JaxMyth
post Dec 30 08, 08:05
Post #1

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 408
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:IBPC participant list

Drab-olive water dimples. It is the slack on low water. Boats fret and jerk at their moorings. Gulls squabble. The trees pulse a cicada tinnitus that dulls the burble of the oyster punts. The sun becomes heavy and I move my arm off the balcony rail and onto the table. You smile and I smile. The Veuve Clicquot tastes like velvet toast.

slack water
a cicada shell
spirals slowly

Dessert. You have chosen zabaglione. I fuss with the menu, and choose what I always choose. You laugh, softly. Annoyed, I look out past the glints sliding across the flats. There, asleep in the mud, tenders, clinker-built and unemployed, dream. A fresh tang of salt cuts through decay and the mad run of the flood tide has begun. “Look!” I point. “Glad tidings ready to slap those tenders awake.” You reach, glide your hand across my cheek and whisper: “I’m more than me!”

flood tide
the mangroves walk into deeper water

·······IPB·······

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Peterpan
post Dec 31 08, 04:20
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 127
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Jox

Hi - I have always enjoyed your writings.

This leaves me with a warm feeling inside. A contentment, shared.

Thank you.

Happy New Year!

Bev

PS
We are coming over to Perth in April and to dive at The Great Barrier Reef for two weeks.

·······IPB·······

May the angels guide your light.

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jan 2 09, 20:33
Post #3

Jaxmyth, I enjoyed your word picture very, very much. Warm and inviting, realistic, a calm soothing blam of oil laid on a rough sea.
Steve

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 18 09, 15:01
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

A very lovely image - the Haibun is a perfect complement to the first narrative, Jan. I can feel the movement through your imagery.

On the second, did you wish to have a third line of this: into deeper water

Glad to read your work again!
~Cleo

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_rdmii_*
post Jan 20 09, 06:32
Post #5

Lovely. All I could really say is that it feels a little top heavy. The whole piece is excellent, but the opening is so richly textured that when you return to the paragraph form the second time it feels more prosaic (meaning resembling not benign) than it actually is. I do love the ambiguity and implication of the last stanza though.

Arnfinn
post Jan 21 09, 04:49
Post #6

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17
Writer of: Poetry

Hello, Jan.

I enjoyed your poem.

You and your friend could have been dinning anywhere, but not Sydney harbour. I'll take a punt (excuse the pun) around Gosford or the Hawkesbury River.

pinkpanther.gif minniemouse.gif

I also like the way you set out your poem.

Makes a very easy read, mate. claps.gif

Regards,

John troy.gif

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 14:10

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: