Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> hiya im a newbie to this webbie
Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 5 07, 11:40
Post #1

Hiya im completely new to this website woo hoo newbie in da house! wave.gif

basically i love making up silly stories in my head, its only very recently that i decided to actively write one down, about two weeks ago! eeep!

well if your wondering how i got on ive posted up the beggining of a story in the loch ness, long story forum. its entitled moonbeam at the moment but thats only because i could not think of a clever title.

(suggestions will be greatly appreciated)
so yer hiya everyone

have fun
shaggy breeks Pharoah.gif

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 5 07, 12:15
Post #2

QUOTE (shaggy breeks @ Jan 5 07, 16:40 ) *
Hiya im completely new to this website woo hoo newbie in da house! wave.gif

basically i love making up silly stories in my head, its only very recently that i decided to actively write one down, about two weeks ago! eeep!

well if your wondering how i got on ive posted up the beggining of a story in the loch ness, long story forum. its entitled moonbeam at the moment but thats only because i could not think of a clever title.

(suggestions will be greatly appreciated)
so yer hiya everyone

have fun
shaggy breeks Pharoah.gif

Oh yea any influences i have... terry pratchett... he is amazing, along with writers like bill bryson, j.k. rowling, douglas adams, tolkein, the list goes on!

Eisa
post Jan 5 07, 12:55
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

WELCOME to MM

I look forward to reading your stories Read.gif cheer.gif

Snow Snowman.gif Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 5 07, 13:07
Post #4

QUOTE (Eisa @ Jan 5 07, 17:55 ) *
WELCOME to MM

I look forward to reading your stories Read.gif cheer.gif

Snow Snowman.gif Snowflake.gif

hey thanks cheer.gif oooh i love the name by the way, its weird how such a chilly word can create such warm images.

Blank_Canvas
post Jan 5 07, 13:20
Post #5

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Hi there Shaggy ! Proud to welcome you to MM. Love your on screen name! Look forward to reading whatever postings you care to make. story, prose, poetry....all sits well with me ! Most of all...make friends and have some fun. There are lots of fun competitions, as well as the serious stuff.
Marcia

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 5 07, 13:56
Post #6

QUOTE (Blank_Canvas @ Jan 5 07, 18:20 ) *
Hi there Shaggy ! Proud to welcome you to MM. Love your on screen name! Look forward to reading whatever postings you care to make. story, prose, poetry....all sits well with me ! Most of all...make friends and have some fun. There are lots of fun competitions, as well as the serious stuff.
Marcia

hey hey glad you like the name, made me chuckle the first time i heard it. lol make freinds, have fun... will do thanks buddy. Reindeer.gif

Guest_Cathy_*
post Jan 5 07, 14:07
Post #7

Welcome to MM shaggy! Love the name BTW!

I've seen your story but haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet. What I have read sounds great! Quite an imagination for sure.

I'm looking forward to interacting with you around the site. If you have any questions... just ask!

Cathy Snowflake.gif

Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 5 07, 14:13
Post #8

QUOTE (Cathy @ Jan 5 07, 19:07 ) *
Welcome to MM shaggy! Love the name BTW!

I've seen your story but haven't had a chance to read the whole thing yet. What I have read sounds great! Quite an imagination for sure.

I'm looking forward to interacting with you around the site. If you have any questions... just ask!

Cathy Snowflake.gif

awwwwwwwww danke sch"on! Im sure itll be great getting to know all you folk on this site, and also reading the many many wonderful things, some of which ive read and am in awe! have fun
shaggy breeks Reindeer.gif

AMETHYST
post Jan 5 07, 14:33
Post #9

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Welcome Shaggy,

My grandaughter would love your name as well. Although she's only 3, she is a biggest Scooby doo fan ever. Been a Scooby, shaggy fan going on a good 2 years now. wink.gif

Welcome to Mosaic Musings. I don't normally spend that much time in the prose area but will make my way to check out your story as soon as I can.

There is a variety of activities to share and enjoy here at Mosaic and I hope you make good use of all of it's forums. To make your settling in as comfortable as possibly please take a little time when comtemplating before posting and read the guidelines for each forum you become active in and our Code of Conduct. If you have any questions, please feel free to Private Message or ask any of Mosaic Musings staff. We are all here and more than willing to help out in any way we can.

Best Regards and look forward to getting to know you... Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 5 07, 14:44
Post #10

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Jan 5 07, 19:33 ) *
Welcome Shaggy,

My grandaughter would love your name as well. Although she's only 3, she is a biggest Scooby doo fan ever. Been a Scooby, shaggy fan going on a good 2 years now. wink.gif

Welcome to Mosaic Musings. I don't normally spend that much time in the prose area but will make my way to check out your story as soon as I can.

There is a variety of activities to share and enjoy here at Mosaic and I hope you make good use of all of it's forums. To make your settling in as comfortable as possibly please take a little time when comtemplating before posting and read the guidelines for each forum you become active in and our Code of Conduct. If you have any questions, please feel free to Private Message or ask any of Mosaic Musings staff. We are all here and more than willing to help out in any way we can.

Best Regards and look forward to getting to know you... Liz

Lol scooby doo is such a legend, brings back lots of cute childhood memories. This will come as a shock though, the names is actually from the stories of the magic roundabout, with dougal and zebedee etc. hee hee its a name that brian the snail would call dougal constantly (much to his annoyance)
look forward to getting to know you and this site

AMETHYST
post Jan 5 07, 14:53
Post #11

Ornate Oracle

Lol scooby doo is such a legend, brings back lots of cute childhood memories. This will come as a shock though, the names is actually from the stories of the magic roundabout, with dougal and zebedee etc. hee hee its a name that brian the snail would call dougal constantly (much to his annoyance)
shaggy breeks

Haaa, Yes ... I know the name isn't spun from Scooby, it is more taken from dragon slayer ... Ragnar Lodbrok. Which is some powerful reading material.

Anyway... will be getting to your work shortly, I won't promise great critique on it...but if I find the time I will certainly give what I can! wink.gif

Do you write much in poetry? ...

Best Regards, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 5 07, 15:01
Post #12

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Jan 5 07, 19:53 ) *
shaggy breeks

Haaa, Yes ... I know the name isn't spun from Scooby, it is more taken from dragon slayer ... Ragnar Lodbrok. Which is some powerful reading material.

Anyway... will be getting to your work shortly, I won't promise great critique on it...but if I find the time I will certainly give what I can! wink.gif

Do you write much in poetry? ...

Best Regards, Liz

oooooh awesome i hope you enjoy the story. ummmm poetry, cant say ive ever really tried. to be honest the gcse's i took in english at school killed any love for poetry, the way we studied them was enough to put a sour taste on anyones tongue. although i must admit some of these ones ive read recently are very good. i especially like one that was in the tangerine sky competition thingy, all about the lighthouse enticing ships onto the rocks. AWESOME! when i read it it almost made me think of pirates of the carribean, dont know how or why but that is some positive imagery.

so i guess i could have a go at poetry, though i wouldnt expect much, itll probably be very priamry school standard. hee hee
how about you, i guess your a poet?

AMETHYST
post Jan 5 07, 15:24
Post #13

Ornate Oracle

Not really a poet, I would be more inclined to say a Poet Wanna be... I haven't written anything so spectacular to earn me the title "poet" but I do love to read, write and I find real pleasure in poetry when someone offers unique, creative and skillfully written poem! We have great 'poets' here at MM, who really can move someone with the use of words.

Give it a go ...

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Arnfinn
post Jan 7 07, 01:32
Post #14

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17

How are ya going Shaggy,

Mate, you make interesting reading. chef.gif

Looks like ya going to have some fun times at MM. dance.gif

Mate, there's enough forums n' stuff here to find ya'self eating, take away, with one hand and typing out ya stories with the other. pharoah2.gif

Best wishes,

Arnie. troy.gif gromit.gif

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

MM Award Winner

Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 7 07, 07:15
Post #15

Lol thanks! Reindeer.gif im sure i will.... to be honest when i started i thought id hate writing a book and would probably give up through boredom... little did i know this has been one of the most fun things ive ever done, its kind of an escape from reality!

and yer this website is cool! im sure ill have fun gettin to know peeps and typin down my ideas as they come

have fun

SHAGGY BREEKS Reindeer.gif

Guest_shaggy breeks_*
post Jan 7 07, 10:37
Post #16

hee hee if anyone is interested i have posted up the beginnings of my chapter 2. if you read it id love to hear what you thought about it. hopefully it should bring some further clarification to some of the points in chapter one and the prologue.

keep on having fun, shaggy breeks Reindeer.gif

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:10

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: