Remember... when you pass out treats
and welcome souls of those in sheets
at your front door --
give thanks to Celtic symbols shared;
be wary and be rightly scared:
Divined folklore!

Copyright © Lorraine M Kanter

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Thoth
post Oct 29 09, 11:04
Post #2

Laureate Legionnaire

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 457
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Mistral

Hi Lori,
This is so intriguing, I haven't seen it before. Loved it, beautifully crafted and a pleasure to read.

Strangely I have been introduced into a circle of real witches, healers and psychics and they are wonderful caring people. I was told that I am actually a Druid sent to assist them and they have been expecting me! (and all the time I thought I was a simple engineer and aspiring poet)

I have learned much, introduced to runic writing and some of the basic herbs and plants. The most important lesson so far being that real magic is not learned, it is revealed.

It all conflicts badly with my scientific ordered mind, but it seems that is the part they seek.

Runic is very difficult because the symbols (runes) all have associated trees, herbs, planets and crystals. They can also be combined to make a whole new complex alphabet! It will be some time before I will be writing poetry this way.
dragon.gif
So Halloween will be a little different for me from now on I guess.aragorn.gif bat.gif

Hugz,

Wally gnome.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

The Ugly African Critter

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 29 09, 11:40
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Wally, gnome.gif

You must read the 'sample' of Logarhyme at the educational link by clicking here. THAT one is a FANTASTIC Halloween poem! zombie.gif

Wow - how cool that you have real witches, healers and psychics as friends! I would LOVE to learn about them and the Runes. I'm surprised I haven't yet seen a font that is Runic, lol! goodwitch.gif

Well, thanks for popping in! Do you celebrate this event over on your side of the pond? bat.gif

Cheers,
~Cleo ghost.gif tombstone.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Thoth
post Oct 30 09, 01:07
Post #4

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 457
Referred By:Mistral

Ah, this looks like something I would enjoy. Thanks for the link.

There are runic fonts around, "PR runic 2" is the best of the free download ones I have found. Most have some missing characters it seems but I guess there are different flavours because runic is so old and spread far and wide. The Germanic strains are the oldest and the Anglo most refined.

Halloween is celebrated here but not as energetically as in the US.

See ya

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

The Ugly African Critter

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 30 09, 09:59
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Cool, Wally! pumpkin.gif

I'll see if I can find that font. Enjoy your 'spookin' eve'! zombie.gif bat.gif ghost.gif

Cheers,
~Cleo tombstone.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Alan
post Nov 3 09, 06:11
Post #6

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 298
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori/Eisa/loads of old friends

Dear Lori,

This is indeed masterly !

Love
Alan

·······IPB·······

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 3 09, 06:36
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Alan, gnome.gif

Gee, thanks! Glad you enjoyed!

Have a spooktacular day! zombie.gif goodwitch.gif ghost.gif

~Cleo bat.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 00:33

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: