Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> The winner of our 2nd annual MMHC is..., CONGRATS Cathy!
Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 19 05, 11:42
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

The Winner of our Second annual Mosaic Musings Holiday Classic has been chosen!  holly.gif  dove.gif  blueorn.gif

Here is what the Sollars family would like to say (and I must say, what an original way to say this):

A direct quote as follows from Butch aka Charon.....

Once again all the entries were wonderful, it seemed a cowboy theme thundered through a few of them, which we enjoyed, especially living out here in the nation’s mid-section.

The first one eliminated was A Red-Neck Christmas.  Having lived in the South, Tennessee and Mississippi, I could identify with the chitin’s, chicken, biscuits and gravy.  However the rest of family just couldn’t understand why anyone would eat a cute little squirrel, let alone a nasty ole possum.

A Promise Kept was the next one eliminated, after lengthy discussion.  It was decided the wagon just had too big a load to pull, what with the child and the promises.  As some promises are just too big to bear – at times.

The next to be eliminated was perfectly named as Tis the Season and therefore a joyous occasion.  We were looking for fun and frolic-y this year, and this one was rich with homage.  My personal favorite, but alas I am only one vote.

Woe is me, was The Lament of Mrs. Claus.  She gave us chuckles and made us smile, pity the poor woman she finished in third.

The next two were tossed back and forth, the Mrs. having lived in the Lone Star state for a short time took a shining to the Texas Christmas Tree.  

And my kids tell me that I am guilty of being too melancholy when I Cherish the Old-Fashioned Christmas.  We talked and debated, and talked some more, and decided the winner was with us all the time.  

For even the smallest and youngest of us, just as well as one and all, we do - Cherish the Old-Fashioned Christmas - and wish for more.

Thank you to all the writers and poets who submitted their entries.  Once again they have brightened our days and have given us a bit of a chuckle.  xmas.gif

We wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Season Greetings, and a Happy New Year.

The Sollars Family

CONGRATULATIONS to Cathy Bollhoefer aka Cathy for winning our second MMHC! May your holidays be memorable...   Reindeer.gif  Snowflake.gif

~Cleo  xmaswindow.gif  xmas.gif

CONGRATS TO CATHY for her winning entry, "Cherish The Old-Fashioned Christmas" in our second annual Mosaic Musings Holiday Classic!  cheer.gif

Cherish The Old-Fashioned Christmas

As silver bells jingle, Ole Kris Kringle
regales his tales of Christmas past;
when townsfolk gathered to intermingle
with heartfelt spirit unsurpassed.

His task was easy; door-to-door by joe,
but ease of passage did not last.
The King stumbled on toy, stubbed his big toe,
thereon, Kris was labeled Outcast.

The first year Kris tried to chim-chiminey,
still bright eager flames danced below;
he scurried back up with clinging debris,
his rear-end a pulsating glow.

Out on the rooftop he wriggled and slid,
plopped his fanny into the snow;
he'd loosened a shingle which caused his skid,
spewed words that were NOT - Ho! Ho! Ho!

His dear pal Rudolph had to help; alas,
poor ol' Kris loudly moaned and groaned,
he carefully stood there clinging to ass -
urance that he wasn't de-throned.

Now over the years some things have improved,
flame-proof suits leave him worry-free ...
but best ... online shopping, credit approved,
and delivery - COD.

Cathy Bollhoefer
copyright Oct2005

WELL DONE! HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL!  holly.gif  dove.gif  blueorn.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Cleo_Serapis   The winner of our 2nd annual MMHC is...   Dec 19 05, 11:42
- - Peterpan   Congratulations from Peterpan presently on the Sou...   Dec 19 05, 14:11
- - Toumai               Congrats on your holiday winner, Cat...   Dec 19 05, 14:26
- - Blank_Canvas   Congratulations Cathy. A wonderful entry and a wel...   Dec 19 05, 14:38
- - JLY   Cathy, Congratulations. Your winning entry is extr...   Dec 19 05, 14:39
- - Nefertiti   Congrats Cathy!  I'm so happy for you...   Dec 19 05, 21:24
- - Cathy   Oh my gosh!  I can't believe it!! ...   Dec 19 05, 23:19
- - Nina   Congratulations Cathy I'm very pleased you wo...   Dec 20 05, 00:35
- - Jox   Hi, Firstly, congrats to everyone who took part -...   Dec 20 05, 07:59
- - Cathy   Thanks Nina! You are the one person who would...   Dec 20 05, 09:46
- - Cathy   Hi James, Firstly, congrats to everyone who took ...   Dec 20 05, 09:48
- - Aggiel   Cathy, Congratulations on your win. Aggiel   Dec 21 05, 12:26
- - circumsolar   Well Done, Cathy - just saw this and read your ent...   Dec 21 05, 16:09
- - Cathy   Thank you Aggiel and circumsolar!  I appreciat...   Dec 21 05, 17:25
- - AMETHYST   Congratulations Cathy! It is a wonderful poem an...   Dec 21 05, 18:07
- - Cathy   Thanks Liz!         Dec 21 05, 20:39
- - Psyche   Congratulations, Cathy, on your wonderful piece ...   Dec 23 05, 22:13
- - Cathy   Thank you Sylvia!         Dec 25 05, 00:41
- - Arnfinn   CONGRATULATIONS CATHY Well penned an...   Dec 3 06, 03:35
- - Cathy   Thank you John!   Dec 8 06, 10:09

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 19:10

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: