Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Congratulations on your Gold placement! dance.gif

You have risen up, drank from the Well of Wisdom and have been crowned the ‘bringer of victory’! rose.gif champagne.gif

Well done!
:pharoah2

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Morgan le Fay
post Jan 16 06, 01:01
Post #2

Assyrian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 20
Writer of: Poetry

The Song Of Mistress La Lash

Come over here and kiss me.
Slide your fingers through my hair.
Look into my eyes and say
how much you really care

Wrap your arms around me; trail
your hands along my spine,
brush your silky lips upon each
eye and tell me I'm sublime.

Let me feel you quiver, as
I'm held in your embrace, then
drop upon one knee and say,
you've finally learned your place.

When you have pleased my passions,
and shown me your respect,
I'll reward your meager efforts
with the treat that you expect.

I'll give you what you really want,
the pleasure mixed with pain... .
But the truth of your humility will
bring me wealth and fame.

There are many like you, who
keep secret their desires.
They all come to have me fan,
those smokey hidden fires.

They come here domineering,
but I teach them to submit, and
when they finally leave me, they
have a smile upon their lips.

When next you come to visit, know
that your secrets I will keep.
Just put some money by the lash,
and place a kiss upon my feet.

·······IPB·······

"...Morgan le Fay was not married, but put to school in a nunnery, where she became a great mistress of magic."

- ?Mallory, Morte d'Arthur

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 16 06, 06:43
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Thank you for your entry into Odin's Opposition!  :troy:

Perhaps you’ll rise up, drink from the Well of Wisdom and be crowned the ‘bringer of victory’?

Best of luck in the battle!  :vic:

~Mosaic Musings Staff knight.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Morgan le Fay
post Feb 12 06, 13:21
Post #4

Assyrian

Hi everybody,

Thank You for selecting, " The Song Of Mistress La Lash", for the Gold Award in Odin's Opposition 2!  I'm very honored to have had my poem selected for this award.  This is so COOL!  

Thank you so much to Lori, and all the staff here at MM.  I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of all the talented folks who participate here at this wonderful forum of expression and fellowship.

Also a big congratulations to Sylvia for her Silver and Bronze award!  Hey gal, you got two!   hsdance.gif    And to Cynthia and Cathy, congratulations on your Merrit awards!    dance.gif

I enjoyed reading all of the entries and know that it must have been very hard to choose between them.  All were wonderful and worthy of an award.  

Thanks again folks, and again Congratulations to all the participants of Odin's #2.  goodjob.gif

Best regards,
Chris    Wizard.gif

·······IPB·······

"...Morgan le Fay was not married, but put to school in a nunnery, where she became a great mistress of magic."

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Feb 12 06, 17:34
Post #5

Congratulations Chris!  

I truly enjoyed the poem, it had just a touch of humor and the rhythm is great ... kinda sing-songy!  It's a well deserved award!

Cathy rose.gif  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:  :rose:

Cyn
post Feb 12 06, 19:04
Post #6

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 145

This poem has such an incredible surprise ending, it truly made me gasp and giggle, well done Chris.

·······IPB·······

Cynthia Neely

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Feb 13 06, 09:54
Post #7

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Congrats, Chris, on this wonderful poem ! Great rhythm and deftly handled humor, makes one think...  :wizard:  as well as smile !!

Well-deserved Gold Plaque !!

Hugs,
Sylvia  :cloud9:

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Feb 15 06, 18:39
Post #8

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

CONGRATULATIONS CHRIS...

I remembered this poem on Poemkingdom and I loved it then and loved it now. A poem well worth the win. Congratulations!

Best wishes, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Morgan le Fay
post Feb 22 06, 13:56
Post #9

Assyrian

Hi Ladies!

Thanks so much to all of you for popping in and offering your congratulations.  I really appreciate all of your comments and warm wishes.  :lovie:

Yes, this poem was written with a poster from PK in mind. LOL!  Liz, Cathy, do you remember a poster by the name of 'Claw'?  He was always joking around about wearing a French Maid costume, and one day surprised us all by saying that he was changing into his Mistress La Lash costume.  At the time, it really tickled my funny bone and my muse, so this poem was the result of that.  I had a great deal of fun writing it and glad that it brought a smile to everyone.  I never did find out if Claw had ever read it, or not?  Also posted it here several years ago, in response to Arnfin's, "A Bawdy Night At Camelot".   Jester.gif

Thanks again everyone.  I feel very honored to have won this award.  :king:

Hugs,
Chris  :wizard:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 00:37

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: