Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

vic.gif Calling all writers of the Mosaic! Viking.gif

As mentioned previously (see Nero's News), we have incorporated a change to the "Members Choice" tile of style nomination process. While our staff recently assumed the role of nominating tiles for the NEW Moderator Choice Award, we'd like to hand off the nomination process for the Member Choice monthlies to you.  sun.gif

What do I do as a member?
Simple. Post ONE thread that you'd like to nominate started in DECEMBER to be voted upon. Duplicate nominations accepted. We can only poll a max of 15 tiles, please nominate quickly.

sings.gif  hsdance.gif  MusicBand.gif  dance.gif  claps.gif

Nominate a tile here in this thread.

The details:
[*]Choose ONE post started you'd like to nominate from the month of DECEMBER. *You can do this by utilizing our 'sort by topic start date' function located at the bottom of each forum's page display and then look for the topic start date when making your nomination.  detective.gif
[*]Make sure your nomination was started in the month of DECEMBER.
[*]State the tile's title, author and forum in your reply.
[*]Eligible forums:
Homer's Homilies, Socrate's Synapse, Plato's Pearls of Wisdom, Angkor Wat Accolades, Stonehenge, Loch Ness & Mosaic Scrolls.

Nominations will be taken through May 14th, 2005.

Good luck all! king.gif  cheer.gif
Thank you for helping to build the Mosaic! lovie.gif  dance.gif

Mosaic Musings Staff  knight.gif cali.gif  Pharoah.gif  Viking.gif  tut.gif  troy.gif  vic.gif :roman: knight.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Cathy_*
post Apr 28 05, 14:07
Post #2

I would like to nominate Nightwinds by Orion, posted Dec 10, 2004
in Homer's.

Nightwinds
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3095

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 29 05, 05:35
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks Cathy!

I must choose a tile myself this weekend....

CHeers! cheer.gif

~Cleo cool.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Apr 29 05, 06:12
Post #4

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 39
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Larry Carr

Lori,
How do you access postings prior to 1/2005?  I cannot access anything from December.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Apr 29 05, 06:36
Post #5

Hi John,

Lori's off-line so maybe I can help?

I assume you mean the poems posted in the previous two poetry forums?

What happened this new year is that we ended the two original poetry forums (Homer's and Socrates') and replaced them with two new ones (Herme's and Seren's).

All poems posted prior to 2005 remain in the original forums. You may consult them and reply to them. (Though any new poems must be entered in either Herme's or Seren's).

To access the original forums, simply go to Poetry (either via the index page or the forum-jump facility) and then select Homer's or Socrates‘. I could place a link here but I think it would be better if people became used to using the proper navigation because, when this tile is lost, they will still be able to find all the poetry.

Hope that helps?

If I have your question wrong or you'd like further info, please give me a shout.

All the best, James.

NB: If anyone wants a previously critted poem (in the old forums) re-critted, the best thing is to freshly post the poem in the appropriate current forum (Herme's or Seren's) but mention that the poem was previously critted and provide a link (if you can) or, at least, say which forum the original crits are to be found in and the original posting date. Please take account of previous crits before re-posting in this way, though. Thank you.

JLY
post Apr 29 05, 06:52
Post #6

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Thanks James, I shall give it a try.
JLY

·······IPB·······

Give thanks for your new friends of today, but never forget the warm hugs of your yesterdays.

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Apr 29 05, 11:22
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 22

My nomination for December goes to

Sailor
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3098

by JJ
in Homer’s

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

JLY
post Apr 29 05, 11:58
Post #8

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

I would like to nominate:

Huddled In A Doorway by Nina
posted in Homers on 12/24/04

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3158

JLY

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 30 05, 07:03
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I would like to nominate:

In-Flamed Trance by larrysgirl5548 in Socrates Synapse

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3086

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Imhotep
post Apr 30 05, 07:07
Post #10

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Member No.: 14
Writer of: Newbie to Writing
Referred By:Lori

For December, I nominate:

Toumai's "Rebellion" in Stonehenge

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3074

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

Guest_Cathy_*
post Apr 30 05, 09:22
Post #11

Thank you Cleo ... I am honored!

Cathy sun.gif

Ephiny
post Apr 30 05, 09:43
Post #12

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41

Hello everyone!

Could I nominate Jayjay's "Dancing at the Crossroad"?  It is in Homer's dance.gif

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3075

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 30 05, 14:34
Post #13

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks Lucie and you're welcome Cathy! hsdance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Toumai_*
post May 1 05, 01:38
Post #14

Peter, Thank you very much.

Lori, I would like to nominate "Moonlit Duet for One" by Jox in Homer's because it sent shivers up my spine the first time I read it and I still find that on re-reading it.
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....07;st=0

Fran

Guest_Jox_*
post May 1 05, 03:30
Post #15

Hi all,

Fran, thank you very much for your nomination - more so for your comments.

Well, at the risk of this seeming like a mutual appreciation society between Toumai and myself - I luv your avatar, darling - I was intending to nominate a work of her's. I considered, in the light of her nomination of my poem, that perhaps I should not. However, as I always try to nominate the work which I think the best, If I’m to remain honest, I think I have no choice but to go ahead. (Mind you, this is clearly not a "fix" because I'm weakening my chances - and her's with the work which Peter nominated. So I suppose I ought to apologise - sorry for possibly splitting your vote Fran!)

In any case, this poem, above almost all others I know, deserves re-reading by all, so at least this brings it back to our attention.

Here are a couple of comments from my original crit (which are still there):

This is superb. I’ll tell you this, Fran: it’s a really good thing that you’re not a poet, else many of us would have to improve quite a lot to keep up.

There is not a line I couldn’t rave over here. (and, as everyone on MM knows, I am raving).

Anyway, for me, December brought this excellent, moving and wonderful poem... I simply think it one of the best poems I've ever read...

Digital Perception

Guest_Toumai_*
post May 1 05, 08:18
Post #16

James,

Well, what can I say ? ... Dahling, thank you, and I luv your poem, too.  lovie.gif

Oh dear.  LOL.gif

December had some excellent postings - I love (luv?) all the noms so far, so I'm honoured that you picked one of mine.  cloud9.gif

Cheers,

Fan

Cleo_Serapis
post May 7 05, 12:09
Post #17

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

So far, we've received EIGHT nominations - a wonderful mix of writers and styles...

Cheers to all!
Cleo cheer.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post May 7 05, 14:08
Post #18

Hi Lori

This is one thread I seem to have missed trying to catch up on the last few weeks.

JLY - Thank you very much for nominating one of my poems.

I'd like to nominate

Fran's  "Cattle Truck" in Homer's a poem that stayed with me a long time after I'd read it.
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/cgi-bin....;t=3111

Cleo_Serapis
post May 8 05, 06:52
Post #19

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks Nina...

That makes 9 noms...

:pharoah2

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post May 13 05, 05:32
Post #20

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Noms will end Saturday night - any additional ones - please post here..

Thanks in advance!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:37

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: