post Jul 8 07, 13:30
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

I'd like to nominate Michelle's All the Wile currently posted in Herme's Homilies for critique. I enjoyed the fresh subject, word choices and form very much and would like to see this one achieve a wider audience.

Cheers
~Cleo woodstock.gif

All the Wile by Michelle

By day they masquerade in saccharine smiles
while feigning pleasantries. With practiced guile
they plant their schemes and brazenly parade
in saccharine smiles. By day, they masquerade.

When sunlight rests, those imps and fiends convene
unmasked, to dance a dervish round their Queen
Malevolence. They act on her behest,
those imps-- and fiends convene when sunlight rests.

With spouting sparks they sharpen trident spears
to prod when whispers fail to hold an ear.
Licentious prater permeates the dark.
They sharpen trident spears with spouting sparks.

Before I knew the sun, I romped at night
by firelight. Then, privy to their rites,
my shriveled heart was black yet weighed a ton;
I romped at night before I knew the sun.

Beware of covert brotherhoods and pacts,
of accusations made without the facts.
The average person dozes unaware
of covert brotherhoods and pacts. Beware!

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Cleo_Serapis   July 2007 IBPC Nominations   Jul 8 07, 13:30
- - Cleo_Serapis   I'd like to nominate If... by Judi currently p...   Jul 8 07, 13:40
|- - Judi   QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Jul 8 07, 14:40 ) I...   Jul 8 07, 13:56
- - AMETHYST   Judi requested that I put in her nomination for Ja...   Jul 10 07, 20:34
- - Michelle   The Captive by Nada Lott We crouched upon the for...   Jul 12 07, 09:58
- - AMETHYST   Hi Michelle - This is an excellent nomination...   Jul 12 07, 12:23
- - Peterpan   Thank you for the trip into blissful youth! W...   Jul 12 07, 12:44
- - Cleo_Serapis   I think this is wonderful piece - Eric conveys the...   Jul 14 07, 07:16
- - Nada Lott   Thank you very much, ladies, for the encouragement...   Jul 15 07, 07:51
- - Cleo_Serapis   Thanks Mary for your reply. I'll make a note i...   Jul 15 07, 08:01
- - Cleo_Serapis   I really enjoyed this poem and the metaphors withi...   Jul 15 07, 10:58
- - Cleo_Serapis   I'd like to nominate 'Tricolor Pride' ...   Jul 15 07, 13:41
- - Michelle   You know Mary, I understand completely. This poe...   Jul 15 07, 21:44
- - Nada Lott   Thanks for your understanding, Michelle. The Faer...   Jul 16 07, 07:58
- - Cathy   Are you the original author of this poem? Yes Ha...   Jul 16 07, 08:17
|- - Judi   "Congratulations, Cathy, I know how deeply t...   Jul 18 07, 14:55
|- - Cathy   QUOTE (Judi @ Jul 18 07, 15:55 ) "Co...   Jul 29 07, 10:50
- - Cleo_Serapis   Jan has asked us to defer this one for the moment....   Jul 21 07, 08:10
- - Cathy   Thanks all! I appreciate your votes and the f...   Jul 29 07, 10:52
- - AMETHYST   Congratulations Cathy - The poem is beautiful and ...   Jul 29 07, 15:22
- - Cleo_Serapis   Congrats Cathy and best of luck in the comp! ...   Jul 29 07, 16:42
- - AMETHYST   Congratulations Eric ... Good Luck in the IBPC ...   Jul 29 07, 22:55
- - AMETHYST   Congratulations Michelle, Yipppeee! Good Lu...   Jul 29 07, 22:56
- - Cleo_Serapis   Congrats Eric and best of luck in the IBPC comp...   Jul 30 07, 05:09
- - Cleo_Serapis   Congrats Michelle and best of luck in the IBPC com...   Jul 30 07, 05:10
- - Michelle   I am so surprised and elated! Thank you both,...   Jul 30 07, 19:44
- - Michelle   Congratulations! This is one of my favorites....   Jul 30 07, 19:49
- - Michelle   Congratulations! This is a good poem filled wi...   Jul 30 07, 19:54
- - Cathy   Thank you much Liz, Lori, and Michelle! Cathy   Jul 31 07, 08:00
- - Cleo_Serapis   Thanks for the clarification Cathy! I'll ...   Aug 1 07, 05:49

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:22

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: