Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question for the staff, on posting
Guest_Rosemerta_*
post Jul 1 07, 14:58
Post #1

Hi all! wave.gif

First of all, I was thrilled when I stumbled into Shogun's Psalms. Is this something new or have I just been missing it all along? Either way, it is nice to see a home for the shorter works.

However, I do have a question concerning this. Some time ago I wrote a collection (two actually) of 5 Senryu poems that are meant to be read together. I didn't know if they could be posted here or should they go elsewhere? I suppose they could be posted seperately but I would rather leave them together.

Thanks in advance for your response!

~~Jackie

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
JustDaniel
post Jul 1 07, 15:24
Post #2

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Please allow me to piggy-back on Jackie's question. I have another quetion re this forum. I am quite sure I know the answer, but wanted to help avoid any new member's possible confusion.

In the forum's instruction, this phrase: one poem per topic could be taken a number of ways, and I can just see someone coming into this forum and posting, say 8 replies and then posting

a tanka
a septolet
a lanturne
a haiku

thinking that that would constitute four topics, allowed by the 8 replies, realizing that s/he'd have to wait two days to post another on any of those topics.

I'm pretty certain you didn't mean it that way, but I almost took it that way myself; it was only further caution regarding doing so that helped me to see that it was not your intent.

poLitely offering a suggestion re possible re-wording, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 1 07, 16:08
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Jackie.

We opened this forum on May 26th, so it is very new.

ANY topic posted here cannot exceed 7 lines total, so unfortunately, you'd have to post your Senryu collection in Herme's Homilies if you don't wish to split it up into individual poems. We posted a rule in the forum description to post one poem per topic. If the form calls for 3 lines (as Senryu does), then the new topic must contain only 3 lines.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Lori

QUOTE (Rosemerta @ Jul 1 07, 15:58 ) *
Hi all! wave.gif

First of all, I was thrilled when I stumbled into Shogun's Psalms. Is this something new or have I just been missing it all along? Either way, it is nice to see a home for the shorter works.

However, I do have a question concerning this. Some time ago I wrote a collection (two actually) of 5 Senryu poems that are meant to be read together. I didn't know if they could be posted here or should they go elsewhere? I suppose they could be posted seperately but I would rather leave them together.

Thanks in advance for your response!

~~Jackie

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jul 1 07, 16:16
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Daniel.

As mentioned in the forum description, members may only post ONE poem here every other day provided they also give the required 2 crits to other members' works. It's exactly the SAME posting rule as Herme's, Seren's and Plato's. It should be clear as there is NO variation in this new forum. A person could in theory very well post 8 replies, BUT they can only post ONE poem, then wait 2 days, then another and wait 2 mroe days and so on. There should be NO variation to the rules just because this forum is for shorter works. It's exactly the same. Member X posts a haiku today followed by 2 replies. They cannot post another new topic for 2 days, if they did, we would simply lock it/them until the posting rule has been satisfied.

ONE poem per topic simply means do not post 6 senryu in your post and label it as 'one poem'. Whatever form is posted here cannot exceed 7 lines and must be posted as the form's parameters require, so a haiku of 3 lines, a cinquain of 5 - etc... no mirror cinquains or haiku collections etc... at this time can be worked into one topic...

Thank you!
Lori

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Jul 1 07, 16:24 ) *
Please allow me to piggy-back on Jackie's question. I have another quetion re this forum. I am quite sure I know the answer, but wanted to help avoid any new member's possible confusion.

In the forum's instruction, this phrase: one poem per topic could be taken a number of ways, and I can just see someone coming into this forum and posting, say 8 replies and then posting

a tanka
a septolet
a lanturne
a haiku

thinking that that would constitute four topics, allowed by the 8 replies, realizing that s/he'd have to wait two days to post another on any of those topics.

I'm pretty certain you didn't mean it that way, but I almost took it that way myself; it was only further caution regarding doing so that helped me to see that it was not your intent.

poLitely offering a suggestion re possible re-wording, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:51

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: