to
"to bask in nature's lush display"

Revision 3 (thanks Dan)
rejuvenates a soul once gray,
to
rejuvenates a soul gone gray,

This post has been edited by Cleo_Serapis: May 3 06, 12:35

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
JustDaniel
post Apr 30 06, 17:45
Post #2

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

A refreshingly beautiful lilt of a piece, Lori... I'm sure reflecting a great deal of burden lifted off the shoulders of your mind and spirit. Extremely well done.

I really only find one small hiccup in your metrical flow... and a few suggestions for punctuation, some for aesthetics, some for grammar. Take or toss as you please:

QUOTE(Cleo_Serapis @ Apr 30 06, 18:09 ) [snapback]74423[/snapback]
The Path I Choose

The path I choose this cherished day
rejuvenates a soul once gray[,]
where every step I take is bright( ; ) [--] [ since what followes is not a separate clause ]
respecting life with such delight
surrendering the fears that prey.

I’ll climb a mountain by the bay
and revel in nature’s display [ an iambic word for 'nature', or a rephrasing ? ]
which lifts me up; oh joyous sight!
The path[,] I choose.

Give me your hope, your love[, or ...] and stay
right here with me(,)[;] I’ve much to say( ; )[.]
We’ll watch the rising stars tonight
and touch the warmth of heaven’s light[.]
With you, I know I’ll be okay…
the path I choose.

Copyright © 2006 Lorraine M Kanter [/b]

Again, this is a sparkling piece, punctuated with a plethora or emotions and warmth.

deLighting to read it, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 30 06, 19:58
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

QUOTE(JustDaniel @ Apr 30 06, 18:45 ) [snapback]74426[/snapback]
A refreshingly beautiful lilt of a piece, Lori... I'm sure reflecting a great deal of burden lifted off the shoulders of your mind and spirit. Extremely well done.

I really only find one small hiccup in your metrical flow... and a few suggestions for punctuation, some for aesthetics, some for grammar. Take or toss as you please:
Again, this is a sparkling piece, punctuated with a plethora of emotions and warmth.

deLighting to read it, Daniel sun.gif

Thanks so much Daniel for stopping by! sun.gif

A burden that is still very much with me, but today was a good day, and yes, an admission of sorts (finally). I am finding each day a new surprise, usually with a positive spirit, but I have had some bad days this week. It was therapeutic to write a Rondeau and Fran's flash stimulus this weekend sparked my muse to sit down and write.

I too, am troubled by that line 'nature' - can't think of a good substitute at the moment so I'll think on it a bit. I have incorporated most of your punctuation suggestions so thank you very much Daniel! hsdance.gif

Cheers
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post May 1 06, 02:20
Post #4

Hi Lori

This is a lovely, uplifting read. I said in the Flash tile that I like the way the narator is choosing such an uplifting, positive path (not easy, in unknown territory!).

I also very much like the choice of rhymes - the lightly, swift percussive sound of "-ight" against the soft, long, vowel-sound of "-ay".

My only stumble is at the line Daniel has hightlighted.
and revel in nature’s display
I don't have a suggestion as yet, so I will think and see if anything comes to mind snail.gif

Fran

Guest_Cathy_*
post May 1 06, 06:39
Post #5

Hi Lori,

It's a beautiful poem and the positive attitude is rearing it's head! *smiles*

I, too, had a problem with the 'nature' line. What about

to bask in nature's lush display
The path, I choose.

Just a thought!

Cathy

JustDaniel
post May 1 06, 07:06
Post #6

Ornate Oracle

... and I second that thought! cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 1 06, 07:15
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cathy @ May 1 06, 07:39 ) [snapback]74466[/snapback]
Hi Lori,

It's a beautiful poem and the positive attitude is rearing it's head! *smiles*

I, too, had a problem with the 'nature' line. What about

to bask in nature's lush display
The path, I choose.

Just a thought!

Cathy

Hi Cathy. arwen.gif

Thank you very much! hsdance.gif I actually was in a bit of a funk yesterday and writing this poem snapped me out of it (go figure)? legolas.gif

I really like your suggested change to that line and will post the revision now.

Thanks so much! rainbow.gif

Cheers
~Cleo sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 1 06, 07:20
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Toumai @ May 1 06, 03:20 ) [snapback]74453[/snapback]
Hi Lori

This is a lovely, uplifting read. I said in the Flash tile that I like the way the narator is choosing such an uplifting, positive path (not easy, in unknown territory!).

I also very much like the choice of rhymes - the lightly, swift percussive sound of "-ight" against the soft, long, vowel-sound of "-ay".

My only stumble is at the line Daniel has hightlighted.
and revel in nature’s display
I don't have a suggestion as yet, so I will think and see if anything comes to mind snail.gif

Fran

Oops! blush.gif

Sorry I missed your reply Fran. gromit.gif

Thank you very much and yes, as I have been saying to everyone I know - a positive attitude really CAN heal not only the physical but the phycological too. yinyang.gif I hadn't noticed the rhyming opposites but yes - the sharp verses the soft - that works for me! dance.gif

I've used Cathy's suggestion for that line - do you like it too?

HUGS
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

moon_shadow'...
post May 1 06, 07:41
Post #9

Babylonian

Member No.: 155

Hey Lori,

Like everyone else I like the uplifting feel of this. While most of the suggestions have been taken care of I do have one suggested word change.

line 2: "once" to "gone", thus:

rejuvenates a soul gone gray

slightly more emphasis on the word, but I think it would still flow ok.

My 2 cents,

Dan

·······IPB·······

1 Broken Mirror = 7 Years of Bad Luck
7 Years of Bad Luck = Many More Broken Mirrors
So..
Break any mirrors and you might as well shoot yourself and get it over with.

Guest_Toumai_*
post May 1 06, 08:01
Post #10

Hi Lori

Yes, I like Cathy's suggestion, too; captuers the rhythm.

Fran

JustDaniel
post May 1 06, 08:28
Post #11

Ornate Oracle

Dan does point well to a slight drag in the iambic flow, and I feel it clearly now. His suggestion not only softens it, but adds a more subtle, gentle touch to the transition to gray, dontcha think?

... so I've tossed in my too scents with his... Lightly, o' course, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Aphrodite
post May 1 06, 10:17
Post #12

Laureate Legionnaire

Member No.: 7

Hi Lori, cloud9.gif

This is such a touching and heartfelt piece!

A beautiful poem of inspiration, hope and rejuvenation!

You are a great example of strength and encouragement and appreciated by many!

God bless you! lovie.gif

Always,

Lindi sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"Imagination is more important than knowledge and encircles the world"
Albert Einstein

MM Award Winner

JLY
post May 1 06, 11:23
Post #13

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Referred By:Larry Carr

Lori,
A nice, positive, uplifting and smooth-flowing poem.
When I read your last line......I tend to give it more emphasis....

Tis' the path I choose

JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post May 1 06, 14:55
Post #14

Your welcome Lori! I'm glad I could help.

Cathy

Cleo_Serapis
post May 3 06, 12:33
Post #15

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(moon_shadow @ May 1 06, 08:41 ) [snapback]74478[/snapback]
Hey Lori,

Like everyone else I like the uplifting feel of this. While most of the suggestions have been taken care of I do have one suggested word change.

line 2: "once" to "gone", thus:

rejuvenates a soul gone gray

slightly more emphasis on the word, but I think it would still flow ok.

My 2 cents,

Dan

Hi Dan.

Thank you! I am very pleased that my emotion came through and you got a sense of my positive attitude and thoughts. cloud9.gif

I really like your suggestion - for the alliterative feel as well as the iambic change. I will make the revision now.

thanks.gif!
~Cleo hsdance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post May 3 06, 13:28
Post #16

Ornate Oracle

Super, Lori! I love it. I lilts and lifts and stops just when it should before continuing on. rollerskater.gif I'd only suggest your making the last line begin with a small 't' the, since it's a vitally continuing thought... but of course the final result is the path you choose.

This is a stunning example of rondeau, I think. pharoah2.gif

deLightin' in yer writin', Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 3 06, 13:32
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Toumai @ May 1 06, 09:01 ) [snapback]74479[/snapback]
Hi Lori

Yes, I like Cathy's suggestion, too; captures the rhythm.

Fran

QUOTE(JustDaniel @ May 1 06, 09:28 ) [snapback]74483[/snapback]
Dan does point well to a slight drag in the iambic flow, and I feel it clearly now. His suggestion not only softens it, but adds a more subtle, gentle touch to the transition to gray, dontcha think?

... so I've tossed in my too scents with his... Lightly, o' course, Daniel sun.gif

Thank you Fran and Daniel. dance.gif I have revised the line per Dan's suggestion too. What a difference!

Cool! ballet.gif
~Cleo princess.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 3 06, 13:38
Post #18

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aphrodite @ May 1 06, 11:17 ) [snapback]74487[/snapback]
Hi Lori, cloud9.gif

This is such a touching and heartfelt piece!

A beautiful poem of inspiration, hope and rejuvenation!

You are a great example of strength and encouragement and appreciated by many!

God bless you! lovie.gif

Always,

Lindi sun.gif

Hi Lindi. gromit.gif

You can especially relate (listening to me at work). I was thrilled to be able to share my emotions with this piece and write a Rondeau too, something I haven't done for a while...

Thanks for your kind words. cloud9.gif

kiss.gif
Lori lovie.gif

QUOTE(JLY @ May 1 06, 12:23 ) [snapback]74489[/snapback]
Lori,
A nice, positive, uplifting and smooth-flowing poem.
When I read your last line......I tend to give it more emphasis....

Tis' the path I choose

JLY

Hi John. gandalfw.gif

Thanks very much - glad you felt this one! cloud9.gif

GroupHug.gif

~Cleo sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 23:42

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: