post Jan 5 07, 15:39
Post #21

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Thank you so much, Snow and Liz...

this piece is a labor of love which, though stimulated by a Bible class I'm in at the present, grows out of 35+ years of ministry to forgotten, disenfranchised individuals... many of whom did not see that I'd been trying to listen for the first half of that time; after my crash and burn, I eased back in with eyes wide open and mouth shut to hear.

I humbly and joyfully accept this nomination.

deLighting in sharing, Daniel sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
AMETHYST
post Jan 7 07, 01:31
Post #22

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

I would like to nominate New Model Fervor for the excellent handle on blank verse Form and the crisp, instinctive images. Don well done!

New Model Fervor

A phoenix rose from ash to sear my soul.
The auto market plumage, end of year,
December gluts the air with crisp car ploys
from dealers’ bedlam sales of old and new
arrival models packing showoff space.

Since funds are low from cheerful Christmas debt,
the shakers hike incentive lure to buy.
The vendors’ drive for “best” by slashing stock
demands that suitable suitors press for less
than offered lowest listed sticker prices.

A song to wing the way is engine Hemi
like Odin’s eight-legged horse, Sleipnir, flew.
Inferno red, like Satan, shouts rejoice.
Since Devil’s road is level, smooth, and wide,
I purchased Dodge with phoenix-feather glide.

© 2007, D.E. Holmes

This post has been edited by Cleo_Serapis: Jan 10 07, 19:06

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Jan 7 07, 02:26
Post #23

Ornate Oracle

I would like to nominate this poem for it's originality, the striking images and the very smooth, delightful turnabout at poems end.

Mating Call

She stands stilt-legged
in rushes fringing the lily-pond.

His massive wings undulate
screening the sun
as he peers down
on this potential mate.

She ignores his calls --
water spurting from her neb.

The lemon resin heron
proceeds to aerate the pond;
he swoops close by
to catch a carp
-- and her eye.

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 7 07, 09:37
Post #24

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Congrats Snow! sun.gif

Permission PM sent

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 7 07, 09:37
Post #25

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Congrats Don! cheer.gif

Permission PM sent

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Jan 7 07, 10:04
Post #26

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12

O wow! -- thanks Liz and Lori cloud9.gif

This is one of my favourites as we often get a heron flying over our garden and the resin heron was one I saw in a garden centre in the summer. The rest was my imagination and sense of humour. dove.gif

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Jan 7 07, 10:07
Post #27

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Are you the original author of this poem?
Yes
Has this poem ever been published?
No
Has this poem been nominated by any other participating board (of IBPC)?
No
Has this poem been reviewed as "best and final" to assure the latest revision is judged?
Yes
Is your email address on file up to date?
Yes
Do you accept the nomination to submit the work (if selected to represent MM)?
yes
If yes to above question, what is your real name?
Eira Needham

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Jan 7 07, 13:09
Post #28

Ornate Oracle

This is one of my favorites of your poetry. It just seems to really capture the poetry of nature. Love it. Good luck!

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Jan 7 07, 13:23
Post #29

Dear Cleo_Serapis and AMETHYST,

I am flattered with the nomination for February IBPC competion.

I wish to revise for a final version per recent inputs at MM before accepting.

I am certainly glad to be notified at this time. My intent was to enter it into a January contest competition, which might have reaped a minor prize. I shall abort conflicting competitive entry to qualify for IBPC nomination.

Sincerely,

Don

AMETHYST
post Jan 7 07, 15:55
Post #30

Ornate Oracle

No worry Don,

When you have the draft that you are satisfied with and it is revised to your expectation, just let one of us know and we'll revise it to show the most current. wink.gif

Hugs, Liz

Congratulations!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 7 07, 15:58
Post #31

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Don.

Congrats again! hsdance.gif

I hesitate to say 'Don't enter this elsewhere' because we still need to go through the nomination POLLING process which won't happen until after the 20th. So, in the event that your poem doesn't make the final three, I would feel bummed that you hadn't entered it elsewhere. It's a tough decision ....

~Cleo madhatter.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Jan 7 07, 16:11
Post #32

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Jan 7 07, 15:55 ) *
No worry Don,

When you have the draft that you are satisfied with and it is revised to your expectation, just let one of us know and we'll revise it to show the most current. wink.gif

Hugs, Liz

Congratulations!

I'll be sure to go through the official channel as soon as practicable.

Thanks for the nomination.

Don

Guest_Don_*
post Jan 7 07, 16:17
Post #33

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Jan 7 07, 15:58 ) *
Hi Don.

Congrats again! hsdance.gif

I hesitate to say 'Don't enter this elsewhere' because we still need to go through the nomination POLLING process which won't happen until after the 20th. So, in the event that your poem doesn't make the final three, I would feel bummed that you hadn't entered it elsewhere. It's a tough decision ....

~Cleo madhatter.gif

Chances are I won't be in the MM final three nor in top three of other optional contest. One must make choices where and whom to go with.

There are plenty of competions to enter later. If big money were involved…

Thanks for the opportunity.

Don

AMETHYST
post Jan 7 07, 19:34
Post #34

Ornate Oracle

I would love to nominate this poem for its stark imagery and subject matter. How powerfully it is handled, layered and how it uses profound images to bring the subject to light. I found this held strong, vibrant images. The connections of life force and body functions are soft so that the reader can relate to the intensity it alludes to. Wonderful and strong poetry.

Youthful Reflections

We mold life and body,
sculpting impressions
in red-celled seas;
demanding rescue.

Scalpels pierce a fountain
of youthful reflections
revealing a diminished original.

Whites and reds pump up,
expand; contract
in a sweat-filled Utopia.

Protein-highs target
nourishing riches;
the fine print: cleverly
disguised in false promises
worth millions.

As a spider weaves
survival’s web
I wonder…
will the quest for youth
be quenched
or sucked dry?

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Jan 7 07, 19:39
Post #35

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hey Liz -- you beat me to it! LOL!! I just came here to nominate this myself.

This is a very thought provoking poem with wonderful imagery and I love its layered meanings. Well done Lori!

snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 8 07, 06:53
Post #36

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks Liz ands Snow!

I'm very humbled. cloud9.gif I hope many read between the lines of this "message within" and grasp that its not the 'exterior beauty' one possesses that matters most.

I humbly accept the nomination!
~Cleo hsdance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Jan 8 07, 11:11
Post #37

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Eisa @ Jan 7 07, 19:39 ) *
Hey Liz -- you beat me to it! LOL!! I just came here to nominate this myself.

This is a very thought provoking poem with wonderful imagery and I love its layered meanings. Well done Lori!

snow Snowflake.gif

Heehee.. Great minds think a like. I've been eyeing this myself, but wanted to wait till the revision process was nearing end... Very thought provoking, a lot of inner workings to this poem that really offer a very strong and vital message.

Congratuations Lori, well deserved ...

Big hugs guys... Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cyn
post Jan 9 07, 16:18
Post #38

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 145

I love this one Daniel and add my "third" to this nomination

·······IPB·······

Cynthia Neely

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Jan 10 07, 06:22
Post #39

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I have watched this one grow through revisions in the last few weeks and want to nominate it, for a message that we can all relate to. However stressful our lives become, there is always something to be thankful for -- often the simple things in life are our precious gifts.

Exhausted; I head home
after another chaotic night
of luna-driven 911 calls
on the graveyard shift.
The car sputters -- stalls
on 441 at Winston Blvd,
a few feet before my front door...

I check the mail, tally the bills
and still I'm thirty cents short.
A long-winded sigh ... reminds me
of Joe Swanson, who lived
next door, before he lost his child,
his job ... his home.

I whisper, "Thank you"

Laundry piles block
our kitchen entry; dirty dishes cover
an unkempt counter ...
and the dog couldn't hold it
through the night.
He snuggles
his snout against my chest
demonstrating how unconditional love
ought to be.

The day is done.
I sneak a peek at Lauren,
watching her sleep-
her tiny fingers clenched
about Pooh's ear,
as adventures dance in her dreams.
Her gentle breath
rustles loose sheets,
tickles her nose stirring her smile.
She's a cherub child... I sit
and listen to the silence,
then whisper...

"Thank you Lord, you've blessed
my ordinary life with such extraordinary moments."

This post has been edited by Cleo_Serapis: Jan 21 07, 16:54
Reason for edit: Third revision added

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post Jan 10 07, 08:39
Post #40

Are you the original author of this poem? Yes.

Has this poem ever been published? Not for compensation or competition.

Has this poem been nominated by any other participating board (of IBPC)? No.

Has this poem been reviewed as "best and final" to assure the latest revision is judged? Use New Model Fervor (Version 01) without reference to revision.

Is your email address on file up to date? Yes as dholmes@woh.rr.com

Do you accept the nomination to submit the work (if selected to represent MM)? Yes.

If yes to above question, what is your real name? Donald E Holmes

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 23:06

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: