Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Greetings word wranglers!!!, So whats the angle? Or am I dreaming?
Terocon101
post May 28 07, 11:10
Post #1

Laureate Legionnaire

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 440
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Ephiny

Mosaic Musings was recommended to me by a friend thanks.gif in another site(Yahoo 360). I had just joined an online poetry group at Yahoo, but I noticed there had not been much activity in this group of twenty or so bards. Nevertheless, I posted an introduction and poem which would be received by the entire group through individual emails. Disappointingly, I only received back one solitary reply. shocked.gif

laugh.gif I know what your thinking; "This guy's poem must have been so bad that the other members thought it kinder and easier to ignore him, rather than to reply with awkward 'cruel to be kind' honesty, or false ego stroking praise". Maybe your right but I did ask for their honest opinions and advice and luckily for me the one person who did reply, and who did stroke my ego, kidding. She wrote a very good critique and also referred to something I had written about afterwards.
I had mentioned the lack of an online community of artistic writers and the fact that most of the ones out there always had some angle in the end, you all know what I'm talking about, so I wont mention any names. She knew what I was on about and told me about this place.
So here I am. I hope I get to know some of you and I hope you come to know me. I like to think I'm fair and honest with a good heart but I cant vouch for my objectivity on that subject.
I look forward to hearing honest, sincere opinions. When critiquing me don't hold back I wont be offended and neither should you be when I completely ignore your advice garfield.gif
The part I dread is my critiquing of your work. I'll probably make plenty of mistakes while I learn the do's and dont's but bear with me and I'll get it right eventually.

Anyway before I go I should give you a few details about me, my aims and goals. What do I expect from from this site and its community?
I'm 29, from the midlands of Ireland. I only write for my own enjoyment so I work as a painter to pay for the pens and paper. I have been writing since the age of 5 wink.gif but I only really started to write for my own enjoyment during those late teenage years. Remember? When we planned to change the world. When anyone over 30 was not too be trusted and love was so easy to understand, whats was the big deal about anyway?? Everything was so black and blue. Now when I read my writings from back then I cant help feeling a little embarrassed. I wish I could reach out and back and explain a few things to myself or just tell myself to get a haircut, lots of things, things that I thought I had so right but I had very, very wrong. I'm not saying I'v progressed very far, literary-wise but maybe I come on a little bit from those early beginnings. Although having browsed through your writings I know I have a lot to learn. bowdown.gif
It'd be nice to benefit from the experience of other writers, and to pass on my modest knowledge. Thats why I'm here, because over the years I have come to love this form of expression and I'd like to share in it.

As for my goals, why limit myself. rolleyes.gif (Counterfeit confidence)

·······IPB·······

Terry

light
lights
light

--Raymond Rosliep

"The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates."

--Oscar Wilde

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Ephiny
post May 28 07, 12:53
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 41
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Hello Terry pharoah2.gif

Great to see that you made it here!! Hope you enjoy it just as much as I do..I think you'll find that it has all of the things that you are hoping to find.

Again, I really love your poem..it has brought me right back to childhood summers..you have a knack of using your words to create a scene and not just in the visual sense..but full of sound, colour and scent. Looking forward to reading more of your work:)

Lucie

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 28 07, 13:07
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello Terry and WELCOME TO MM! Newbie.gif PartyFavor.gif Balloons.gif

What a pleasant surprise to hear you were referred to us! Was it Lucie who pointed you our way? mm.gif mm.gif

I noticed you online earlier reading the forum participation rules in this 'newbie' forum and realized I needed to make some changes to it - so I trust you'll read it again? Generally, newbies have just dived right in and post their poems in our crit forums straight away - Herme's Homilies or Seren's Synapse. We now have a third for short forms too, Shogun's Psalms.

There's plenty to delve into here, so please, wander our halls, take in our colorful 'tiles' and join in the fun. hsdance.gif Idea.gif If you would be so kind, one of the first things we ask is to share a bit of your goals with us. What style of poetry to you fancy and what level of critique would you like to receive? Where are you located and how did you hear about our site? What are your literary goals?

Each forum has its own 'forum participation rules' posted in a link at the top of the forums, so please read them so you'll know what guides all posters and us mods (those dang rules) as well as our 'mission statement' here: http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=8574 .

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me or any of our staff (AMETHYST, Cathy, Eisa, JLY, Arnfinn and Imhotep). Read.gif

Welcome! rose.gif margarita.gif mm.gif mm.gif

~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Terocon101
post May 28 07, 14:05
Post #4

Laureate Legionnaire

Thank you Lucie,

This poem just flowed out, no work at all and I never felt like changing anything, which is unusual. I think its because I knew exactly where I was going with it because I was experiencing it. I didn't have to close my eyes and imagine it, I could just open my eyes and there it was, the lake isle of Inisfree or at least my isle. Its still a place I like to go.

Your quote was very appropriate, Yeats was one of my childhood favorites and his poetry will always be a place I feel safe.

Thanks again for telling me of this place.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will finally know peace.

* Jimi Hendrix

·······IPB·······

Terry

light
lights
light

--Raymond Rosliep

--Oscar Wilde

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post May 28 07, 20:03
Post #5

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hello Terry,

I hope I got the name right ... (shy smile) Glad Lucie pointed you in our direction. Our halls are always open to members who are looking to give and receive honest critique and assistance in the betterment of poetry.

I see you posted a poem in your introduction thread here, there isn't critique in this forum, so if you haven't done already, you might want to post it in the approapriate critique forum and get our attention! :)

I look forward to reading your work and interacting with you -

Best Wishes, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Kathy_*
post May 29 07, 02:04
Post #6

Hi Terry, welcome to MM. smile.gif

Yep, post in the forums, so others can find your poems.

Best wishes, Kathy

Eisa
post May 29 07, 04:48
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

WELCOME TO MM TERRIE PartyFavor.gif

It's good to have you here.

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Terocon101
post May 29 07, 16:30
Post #8

Laureate Legionnaire

Hi Lucie,

Thanks again for the directions, I would have been lost in those yellow woods if it weren't for you.

Terry

·······IPB·······

Terry

light
lights
light

--Raymond Rosliep

--Oscar Wilde

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post May 30 07, 15:06
Post #9

Welcome to MM Terry! Need any help just give a shout~

Cathy

Arnfinn
post May 31 07, 04:16
Post #10

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17

G'day, Terry,

Mate, your bio style intro was worth reading.

Your going to settle in very well Couch.gif

Here's to a long association with MM champagne.gif

John troy.gif

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

MM Award Winner

Terocon101
post Jun 6 07, 15:37
Post #11

Laureate Legionnaire

Thank you all for the warm reception
PartyFavor.gif

·······IPB·······

Terry

light
lights
light

--Raymond Rosliep

--Oscar Wilde

MM Award Winner

Guest_Rosemerta_*
post Jun 26 07, 14:43
Post #12

Greetings, Terry, unicorn.gif

This was a most delightful introduction of yourself which leads me to believe we will have much to look forward to.

I think I have found more constructive feedback from the folk here than all the other sites I had visited put together. I'm sure you'll like it here.

~Jackie

Terocon101
post Jun 26 07, 15:11
Post #13

Laureate Legionnaire

Thanks Jackie,

yes its been a great experience, I'm addicted. Glad you enjoyed the bio, I'm afraid that intro was the best thing I've done so for, just kidding(I hope grinning.gif )

Talk to you soon

Terry

·······IPB·······

Terry

light
lights
light

--Raymond Rosliep

--Oscar Wilde

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 14:40

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: