Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

vic.gif Calling all writers of the Mosaic! Viking.gif

What do I do as a member?
Simple. Post ONE thread that you'd like to nominate started in JUNE to be voted upon. Duplicate nominations accepted. We can only poll a max of 15 tiles, please nominate quickly.

sings.gif  hsdance.gif  MusicBand.gif  dance.gif  claps.gif

Nominate a tile here in this thread.

The details:
[*]Choose ONE post started you'd like to nominate from the month of JUNE. *You can do this by utilizing our 'sort by topic start date' function located at the bottom of each forum's page display and then look for the topic start date when making your nomination.  detective.gif
[*]Make sure your nomination was started in the month of JUNE.
[*]State the tile's title, author and forum in your reply.
[*]Eligible forums:
Herme's Homilies, Seren's Synapse, Plato's Pearls of Wisdom, Angkor Wat Accolades, Stonehenge, Loch Ness & Mosaic Scrolls.
[*]HINT: Poems can be found in Herme's & Seren's starting on Page 4 when you sort the forums by TOPIC START DATE in DESCENDING order.

Nominations will be taken through December 15th, 2005.

Good luck all! king.gif  cheer.gif
Thank you for helping to build the Mosaic! lovie.gif  dance.gif

Mosaic Musings Staff  knight.gif cali.gif  Pharoah.gif  Viking.gif  tut.gif  troy.gif  vic.gif :roman: knight.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 21 05, 06:43
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

We are extending the nominations through Dec 15th.

If you'd like to see this change to a volunteer-type of process, please send me a PM.

thanks.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Nov 21 05, 07:32
Post #3

Hi Lori

I think you may need to explain in a bit more detail what a volunteer-type process is because I for one have no idea what you mean.

Thanks

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 21 05, 09:13
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Nina.  sun.gif

thanks.gif for asking.

I've been pondering whether or not to continue the Member Choice nomination & awards process. If you look at the history of this award,  the feedback is fairly minimal as a dedicated handful or two participate every month.

Some of the comments I've received in the past indicated a 'burden' to a small extent with regard to going back prior months and weeding through the tiles posted in each crit forum to make a nomination.  Now that we've recently changed the posting rules from every 3 days to every 2 days, I fear this may burden those who participate even more.

And the polling is always so hard, since every post is deserving of special recognition IMHO.  cloud9.gif

I would to get some feedback on continuing this award. Should we do a poll asking the members if they'd like to continue nominations?

Any post can always be nomintated for the Faery and Crown Jewel awards in its place?

Your thoughts are most appreciated!
~Cleo  Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Nov 21 05, 09:32
Post #5

Hi Lori

I think it does sometimes take quite a while to go thru all the posts and read them. But I also have to admit that once I get down to it I really enjoy re-reading things I had almost forgotten. So, as usual, I am sitting on the fence  :reindeer:

Fran

Guest_Toumai_*
post Nov 21 05, 09:35
Post #6

I should also have said that it does bother me that so few members vote (let alone nominate favourite pieces). However, I think the bredth of the selections (albeit only picked by a few of us) is amazing - very illustrative of the different styles and ideas we express on MM.
F

Ephiny
post Nov 21 05, 10:27
Post #7

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41

Hello Lori wave.gif

I agree with Fran that it's always fun to go back through a month's selection of things and re-read old favourites..I really like the Member's Choice award,  it's always interesting to see the selection of nominations, especially since the changes.

I's sorry I didn't participate for a while..and also have to thank Fran for nominating my piece last month. sun.gif   I have been ill and haven't been here for a good while but hope to make up for that now!!

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Nov 22 05, 20:45
Post #8

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Cleo ! sun.gif

I would like to nominate JunieMoon's poem "The Long Walk Home", at

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=4369

I love the imagery and originality, I also hope you'll find her Revision 1, as it's further down the page.

That sudden glimpse of lamp light
erased all sense of time.
Bewitched by that blessed sight
I left the frozen night behind.

This last stanza has wonderful movement in it, great use of time and an almost mythical ring to it. Beautiful !

Hugs,
Sylvia  :dove:

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Nov 23 05, 11:57
Post #9

I would like to nominate 'In Light Thereof' by Cleo posted
in Herme's.

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=4403

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 24 05, 18:20
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Lucie. galadriel.gif

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. chilly.gif

I like the bumping back of tiles from previous months to give them a fresh read. Read.gif

Hope to see you soon Lucie (and perhaps Stephen too?) .  sun.gif

Syvia - I enjoyed JunieMoon's piece - a great nomination! TY!

Cathy - Gosh.  blush21.gif  Thanks so much for nominating my poem. arwen.gif

Cheers!
~Cleo  shepherd.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 24 05, 18:26
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I would like to nominate Eisa's Perpetual Glory in Seren's Synapse:

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=4370

Good luck.
~Cleo :)

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Nov 24 05, 21:35
Post #12

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Nov. 24 2005, 20:26)
I would like to nominate Eisa's Perpetual Glory in Seren's Synapse:

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=4370

Good luck.
~Cleo :)

Hey, I second that nomination, Cleo !! I also love Eisa's Perpetual Glory. I believe I was the one who asked you to award her the Faëry plaque...  :cloud9:

Beautiful piece !!  :sun:

Hugs to all,

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Nov 24 05, 21:48
Post #13

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Fran, hi Ephiny, hi Cleo !!  :sun:

I'm so sorry you weren't well lately, Ephiny. I hope you're doing OK now and ready to share some more of your beautiful poetry with us at MM.

I also agree with Fran & Ephiny & Cleo that it's great to re-read pieces after some time has gone by. It's actually one of the things I most enjoy doing !!
I hope the monthly Noms continue and that more people join in.

I suggest sending PM's to people who've been nominated, else they often don't find out until the voting is done. That might also encourage them to join in the nomination of other poets. A lot of members, myself included, still have a hard time finding their way around MM, and a little prompting might help.

Just an idea !   turtle.gif  :snail:

Hugs to all, also to Nina and Cathy,

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Nov 25 05, 01:05
Post #14

Hi Lori

I would like to nominate:

Settlers by Psyche, posted in Serens

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=4405

Nina

Psyche
post Nov 26 05, 11:30
Post #15

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Hi Cleo !!  :sun:

I'd like to nominate Arnie's poem Four Old Women located at:

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=4350

I think the imagery is fantastic, and it's highly original. Great use of vocabulary.

Hugs,

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 30 05, 06:15
Post #16

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

thanks.gif Nina and Sylvia!

Snowman.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 9 05, 06:41
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

bump.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 15 05, 18:13
Post #18

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Looks like we have 5 noms so far..

Any last minutes noms? Please post your here.

thanks.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Dec 15 05, 19:18
Post #19

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

HI Guys,

I could've swore I nominated for this already. It must have been for something else... Anywho..

Here's my nomination! :)

Uninvited Guests - Huitian By Heartsong

I edited my nomination, because my original nomination was Four Old woman by By Arnie, I thought quite well written -- A poem done very well. However, I've changed it to Uninvited Guests by Heartsong, because someone had already nominated Four Old Woman, which I suppose I can throw in a second nomination for that... but to fair... I've chosen my second at hand. Both are too lovely to choose from! :)

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post Dec 16 05, 05:12
Post #20

Hi Lori

Sorry, I had let this slip past me, too blush21.gif

I would like to nominate Grace's (Cybele's) Northwest Passage in Seren's:

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=4532

Fran

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 18:54

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: