Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is it time for the 10 questions?, You tell me.....
Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 26 03, 20:19
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hey..... Newbie.gif

I think it's time for the 10 questions we all wanna know!  :dance:

Here goes:
[*]What is your favorite food?
[*]What is your favorite hobby?
[*]What is your favorite movie of all time?
[*]Who is your favorite writer?
[*]What is your favorite book?
[*]Who do you most admire (and why)?
[*]What is your favorite quote/saying/words of wisdom?
[*]What drives you to write?
[*]Have you ever been published?
[*]If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Thanks in advance everyone!
Cheers! sun.gif
~Cleo  :pharoah:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Nefertiti
post Aug 26 03, 20:29
Post #2

Assyrian

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 11
Writer of: Poetry

Hey Cleo!

I got nuttin' to hide!  I'll bite!  Here goes!!!

1. DUH!!!! CHOCOLATE!!!!

2.  DUH!!! Eating CHOCOLATE!!!

3.  Oooh, that's tough!  Super Yikers!  Just one?  Oh boy!  Hmmmm, lemme see, um, I guess I'd have to say "Amedeus." (I have a Salieri complex.)

4.  Why, myself, of course!

5.  Don't laugh - The Anne of Green Gables Series by L.M. Montgomery

6.  Myself because of my extreme beauty and ultimate power!

7.  Everything happens for a reason.

8.  My pen!!! Just kidding!  A Supreme Being who ain't gonna let me off the hook that easily!!!

9.  Hey, does the 9th Grade poetry book count?  Or Poetry.Com's stupid books?  I was an editor in Junior High and wrote for the school paper.  Does that count?  Um, won a song writing competition in college but didn't get published.  Well, although not professionally, I guess the answer would be "yes."

10.  Dang!  Only 1 thing?  Well, I would have to honestly say, it would be my NOSE!  Hate it!  Always have!  I've been asked how I broke it and I never did!  Boo-hoo!  (Oh, the sheer vanity of it all!!!!)  Oh wait!  Maybe I should have answered that I wish I could change my extreme negativity combined with my total serious nature.  Nope.  Nose wins!

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Charon
post Aug 26 03, 20:46
Post #3

Egyptian

Member No.: 5

And now on with the Hun --

What is your favorite food?

My wife's homemade spagetti, sauce, meatballs and sausage.

What is your favorite hobby?

Writting and laughing.

What is your favorite movie of all time?

Dr. Zhivago

Who is your favorite writer?

Was Stephen King and Stephen Donaldson, but it is now changing to Terry Goodkind.

What is your favorite book?

Misery

Who do you most admire (and why)?

Ghandi - a small man who accomplished so much without violence, money or power.

What is your favorite quote/saying/words of wisdom?

You have to go after inspiration with a club.  - Jack London

What drives you to write?

The joy of sharing my dreams.

Have you ever been published?

Yes - twice so far - Snowflake in a Senior Citizen Newsletter, and Class of '66, on my High School's web site.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Eaten better when I was younger.  After surviving a CBAG I have learned to appreciate other foods besides hamburger and steak.

McDonalds, BK, LJS, KFC, Taco Bell, Taco John, Runza, Arby's, Wendy's all should be baned from face of the earth.  Bad, bad, bad - now sit BooBoo.

Sorry, got carried away there.  I apologize for any and all misspellings.

AtH troy.gif

·······IPB·······

Beware the smile
for it hides a good time.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 26 03, 20:53
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

AWESOME you two!

WOW - you replied so fast!!

I'm going to lend a lil' mystique on my answers.... HEY, I'm pretty good at ASKING you guys and gals stuff, but do I HAVE to answer too?  JackBox.gif  Idea.gif  Viking.gif  Cowboy.gif  grinning.gif  oops.gif

It's nice to find out more about ourselves..... may we all learn something new in the process.....

So let it be written...so let it be done!

Hugaroooooooos.
~Cleo  :pharoah2

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Zeus²_*
post Aug 26 03, 21:19
Post #5

this is all given under oath:

Lets just say I hate liver, lamb, and bitter veggies

used to listen to music, all kinds, from way back with the big bands, to opera, some of this stuff today turns me off

Godfather, and Goodfellas

Robert Ruark, from way back, a journalist and novelist

read lots of great ones, no favorites

some of the old time athletes, played with pain, no excuses

Here comes the chocolate cake

started as a whim, then got to be fun

moi?????

be 25 years younger huh.gif  Read.gif  Cowboy.gif  Juggle.gif  Jester.gif

Guest_Don_*
post Aug 30 03, 17:33
Post #6

Tsk, tsk, Cleo,

Here goes:  Believe it or not.

What is your favorite food?   Ambrosia

What is your favorite hobby?  Admiring Aphrodite

What is your favorite movie of all time?     "The Brothers Karamosov"

Who is your favorite writer?   Dostoyevsky

What is your favorite book?   "The Brothers Karamosov"

Who do you most admire (and why)?  Aphrodite because I already told you.

What is your favorite quote/saying/words of wisdom?  You also shall go away.

What drives you to write?   Price of petrol.

Yes, and it is highly overrated.  Maybe I was overrated?
    Similar to personal patents, they seldom matter much.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?   I'd be immortal

Cheers! Have another drink on the house!

Am I hired or what?

Don

AMETHYST
post Sep 1 03, 07:37
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Oh goodness... does it need to be only one answer...   :O Well Let's see what I can come up with...  Wall.gif  detective.gif

Chicken (anyway, anytime...) Burgers, mexican food, liver with onions, (On the nights I have liver, Larry can have bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwiches like my mother use to make my brother...Be happy you're fed!talktohand.gif) I love egg salad sandwiches (I guess that takes us back to the chicken..) Hmmm, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches... I will be back the list goes on...  Speechless.gif

Let's see it use to be reading...or playing catch, bowling, playing pool, writing, horses, painting... now... I love to sleep! wink.gif

Love Story (the original) While you were sleeping, Chitty, Chitty Bang, Bang, The wizard of oz, oh... there is a few more...

Stephen King

I have either too many, or none... :)

My Mother, for the same reasons that Larry admires old athletes, she went through lots of pain and hardships and never complained...She was a woman of true heart and conviction!

Are we there yet? Nothing comes to mind right now, so that will have to do.. :)

Lately?... Boredom... oops.gif

Yes, when I 14 a poem in a local newspaper, and 2 short stories in magazines... and, 2 poems in anthologies (which don't count because they were from The Library of Poetry which is a fraud.  blush21.gif

I would be less fool-hearted and more self concerned...

Ok that's me!  dunce.gif

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 9 03, 06:13
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Turkey with all the fixins!  pilgrim.gif YUMMY!  Speechless.gif

Hmmmmmm - reading and writing!  indie.gif

I have three - Cleopatra, Ben-Hur and The Day the Earth Stood Still... lovie.gif

Depends on Genra: Sci-Fi would be Piers Anthony, Romance would be Jude Devereaux, Fantasy is JRR Tolkien, Fiction is Wilbur Smith. Read.gif

'Isle of Woman' by Piers Anthony followed by 'River God' by Wilbur Smith  Read.gif

Mom!  cloud9.gif She has taught me many things, values, virtue, stamina, politeness...too many to name! A more famous person would be Ghandi.... smart.gif

"By knowing one reaches belief. By doing one gains conviction. When you know, dare." - Ancient Egyptian Proverb  cloud9.gif

Observations on Life, from television to newsprint to working and having fun!  Juggle.gif

Recently, yes, in a Shadow Poetry chapbook, "Array of Triolet".  :)

How I plan my days and evenings - time management and getting healthier, both in mind and body.  StarWars1.gif  dance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Sep 9 03, 20:29
Post #9

Greek

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Aug. 26 2003, 20:19)
[*]What is your favorite food? vegetable soups
[*]What is your favorite hobby? reading
[*]What is your favorite movie of all time? love comedies, in particular....love old Spencer Tracy films.....I guess either Father of the Bride, or Guess Who's Coming To Dinner.
[*]Who is your favorite writer? ohh that's a toughie cuz I read a wide variety....again humor is a favorite genre, so Erma Bombeck, Patrick Mcmanus, and the list goes on...
[*]What is your favorite book? my many volumes of poetry
[*]Who do you most admire (and why)? my father. He first lived with MS for 30 years, then cancer.....he never lost his sense of humor, his smile, or his loving character.
[*]What is your favorite quote/saying/words of wisdom? see my signature below....that's a particular favorite of mine.
[*]What drives you to write?  my need to create, I guess.....that's why I like crafting, cooking, painting and writing
[*]Have you ever been published?a few hs newspapers and magazines....and an anthology which I knew was a scam, but I wanted a copy for my sons. Nothing notable, but I am not seeking publication.
[*]If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? as Lori said, a healthier and less stressful lifestyle

These are my responses.....

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Sep 9 03, 21:04
Post #10

What is your favourite food?
Smoked Salmon, quails' eggs, beetroot, raspberries, mangoes, and almost anything with real ale or scrumpy!

What is your favourite hobby?
My partner and I, plus our three dogs, watching village cricket on a beautiful village cricket pitch on a warm sunny day with a pint of real ale in hand. At the same time having an earpiece in, listening to the BBC's "Test Match Special" where Henry Blowfelt is commentating on the Fifth Ashes Test of the summer with England set to win both the match and the Series! (Though the dogs do have problems holding their glasses).

[For the uninitiated: The Ashes is the series of five cricket matches - each of up to five days, held every other year between Australia and England. As the Aussies are the World's No1 and, until recently, England has had many bad years in cricket, this scenario would be wonderful. Oh, yes, and cricket is really the only sport the planet needs - we could easily scrap everything else.]

What is your favourite movie of all time?
I like comparatively few films but of all I think the answer must be: "Harvey" about a six-feet tall invisible white rabbit. Starred James Stewart as Elwood P Daoud (spelling unsure) and Harvey, as himself. I have to make honourable mentions of a few other almost equals... "Sink The Bismarck"; Star Wars" IV (original); "Kind Hearts and Coronets"; "The Meaning of life" (Python); "The Cruel Sea"; "Battle of Britain"; etc

Who is your favourite writer?
Playwright & Overall Favourite: William Shakespeare
Poet (apart from Shakespeare): Wilfred Owen
Novelist: John LeCarre
Political Writer: Matthew Parris

What is your favourite book?
The Complete Works of Shakespeare
Novel: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John LeCarre.

Mustardseed, my late dog. She mothered me and one could not hope for a better friend. She gave everything and asked little. She was courageous and intelligent. Her only fault was that she hated anyone and anything outside the pack. I have never met a human being with more than half her qualities and I doubt I have a quarter.

What is your favourite quote/saying/words of wisdom?
I like quotes but I have never seen one which encompasses everything - so different quotations for different circumstances. However, if pushed, I suppose Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech sums up much of the human condition.

My Volvo estate quite often if I go out and about. Ok, to be serious...
I suppose that character or scenarios enter my head and I have to write about them to see what happens (as no one else can tell me). As the late Tommy Cooper (The tall, fez-wearing magician/comedian) said when telling a joke, "Sssh! I want to listen - I've not heard this one!"

Yes but only in magazines. My main ambition is to have novels published. Honourable mentions for poetry would also be most satisfying. I do not like short stories (satire excepted) - though I do try to write some.

Just one thing is not worth the effort. Now, if I could change all 357 things.... Alternatively, I would love to open the batting for England against the Australians and score a century. Dreams...!

Guest_Artemis_*
post Sep 14 03, 21:55
Post #11

Here goes:

Chocolate Chip blizzards from Dairy Queen.. fresh black cherries... JamaicanSteak at Hops... and most of all, GREEN BEANS, cooked slow.

what is your favorite hobby?
I would say riding, but that's more than a hobby to me now.. reading, writing poetry....

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Orson Scott Card

I'd have to say Atlas Shrugged, same as my dad's was. I have not re-read it in a long time, though, because it's coming far too 'true'.  

Techumseh.. because he tried to unite scattered tribes
Colin Powell.. another man of great integrity!
Mother Theresa.. for her kindness and her bravery
St Francis of Assissi

Who is John Galt? (ayn rand)
The Serenity Prayer (St Francis, I think)

the words come, and feel to precious to be lost inside my head.. writing helps me order my own thoughts and feelings.. and create either beauty, anger, ugliness, serenity, etc...

Does this count? In college I won a short story contest, and was published in the next year's Freshman Literature booklet.. I think they used my piece for analysis.  I've also had letters to editors published....

I would become more sure of myself, my abilities, and my own degree of 'goodness' and 'worth'

gena
artemis

Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 18 03, 05:22
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks everyone so far for your replies!

This is very interesting!!!!! detective.gif  :detective:  :detective:

Cheers!
~Cleo  :pharoah:  :lovie:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest__*
post Sep 21 03, 07:12
Post #13

Here goes:

Indoneisan - Nasi goreng
YUM

Playing basketball, snowboarding, reading + writing and BEST = socialising

Ehm, i like a lot of differend ones. Donnie Darko is a favourite, also American Beauty

again, too much quality/diversity to pick only one favourite
although JD salinger = great. i really like paulo coelho and i much admire Ben Okri (whom i met)
Modern day writer would be Ben Elton

Sylvia Plath - the bell jar
AND A solitaire Mysery - Jostein gardner

anyone who lets themselves really live

people
society
combinations

no

not to be so selfish
(or is it an age thing?)

Guest_Brahms_*
post Sep 21 03, 11:03
Post #14

Hearty scrambled collection of fresh herbs, different
cheeses, chopped coral mushroom, bacon hints.

Writing when outside, skiing (back when coordinated)
singing with folks who're beyond self worry.

Zorba the Greek

Nikos Kazantzakis, and Thomas Merton

The Last Temptation of Christ

Skilled singers who're most interested being best for
group instead of self glorification.

I write to inbibe in creative catharsis of announcement,
wonder of discovery, and joy of blending.

Was published when Weyerhaeuser wrote of my logging
accident, and I began to sell booklets of my poems.

If I could I would change my naive vulnerability when I
became fodder for those few who fed on my 'wounded
Forest Gump' identity placed on my shoulders after
pronounced announcement of Wounded Logger.

Arnfinn
post Sep 27 03, 01:22
Post #15

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17

Hi

Hello Friends.....

1  Sausages & mashed potato + prawns + oysters +loster + fish + home cooked Corned Beef (Silverside) boiled potatoes, cauliflower & creamy cheese  sauce. A couple of tinnies of Ausie beer.........Burp grinning.gif  

2 No real favorites: Writing, make home brew, helping my community....>>Co-ordinator for Berry Meals-On-Wheels.....Director on the board of North Shoalhaven Meals Co-oP Ltd...Accountant friend and I have been working out horse racing systems for last 30 years, woodworking.........furniture, lathe... gardening. ???

3 Anything on TV. or the Movies  or the Highway Hoarding .....anything Speechless.gif

4 No real fav.....Mystery.......Deaver.....Michael Connoly
  Poets; Oscar Wilde, A.E. Housman, T.S. Eliot, BC/AD Poets. Read.gif

5 Oxford Dictionary (Complete Wordfinder) Oxford University Press. Walton Street, Oxford  ox2 6dp cool.gif

6  My wife     (She's got to put up with me) laugh.gif

7  Anything  Oscar quoted...........Genious.....very dry.

8  My brilliance Wall.gif

9  Hmmmmmmmm..........Let me think......No!

10  Be thirty years younger.

dance.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif  dance.gif

troy.gif

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_verchMorrighan_*
post Sep 27 03, 17:01
Post #16

Huh.... it looks like I hadn't answered... thought I had...

Favorite food:

Right now, Porterhouse Steak. (I think that's what's for dinner...)

Favorite hobby:

Poetry forums.  :laugh: I think I'm in a good 4 now, and That is where ALL my free time goes...

Favorite movie:

Dead Poets Society (with Robin Williams)
or perhaps Pirates of the Carribean, because there are funny corset jokes.

Favorite Writer:

Orson Scott Card-- for that genre...fantasy/scifi
Will and Ariel Durant for historical nonfiction
Walt Whitman for poetry, currently
For pure fiction-- John Steinbeck

Favorite Book:

The Confessions by Rousseau

Most admire:

Hmmm... I would have to go with Jaime Escalante (if anyone has seen the movie Stand and Deliver)

Favorite quote:

Good sense is the most evenly shared thing in the world, for each of us thinks he is so well endowed with it that even those who are the hardest to please in all other respects are not in the habit of wanting more than they have.
--René Descartes

Drive to write:

Reading.

Ever been published:

If self publication or publication in another journal for NAPA or VAPA (Natl. Amateur press assoc. and Virginia Amateur press assoc.) http://www.amateurpress.org/ counts... then I have.

Change one thing about myself--

Nothing, I don't think. Unless I can stay 15... I don't want to be 16!!! (6 days...)

Salem

Cleo_Serapis
post May 22 04, 13:02
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

*bump* :p

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:59

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: