Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hepta Crown challenge, Seven Polygramatic poems anyone?
Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 1 05, 06:53
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi all. wave.gif

Don has inspired me to create a new challenge. He is curently undertaking a challenge outside of MM to:

Create 98 lines of iambic pentameter.  I will be entering a challenge external to MM for seven, subject-connected sonnets.

Some ideas include;
the seven wonders of the ancient world  Pharoah.gif
the seven deadly sins  devil.gif
the seven heavenly virtues angel.gif
the seven contrary virtues  cloud9.gif
the seven days of the week  rainbow.gif
Seven decades: changes in technology, people, things :termie:
The seven ages of Man  wolf.gif
The Seven Seas Fish.gif
Seven seasons of Star Trek TNG, DS9 etc...  borg.gif

Here is my challenge to you:

Write SEVEN FIXED FORM or FREE VERSE poems (your choice, either use seven different forms or use ONE form seven times) that MUST connect (string together) your subject matter. One need not think of a seven topic string (as listed above). You can pick any topic as long as they are connected in each poem, e.g. writing instruments, flowers, kitchen utensils. Some poetic form ideas: Cinquain, Rictameter, Swap Quatrain, Haiku, Sonnet, Villanelle, Kyrielle, Nonet, Rondeau.

LET THE HEPTA-CROWN BEGIN!

UPDATE 05 AUG:
Please ADD NEW TOPIC thread with your contribution(s) and title it Hepta Crown Response by 'x'.....

Good Luck! :block:
~Cleo  king.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 1 05, 09:32
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Edited  challenge to include FREE VERSE/FREE FORM poems too....

For free verse as an idea only - why not try to write each poem as HEPTAMETER (7 lines)?

:)

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Aug 5 05, 05:45
Post #3

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Shouldn't the responses really be posted separately... so we can FIND them? ... as Grace did?  Whatcha think?

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Aug 5 05, 06:34
Post #4

I think I was trying to save space I guess.  I'll remember
that the next time.

Cathy

Guest_Nina_*
post Aug 5 05, 07:01
Post #5

Hi Daniel, Grace

Shouldn't the responses really be posted separately... so we can FIND them? ... as Grace did?  Whatcha think?

They should probably all be posted in this thread.  I know Lori doesn't like separate postings except for the Pandora challenges and ten times challenges and Flash-Jams.

Nina

JustDaniel
post Aug 5 05, 08:27
Post #6

Ornate Oracle

I guess I understand that, but it took me 15 minutes to find Cathy's posting.  I know you guys have NO idea what it's like to be a  tediously slow reader [once I get past maybe 10 or 12 lines; my concentration on focus literally blurs EVERYTHING] because of dyslexia, but honestly it keeps me out of many of the threads, simply because I can't wade through them without severe frustration.  I would appreciate all of your reconsideration of this.  Wading through responses to each one's entry makes this horrifyingly cumbersome... for me.

Hey, I'm just one person, I know.  But I honestly don't see how this is any different from Pandora Challenge.  It works well there, and I can at least find things.

Thanks at least for reading of my difficulties.

more than sLightly frustrated, Daniel  turtle.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 5 05, 08:37
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nina @ Aug. 05 2005, 08:01)
Hi Daniel, Grace

They should probably all be posted in this thread.  I know Lori doesn't like separate postings except for the Pandora challenges and ten times challenges and Flash-Jams.

Nina

Hi Daniel, Nina et al. wave.gif

WHile my initial idea was to have all responses in this thread:

Please REPLY to THIS thread with your contribution(s)

on further reflection it makes sense to have them be separate threads.

Here's my proposal: If all responded to this challenge already can go into this forum and create a new post (like Cybele), title it Hepta Crown response by 'x' where 'x' is your member name I can then back into THIS thread and delete the posts. I'll also add any comments to the appropriate new thread. I will then LOCK this tile so no new posts can happen.

I away for another day but will attend to this tomorrow. In the meantime, can you all spread the word please of my request above?  :cheer:

THANKS!
Lori  :pharoah:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Aug 5 05, 08:47
Post #8

Ornate Oracle

Thank you very much, Lori...

and a further note, just as a corrective for an earlier suggestion you made:

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Aug. 01 2005, 10:32)

For free verse as an idea only - why not try to write each poem as HEPTAMETER (7 lines)? :)

Lori, I think you'll recall that heptameter [<----link] refers to seven feet rather than seven lines.  

One might consider, however, writing septolet [<----link] or

diamante [<----link]

for fruther Light, Daniel  :sun:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 6 05, 12:32
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Aug. 05 2005, 09:47)
Thank you very much, Lori...

and a further note, just as a corrective for an earlier suggestion you made:

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Aug. 01 2005, 10:32)

For free verse as an idea only - why not try to write each poem as HEPTAMETER (7 lines)? :)

Lori, I think you'll recall that heptameter [<----link] refers to seven feet rather than seven lines.  

One might consider, however, writing septolet [<----link] or

diamante [sun.gif

Oops!  :upside:  :oops: Oo.gif

Thx Daniel!

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 9 05, 05:24
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

~bumping we go~
hsdance.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:45

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: