> Times 10 challenge, Sapphires Short story
Rhymer
post Nov 7 20, 08:13
Post #301

Trojan

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 1,150
Writer of: Poetry

It would seem the Squawk of the electoral losers, demonstrates the Drama of the recent election. Maybe a few States will celebrate with Popcorn whilst others, for which the election resembled the watching Russian Roulette, ran as smoothly as Skateboarding on an open road. Having glimpsed a sneak view of a Teleprompter, that seemed to display a different outcome, seeking Asylum might be a wise decision for those who fraudulently, tried to sabotage the result? All to no avail! Regarded purely as mere Dross, as found frequently in any election! Nevertheless, for long months, the world has watched this Drama - a comic opera as some think - played out. Raising ire and ill feelings, there’s yet more posturing and flak to come I fear before someone puts a Dragline out for the present incumbent, and removes him and his Drivel for good. Perhaps then, the successful Presidential winner can get on with much needed business! Rhymer.

squawk
teleprompter
dragline
drivel
dross
Recumbent
Entourage
Flak
Parades
Mallet

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
JustDaniel
post Nov 7 20, 11:26
Post #302

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 6
Referred By:Lori

squawk
teleprompter
drivel
parade
entourage
mallet
dross
flak
recumbent
dragline

There is indeed a lot of SQUAWK on the news with the anchors having difficulty following the constantly changing TELEPROMPTER, spouting out all kinds of partisan DRIVEL with no attempt at not taking sides. It's amazing in light of the fact that just under half of the country voted for the current President, who, though he is likely to lose, has a huge ENTOURAGE following him and who would love to get in a PARADE on his behalf. It's amazing how that large of a following can be totally dismissed by the news media, as though he is nothing. I think they need to have a MALLET applied to their heads to wake them up for spouting all their DROSS and FLAK. The President is simply not taking all of this with a RECUMBENT posture, especially since there has clearly been a lot of illegal activity, even if it is not totally responsible for his loss. Other elections will be taking place in the future, and these disparities need to be cleared up in advance of them, especially for the runoff elections in Georgia coming in January for the two Senators. The only DRAGLINE that seems necessary would be one used to remove many of the media's anchors, who are quite a drag indeed.

recumbent
entourage
flak
parades
mallet
idiocy
partisan
pallet
disproportionate
piecemeal

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 7 20, 12:38
Post #303

Trojan

The election with its balderdash and brouhaha - for many, Idiocy to say the least - is finally over! Those Partisan Entourage parades that held the headlines for months are now Recumbent and redundant. Although they were not Disproportionate for their importance, should the numerous Piecemeal displays from supporters be loaded on a Pallet, and cowed by the applications of a Mallet? Chances are, the sound of Flak from those cast out of office, would be silenced too,! Rhymer.

idiocy
partisan
pallet
disproportionate
piecemeal
Starlight
Cantankerous
Pacifistic
Litigious
Religious

JustDaniel
post Nov 7 20, 15:17
Post #304

Ornate Oracle

partisan
idiocy
disporportionate
religious
cantankerous
piecemeal
starlight
pallets
litigious

PARTISAN IDIOCY on the part of newscasters with their DISPROPORTIONATE, almost RELIGIOUS, CANTANKEROUS, daily slamming of President Trump with their PIECEMEAL, fake PACIFIC tone, looking down their nose at him likely resulted in the turning of the electorate somewhat against him, but only by a couple of percentage points -- just the amount that Biden "won" by! What a surprise!

At least from now on we can go outside at night and appreciate the STARLIGHT, sitting on the pile of PALLETS in our back yard. I'm not one of the LITIGIOUS ones, but they have their appropriate part in the follow-up of this election, to prevent some of what happened in this election, in future elections.

starlight
cantankerous
pacifistic
litigious
religious
erroneous
one-sided
duck blind
shooting range
target practice

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Nov 7 20, 15:32
Post #305

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:David Ting

QUOTE (Rhymer) *
The election with its balderdash and brouhaha - for many, Idiocy to say the least - is finally over! Those Partisan Entourage parades that held the headlines for months are now Recumbent and redundant. Although they were not Disproportionate for their importance, should the numerous Piecemeal displays from supporters be loaded on a Pallet, and cowed by the applications of a Mallet? Chances are, the sound of Flak from those cast out of office, would be silenced too,! Rhymer.

idiocy
partisan
pallet
disproportionate
piecemeal
Starlight
Cantankerous
Pacifistic
Litigious
Religious
[/size]

pacifist
idiocy
religious
starfish
playing Rugby
Laguna Negra (high up in the cordillera de los Andes)
white collar
tramp

Idiocy is usual among many artists to paint beautiful watercolours.
Under brilliant starlit skies they were neither [size=5]cantankerous
nor pacifist, but I know that they are against all religions

Some of them were playing Rugby
against[/color]] Australia and won with a total of about 57 tries, corners, scrums or whatever.
They now have to face a fierce challenge. I wish I could fly over to be in the grandstand, preferably in the front row.
The Rugbiers flew over to Argentina and decided they wanted to climb the mountain to view the [b]Laguna Negra[/b], which is high up, touching the clouds. It was tough, but being rugbiers they were in good shape, so they made it to the top. They met
on the way up, who took it on as his comradeship to be their guide. This tramp was also good at snowboarding.
They enjoyed the adventure so much that when they returned they threw on outdoor reading party and ended up enjoying T.S. Eliot. What a change, nobody expected rugbiers to be interested in great literature, but there 'tis. They were mostly white collar men.
All the President's Men threw an outdoor party but after a while it started to rain. They laughed and had fun Dancing in the Rain, but after a while the downpour was so ferocious that they rushed indoors, soaking wet.
They were definetly sorry that they hadn't chosen to fly over to Isla Providencia instead. It really turned out to be a fiasco decision. They felt humbled in that situation.
A long time ago, I was roaming around in the Atacama Altiplano when I spotted a tiger. I thought these animals were only native to India, Africa, Arabia and so on. Could I be seeing a vision?
I decided right away that I was not going to be brainwashed by some high profile psychiatrist, so I simply moved to another town and never told a soul. Shrinks are not my "thing" so mercy on me if I ever end up in a nursing home for crazies like me.

tramp
white collar
Laguna Negra
pacifist
cantankerous
Isla Providencia (belongs to Ecuador)
All the President's Men
snow boarding
T.S.Eliot
Dancing in the Rain

[color="#3333FF"][/color]

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 7 20, 15:46
Post #306

Trojan

Whoops! Not sure of what next?

I find only 8 words, Sylvia. Have/are the rules been changed and I've missed a posting or two?

Please advise. . B-B-B. (Bewitched bothered and bewildered!) Lol. Rhymer.

Suddenly! Eureka! As if by magic another - much later - posting appears! So here goes nothing. Nothing ventured, nothing gained....etc.!

tramp
white collar
Laguna Negra
pacifist
cantankerous
All the President's Men
snow boarding
T.S.Eliot
Dancing in the Rain

With Jubilation in the Democrat camp - with some Members seen dancing in the Rain, seemingly, many of the President’s Cantankerous men have vanished! Some to Isla Provifentia, to go Snow Boarding, whilst others? White Collar workers mostly, vanished in the Laguna Negra region to join a Pacifist Tramp who, with a T.S. Eliot book tucked under his arm, sought relief - as do many - from the clap-trap cacophony of losers crying Fraud! Rhymer.

All the President's Men
snow boarding
T.S.Eliot
Dancing in the Rain
Fraud
Sigmund Freud
Wordsworth
Mexico
Banshee

Rhymer
post Nov 7 20, 16:07
Post #307

Trojan

[size="5"
pacifist
idiocy
religious
starfish
playing Rugby
white collar
tramp.
Added by me - Rhymer.
Fugitive
Trekking

I was trekking slowly and carefully towards Laguna Negra - The Black Lake as some might know it,when suddenly, seemingly from nowhere, a Tramp - wearing a White Collar and a coat with a Starfish motif suddenly appeared! I, in a moment of Idiocy asked of him “Have you been Playing Rugby, or have perhaps thrown out of a Religious or Pacifist group to which you were a member? His reply was swift and succinct. Neither! I’m merely a fugitive Advisor from the
American Presidential Election. Being a Pollster who was planted in the Biden camp to sabotage the result, he was now seeking a safe house! Some hope! Rhymer.

white collar
tramp.
Fugitive
Trekking
Safe House
Festival
Shareholders
Postage
Jubilation

I have no idea as to what is or has gone awry on the site/topic as these words were missing . Computer - mine: site: Gremlins? These were my next batch of words. Hopefully not too late - took three tries to get them in here as an Edit. Rhymer

[/size][color="#3333FF"][/color]

JustDaniel
post Nov 7 20, 23:04
Post #308

Ornate Oracle

Hmmm.... oh, never mind then. Bye.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 8 20, 11:52
Post #309

Trojan

I sometimes wonder if there is a time lag taking over on this MM site? I wonder if - at times - there is a glitch in my computer, and then I connect to MM on another, but still nothing is seen to be changed. I get the same screen. Then later, often after I have written and posted my offering, I suddenly find there is a new - sometimes two postings now visible which never showed up before. Maybe the site can no longer handle fast paced postings? Something sure goes amiss at times. Or so it seems?

It appears at times, that the site cannot handle several postings that quickly follow one another? The colour scheme does not help (me) either.

Just me sounding off perhaps, but there are postings which have me bamboozled and perplexed. Am I alone in this? Or is it something that happens at times? Please tell me I'm not gone Ga Ga! Just a little frustrated and confused right now

B-B-B Rhymer.

JustDaniel
post Nov 9 20, 06:53
Post #310

Ornate Oracle

Since my post was ignored, I just figured you two were going on without me.

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 9 20, 09:38
Post #311

Trojan

Daniel's words:

starlight
cantankerous
pacifistic
litigious
religious
erroneous
one-sided
duck blind
shooting range
target practice

Unravelling the past week’s postings, is easy to unravel once it is realised that both Sylvia and you Daniel had written and posted a Chapter using my words. I had taken it, you had passed on that, and I had only seen Sylvia’s offering, which when I latched on to it, I noted had been posted with only 8 words - hence my comment about same and adding 2 words of my own.
I seldom go back more than one or two postings and as she had copied my words and added them to the front of her offering, the result was? I never saw yours.
Invariably I copy words offered, and using Word Perfect to write me Chapter. I can never write on MM as there is no way to enlarge the type until one’s offering is uploaded and posted. I need a minimum ‘size’ of 5 and my 38 inch Monitor allows me to do this and use the computer without trouble. No one - at least not me - ignored your posting. Just never saw it as I moved on thinking Sylvia’s had been the only reply which was hard for me to read as she had used a miniscule ‘size’.

However, I will now check out your posting, and see if I can pick up the words as found after back tracking:) you offered, and write accordingly. So saying: here goes!

I was in a Cantankerous mood, having spent hours in a Duck Blind - an Erroneous placement - just off to the side of a Shooting Range. My intention had been to no avail, due to its poor placement, as any source of light - be it from headlights or Starlight - reflected off the walls of a nearby building. This in turn, blocked my One-sided view of the designated Target Practice area close by. I had only seen this, when daybreak broke!

It seems a Litigious, bilious Pacifistic Preacher, with a background of obscure Religious tenets and beliefs, would spend hours here duck calling, trying to entice over-flying ducks to partake of food he offered them. A Quacker of a Quaker no doubt? Rhymer

PS: Will not add further words as I'm sure that would complicate matters even further. Denis.

Rhymer
post Nov 9 20, 10:00
Post #312

Trojan

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Nov 7 20, 12:26 ) *
squawk
teleprompter
drivel
parade
entourage
mallet
dross
flak
recumbent
dragline

There is indeed a lot of SQUAWK on the news with the anchors having difficulty following the constantly changing TELEPROMPTER, spouting out all kinds of partisan DRIVEL with no attempt at not taking sides. It's amazing in light of the fact that just under half of the country voted for the current President, who, though he is likely to lose, has a huge ENTOURAGE following him and who would love to get in a PARADE on his behalf. It's amazing how that large of a following can be totally dismissed by the news media, as though he is nothing. I think they need to have a MALLET applied to their heads to wake them up for spouting all their DROSS and FLAK. The President is simply not taking all of this with a RECUMBENT posture, especially since there has clearly been a lot of illegal activity, even if it is not totally responsible for his loss. Other elections will be taking place in the future, and these disparities need to be cleared up in advance of them, especially for the runoff elections in Georgia coming in January for the two Senators. The only DRAGLINE that seems necessary would be one used to remove many of the media's anchors, who are quite a drag indeed.

recumbent
entourage
flak
parades
mallet
idiocy
partisan
pallet
disproportionate
piecemeal

Rhymer
post Nov 9 20, 10:13
Post #313

Trojan

Trying to get this site back on track - not so easy as I had thought! If this fails? Blame it on me! I'm not knowing. Rhymer.

Firstly Danie's words:

recumbent
entourage
flak
parades
mallet
idiocy
partisan
pallet
disproportionate
piecemeal

The quacking Quaker and his Recumbent Entourage had, like many Partisan Parades, awakened many spectators from their position, would be Disproportionate to numbers if one viewed them Piecemeal. One needs stashing same on a Pallet, after employing a Mallet to rouse them from their Idiocy. However, the resulting Flak would be deafening! Empty vessels etc.? Rhymer. (Well I've tried!)

parades
partisan
pallet
disproportionate
piecemeal.
Quackery
Nefarious
Arousal
Presumptuous
Diaphanous

If it suits you? Pick it up from here.

JustDaniel
post Nov 9 20, 15:33
Post #314

Ornate Oracle

presumptuous
nefarious
quackery
arousal
diaphanous
partisan
parades
disproportionate
piecemeal
pallet

After all the PRESUMPTUOUS and NEFARIOUS QUACKERY in the media over the past few months, Lady Liberty attempts to bring quiet AROUSAL, showing up in a DIAPHANOUS shawl in the face of PARTISAN PARADES making a DISPROPORTIONATE amount of noise in their PIECEMEAL appeals... as I dispassionately watch sitting on a stack of PALLETS.

quackery
nefarious
arousal
presumptuous
diaphanous
Dow Jones
NASDAQ
Qatar
Jerusalem
Peoria

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 9 20, 16:45
Post #315

Trojan

Investors from Jerusalem to Peoria and Qatar, having read the latest Dow Jones and NASDAQ figures, decided that, despite their seemingly presumptuous forecast of unlimited prosperity, the result would not be so. Nefarious in truth! Maybe if stripped of the clearly evident Diaphanous baloney that always seems to accompany such predictions, the Arousal of their suspicions, might not be so vociferous. Rhymer.

diaphanous
Dow Jones
NASDAQ
Qatar
Jerusalem
Buggy
Syndrome
Steeped
Prosperity
Blank Cheque

Psyche
post Nov 9 20, 16:57
Post #316

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (JustDaniel @ Nov 9 20, 17:33 ) *
presumptuous
nefarious
quackery
arousal
diaphanous
partisan
parades
disproportionate
piecemeal
pallet

After all the PRESUMPTUOUS and NEFARIOUS QUACKERY in the media over the past few months, Lady Liberty attempts to bring quiet AROUSAL, showing up in a DIAPHANOUS shawl in the face of PARTISAN PARADES making a DISPROPORTIONATE amount of noise in their PIECEMEAL appeals... as I dispassionately watch sitting on a stack of PALLETS.

quackery
nefarious
arousal
presumptuous
diaphanous
Dow Jones
NASDAQ
Qatar
Jerusalem
Peoria

Birgitta, Prime Minister of Denmark
jealousy
Queen Mary
chapstick
rhino
enchanting
Run a mile
Desert Altiplano Atacama
Juan Diego Florez
tramp

Birgitta ,Prime Minister of Denmark (probably only the second woman to obtain that position,) is travelling on the Crown Suite of the Queen Mary when her lips became sorely chapped, so the Steward rushed off to get her some chapstick for the Royal lips, a product of the best quality. He happenned to be a very jealous person, so Birgitta invited Juan Diego Florez to sing for all the crew and all high and low "classes" of passengers.
One of the sailors found a stowaway down among the machinery. He was actually very dirty and drunk, as is usual with the lost tramps.
The Steward used to run a mile many times before he new onboard career on the Queen Mary.
Many years ago I was roaming around the Atacama Altiplano when I saw a tiger. I thought they were only native to Africa, India and so on. Could it have been a vision? I decided that I was not going to a high profile psyciatrist and have my brain washed. Not for me, so I said nothing to any of my friends and just moved to another town.

jealousy
rhino
enchanting
chapstick
Juan Diego Florez
Arabian stallions
whales
Rumi
diploma
measles

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

MM Award Winner

JustDaniel
post Nov 9 20, 16:58
Post #317

Ornate Oracle

Dow Jones
NASDAQ
diaphanous
steeped
prosperity
blank cheque
syndrome
buggy
Jerusalem
Qatar

Today's DOW JONES and NASDAQ numbers certainly befit the newslady with DIAPHANOUS clothing and her glowing report of the all-time records. Her words were STEEPED in positivity about coming PROSPERITY because of the potential of differences between the coming administration and congress. There will evidently be no BLANK CHEQUE for the administration's desires and no honeymoon SYNDROME for the new President. His will be a rough BUGGY ride, even though JERUSALEM and QATAR may feel somewhat secure for the moment.

buggy
syndrome
steeped
prosperity
blank cheque
milestone
blueprint
retirement
architecture
systematic

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Nov 9 20, 16:58
Post #318

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

[/size]
QUOTE (Rhymer @ Nov 9 20, 18:45 ) *
[size=5]Investors from Jerusalem to Peoria and Qatar, having read the latest Dow Jones and NASDAQ figures, decided that, despite their seemingly presumptuous forecast of unlimited prosperity, the result would not be so. Nefarious in truth! Maybe if stripped of the clearly evident Diaphanous baloney that always seems to accompany such predictions, the Arousal of their suspicions, might not be so vociferous. Rhymer.

diaphanous
Dow Jones
NASDAQ
Qatar
Jerusalem
Buggy
Syndrome
Steeped
Prosperity
Blank Cheque

[color="#000099"][/color]

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

Rhymer
post Nov 10 20, 07:50
Post #319

Trojan

As I see no 'words' from Sylvia I have used Daniel's list to write my Chapter. Is it a failing of the system, or did something go awry - yet again?

For once I felt good. My Father - long in Retirement - had, with a few restrictions, sent me a Blank Cheque. Which I - after deciding on a reasonable amount, had deposited into my bank account. Firstly I waited a few days to ensure the funds were transferred without denial, before I decided to celebrate and take a Buggy ride. A luxury which was a Milestone - much desired but never before taken. However now Prosperity had come my way, I decided to approach the future in a Systematic but frugal manner. No longer having a need to scrimp and scrape I could, if I so wished, spend freely to satisfy my lifelong desires. Certainly a Milestone I had never expected to pass!

However, being long Steeped in frugality - a common Blueprint Syndrome of the desperately poor - I first put some of my unexpected “bounty” into my small cache of hidden assets, whilst adhering to my normal daily routine, on the off-chance someone watching had noticed my unusual Prosperity. Whilst taking time to study the local Architecture as I returned home after my Buggy ride, I realised that my life had taken a turn for the better, thanks to Father’s generosity. Rhymer.

milestone
blueprint
retirement
architecture
systematic
Veterans
Frugality
Extremities
Swan
Duplication

Psyche
post Nov 11 20, 16:28
Post #320

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rhymer @ Nov 10 20, 09:50 ) *
As I see no 'words' from Sylvia I have used Daniel's list to write my Chapter. Is it a failing of the system, or did something go awry - yet again?

For once I felt good. My Father - long in Retirement - had, with a few restrictions, sent me a Blank Cheque. Which I - after deciding on a reasonable amount, had deposited into my bank account. Firstly I waited a few days to ensure the funds were transferred without denial, before I decided to celebrate and take a Buggy ride. A luxury which was a Milestone - much desired but never before taken. However now Prosperity had come my way, I decided to approach the future in a Systematic but frugal manner. No longer having a need to scrimp and scrape I could, if I so wished, spend freely to satisfy my lifelong desires. Certainly a Milestone I had never expected to pass!

However, being long Steeped in frugality - a common Blueprint Syndrome of the desperately poor - I first put some of my unexpected “bounty” into my small cache of hidden assets, whilst adhering to my normal daily routine, on the off-chance someone watching had noticed my unusual Prosperity. Whilst taking time to study the local Architecture as I returned home after my Buggy ride, I realised that my life had taken a turn for the better, thanks to Father’s generosity. Rhymer.

milestone
blueprint
retirement
architecture
systematic
Veterans
Frugality
Extremities
Swan
Duplication

Talent is usual among among architects turning up with disproportionate sketched bluebrints of their modern buildings, under the watchfull eye of the Association of Arquitecture in Paris. They mostly design their blueprints
under starlit skies.
It was a milestone when I found out about the veteran's frugality. On retiment I flew off to a Parisian arrondisement. I was annoyed at the extremities and was shocked at the duplications of the town council's [color="#3333FF"]duplication [/color]of classified documents.

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

18 Pages V  « < 14 15 16 17 18 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:50

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: