really don't like to write of things that bother me, and in this write, I feel that my poem is exactly that: a rant. By the way, I removed the line that stood out like a bandaged thumb, lol. "Where I once rode horses" takes place of that now deleted phrase. BTW, we haven't had a measurable rainfall in over three months, but when it comes, there will be hell to pay. grinning.gif Coccidiodes is the infectious fungal disease that's called Valley Fever. Developers disturb the soil that carries the fungus. It's a serious disease that requires long-term treatment.
Thank you for your detailed comment, Sylvia. charliebrown.gif
Jerry

QUOTE (Psyche @ Jun 24 14, 22:08 ) *
Hi Jerry!
I'm back...and sadly admiring your protest verses due to the devastation of bonny lands of yore.
Let me make one or two nits, to TorT, of course!

QUOTE (jerryk @ Jun 14 14, 11:28 ) *
Urban Sprawl

Flocks of snowbirds,
drawn by sunshine
arrive each autumn;
vanished has my bridle path. <<<<< seems to me that reversal of preposition sticks out like a sore thumb here...LOL... Also, the whole line might fit in better somewhere else, as in the next S.

Black diesel exhaust;
I gasp as construction trucks
thunder along the canal
where I once rode horses. <<<<<<< Powerful S, I'd feel the same.

Uncontrollable sprawl
changed desert landscape <<<<<<<There's so much hidden beauty in desert landscapes...all sorts of creatures rustling dry bushlands, oh my!

into heat-retaining seas of concrete,
asphalt ribbons, glistening
glass structures loom; <<<<<< Exactly. Reason for great floods as rain water cannot be absorbed, sometimes rushing over from greener pastures. So sad.
winter homes
for baby boomers
tired of shoveling snow.

Air-conditioning
saves me from suffocating
in stirred up desert dust
loaded with Valley Fever
coccidioides.<<<<< Had to look this up! It's from a type of mushroom. Tx for teaching me! I suppose there must be similar ones in Argentine Patagonia, where I live...

“Growth equals progress”
says my councilman; friend
of greedy developers.

“And new revenue.” <<<<< Naah, the man's got it all wrong. Money comes and goes, sooner than later. Whereas felicity should be the new norm to "measure", plus moral values and spirituality, methinks.

I like your poem very much, Jerry. Must remember to post some of my own protest verses. We're near the tipping point, where it'll all become irreversible. Even if climate change is a natural, cyclic phenomenom, the damage humanity is doing is scary, so obviously ruinous.

Hey, I only had one nit, to TorT.
Cheers, Syl*** aka Psyche

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:08

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: