Post #1

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Larry Carr

Vision of Beauty

Bill, by nature was always an early riser. The morning hours were his quiet time. He would focus on the upcoming events of the day, cataloging each item in his mental daily planner. Bill would also reflect on the state of his life and linger on the empty feelings he painfully harbored.

The boiling kettle left a faint cloudy mist as he poured his morning cup of tea. This vaporous veil dissipated slowly through the morning light as he peered out the window looking to the sky above. This was a ritual Bill had practiced each and every day. If there was sunshine, it gave him a ray of hope, but if the sky were gray and dark, he would sink into his maudlin ways.

While gazing out at the dew-covered wildflowers in his meadow-like backyard, Bill would often fill his daydreams with images of Camelot. He would assume the role of a lonely Prince who searched for his Guinevere. Dreams of Guinevere resurrected deep impassioned feelings he once harbored for a sweet, fair young maiden named Mary, a woman he first met years ago. Bill's world is now consumed with fantasy. He envisions himself as the gallant gentleman who defends the honor of his lady in waiting, whether it is Guinevere or Mary. To honor, protect and comfort her is his one desire and all he wishes for in return is to be granted a hug and warm embrace as loving tender for his chivalrous deeds.

He would ruminate about the naturally fresh scent emanating from Mar's soft auburn hair. So sweet was its fragrance; so enchanting were her beguiling lips. When he held her close, her fervent hug invigorated his total being. In his Camelot, they had it all. Their lives were full of joy; they felt so secure.

Mary's muted image was everywhere; its reflection greeted him everyday as he held his steaming hot cup of tea. The muggy mist seeped into the streaming passionate pores of his consciousness. It warmed his spirit with a soothing dash of contentment.

Mary was Bill's ideal, adorable, beautiful sweetheart. They had been classmates years ago but had drifted apart. She had the prettiest of smiles and glittering sienna eyes. Her soft-spoken voice was like an affectionate lullaby that resonated in Bill's smitten core. He remembered how Mary put him so at ease on their first date. It was her genial nature and lilting laugh that immediately dispelled his nervousness. She was charmingly assuasive and was so adept at rendering a state of tranquility in Bill's adolescent existence.

Mary always had a zest for learning. She was determined to continue her education while her closest friends jumped into the workforce to chase the almighty dollar. She knew that someday her scholarly endeavors would pay dividends that could translate beyond simple monetary means. After graduating from college, Mary worked as a teacher's aide for a year. After completing this informal apprenticeship, Mary was able to secure a full time teaching position in her hometown school district. She became a 3rd grade teacher at Lincoln School not far from where she and Bill first met.

Oftentimes Bill would take a moment and think back to when Mary was teaching at Lincoln School. She was full of youthful enthusiasm; her sparkling eyes transmitted an enlightened energy in her classroom. Mary was a favorite among her peers. Her invigorating smile was a welcoming beacon to everyone as they arrived each morning. Parents and students adored her vibrant personality that always rang true.

Oh, how Bill wished he had mustered the courage to drive his chariot down Market Street to climb those weathered, graffiti-covered steps to the top of the hill and enter her daytime domain. He always envisioned that he would arrive with a bouquet of flowers in one hand, as he gallantly kneeled before her. Bill hoped that Mary would see beyond his diffident demeanor to find that his heart was full of warm sincerity.

"I wish I could have been her knight in shining armor. Wasn't this how it was done in the days of King Arthur?" he would often ask himself.

As he walked into his employer's office on that September day, Bill knew he had a decision to make. His life had grown cloudy and gray; full of agitated upheaval. It was time for him to shed the shroud of this turmoil and to find some kind of sanctuary for his fragmented soul. As Bill signed his leave of absence form he let out a gasp of long anticipated emotional restitution.

A cool breeze diffused gritty grains of sand with shattered shells along a foam encrusted jagged shoreline at Diamond Beach. Bill sought the solitude of the off-season when families had returned north for their autumn foray. It was here, just a short jaunt from Cape May, where Bill chose to navigate those sandy pathways alone with his fragile mind and faded dreams. He fondly remembered those summer days of his youth when he entertained illusions of walking hand in hand with Mary through the salt-sprayed sand.

Bill sat amongst wind-sculpted dunes drowning in loneliness and listless despair. A tattered blanket covered his body but it couldn't obscure him from the smarting stings of anguished heartache. His self esteem was ravaged by memories of indifferent women he once loved. They were void of affection, offering no tender embraces in return. Emotional debris of unrequited love veiled his perspective with a dour darkness.

Suddenly, without explanation, Bill was overcome with a glorious sentiment that was epiphany-like in nature. It was as if a guardian angel had just spread its comforting wings on Bill's shoulder. A miraculous event occurred. Fate had enveloped itself with a dash of divine intervention and a pinch of amative sensitivity.

A vision of beauty reflected off the azure rippled water; a shadowy silhouette grew in stature; a delicate lovely image became crystallized in his visceral acuity. A warm relaxing radiant presence peered over his huddled mass. A delightful smile greeted him with a tranquil touch, instilling hope and eradicating weariness. It resurrected his spirit with just a simple smile and a warm hello.

This was no lonely illusion. His deeply secured fantasies of lovelorn indulgences came to an abrupt conclusion. Bill, overcome with charged feelings, tearfully expressed what he had hidden from the view of his closest friends.

"Mary, is it truly you? You have been in my thoughts since the day we broke apart. The image of your loveliness has warmed my essence for such a very long time. It was you who first ignited the flame of passion that has never flickered and always burned brightly."

As Bill gazed upon Mary's bright beaming eyes he was overcome with a sensation...one of rejuvenation. His joyous soul finally felt complete. He breathed rhythmically; no longer did he labor in staccato measures of forced respirations.

Bill shared with Mary a question that he could never logically answer. "Why did it take so long for me to hear those rapturous emotions that once made my heart sparkle and glisten when I was young in body and shy in years?"

Mary looked deeply into Bill's moist blue eyes and placed her trembling hands upon his face. This exhilarating moment brought forward some thoughts that had been repressed, lying dormant for so many years. "Love is a precious gift to nurture and you were that one person who touched my life with an honest, affectionate fervor. Sometimes we just do not recognize the genuine love that surrounds us each and every day."

Mary held Bill's hands firmly, as if she would never want to ever let go. "Bill, I too have experienced the pain of emptiness. I was so busy trying to taste all of the lush fruits of life that I never appreciated the gentle nature of people who really cared for me as a person. I just couldn't find that one man who made me feel complete and give me a sense of self-worth. My life was void of heartfelt adoration and many of my nights were lonely and grim. Perhaps with you in my life, I can finally cast aside those empty, unfulfilled feelings."

Bill's wishes, dreams, and infrequent prayers were finally realized, illuminated and answered. The pain of his reclusive solitude immediately withered from the warmth of Mary's sparkling, rapturous heart. A loving thread vibrated serenely in his soul. Mary's gentle demeanor and warm ways were just a small sampling of her bountiful, loving exquisite essence.

As they reflected on the years gone by, they realized that there were so many affectionate highlights and joyous moments. Bill and Mary concluded that thoughtfulness, a sense of humor, and a sincere embrace enabled each of them to see the true tender qualities that escaped their discerning eye when they were younger and far more impressionable. Although thankful for this stirring, emergent bond, they vowed never to forget the warm hugs of their yesterdays.

Just as an artist's palette brightens one's perspectives, compassion and sensitivity have evoked Mary and Bill's caring imaginations. Their warmhearted glow is no aberration as it now illuminates their path towards a charmed destination. Dormant, ardent flames of passion once again ignite, validating the notion that their bond will be a perpetual beacon of light.

Bill declared, "I've found you! Please take my hand. Together we will travel these quiet sandy paths to horizon's edge...our Camelot awaits us."

Mary echoed Bill’s deep-rooted sentiments. “Bill, as long as there is an adoring glow that sparkles in your eyes, my devotion will thrive and never die. When we harmonize the words, “I love you”, it will be the most magical emotion to behold. It will not shrink or fade away because we are now forever passionately linked.”

As the brilliant amber sun cascaded over the deserted beach, Mary and Bill were ascending to a celestial, jubilant state; delighting in the glorious wonders that their amorous universe now extols.

They are now finally at peace.

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 5 06, 05:49
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Thank you for your entry into Odin's Opposition, John! troy.gif

Perhaps you’ll rise up, drink from the Well of Wisdom and be crowned the ‘bringer of victory’? cali.gif

Best of luck in the battle! vic.gif

~Mosaic Musings Staff knight.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 26 06, 07:41
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Congratulations John on your Bronze placement! dance.gif

You have risen up, drank from the Well of Wisdom and have been crowned the ‘bringer of victory’! rose.gif champagne.gif

Well done!
pharoah2.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Nov 30 06, 11:11
Post #4

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Congratulations, John, on your wonderful, spiritual story!
A very well deserved award. cheer.gif

Cheers,
Syl *** dance.gif

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:44

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: