Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Christmas Tree x two, Trois par huit (Does not count)
Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 18 05, 17:06
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi all. xmas.gif

Since I am ineligible to post for the contest, I just wanted to start the snowball Snowman.gif rolling with these two pieces...

Again - my posts do NOT count - only want to share the spirit of the season with our readers. dreidel.gif xmastree.gif stocking.gif ornament.gif present.gif

xmastree.gif
Christmas Tree

Light glimmers;
silver tinsel shimmers
serenading ornamental shades

of a satin emerald and ruby parade
mingling with silhouettes of aged crystal cascade
Snowmen, Pixies and Angels to see

Atop the wise men three…
Christmas Tree

© 2005 Lorraine M Kanter
xmastree.gif

Nature's King

The firs rise
touching star-twinkled skies
standing vigil o’er evening’s glow

wrapped in sparkling charms of glitter gold, ashen snow
embraces kisses of crimson berries below

where silvery cherubs dance and sing
…symbols of joy to bring
Nature’s King.

© 2005 Lorraine M Kanter

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Toumai_*
post Oct 19 05, 08:20
Post #2

Hi Lori

They are wonderful encouragement to get into the festive spirit! Beautiful  :cheer:

Hugs,

Fran

Blank_Canvas
post Oct 19 05, 16:37
Post #3

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

A shame that your work is not eligible. These are really beautiful......
                                           Marcia Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 19 05, 18:31
Post #4

Hi Lori,

Well done for these. I aam especially impressed with the way in which you have composed poems to form but then enhanced the visual effects to make the Crimble decorations - well done, indeed.

J.

Guest_Nina_*
post Oct 19 05, 23:50
Post #5

Hi Lori

Well done with these two poems.  I too like the shape and the use of the red and green evocatvie Christmas colours.

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Oct 20 05, 05:45
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks for stopping by Fran, Marcia, James and Nina! xmas.gif

I wanted to see if my post will spark some additional posts - so come one, come all - get your holiday hat on chilly.gif, polish up one or two works present.gif for this free contest.... Reindeer.gif

We are now open....  :clown:

Cheers!
~Cleo dove.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Oct 30 05, 14:52
Post #7

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hey Lori,

I agree with others that it is unfortunate that it is not eligable, as both would surely be the top competition and most likely a good run for winner. I admire the talent you've showed in detailing the scene in a crisp, vivid image that the reader can become apart of...

Excellent work!

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Nov 10 05, 02:53
Post #8

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 22

Hi Lori, sun.gif

Two bright, shiny Christmas baubles to grace any home. blueorn.gif  :holly:

These would be lovely written inside Christmas Cards don't you think?

Much more uplifting than the usual trite words they use which convey nothing of the spirit of Christmas.

Simply lovely Lori, thank you for the read.  :pharoah2

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Nefertiti
post Nov 12 05, 18:29
Post #9

Assyrian

Member No.: 11
Writer of: Poetry

OH, those are pure loveliness, Lori!  So pristine!  The utter elements of the season.  Oh boy, am I feeling red-faced right about now!  I thought you said you wanted funny.  Well, I twied!  I weawy, weawy did!  Oh, I a bad bad me!  Shame on me!  I guess now I should try to write something more worshipful, eh? (STOP LAUGHING!!!!! Okay, that thought IS rather funny! LOL!)

Big Hugs,
B.

·······IPB·······

I am who I am.

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 13 05, 07:24
Post #10

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Oct. 30 2005, 14:52)
Hey Lori,

I agree with others that it is unfortunate that it is not eligable, as both would surely be the top competition and most likely a good run for winner. I admire the talent you've showed in detailing the scene in a crisp, vivid image that the reader can become apart of...

Excellent work!

Hugs, Liz

Hi Liz.  :reindeer:

Well, it's OK, this contest is something Butch and I both wanted to share with others, so we decided before we started this annual tradition that anything we might post would not be eligible.  :dove:

I am planning to write a few more of these Octa-tri's just for fun!

Thanks for your kind words Liz.  :cloud9:

~Cleo  :present:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 13 05, 07:26
Post #11

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Cybele @ Nov. 10 2005, 02:53)
Hi Lori,

Two bright, shiny Christmas baubles to grace any home.

These would be lovely written inside Christmas Cards don't you think?

Much more uplifting than the usual trite words they use which convey nothing of the spirit of Christmas.

Simply lovely Lori, thank you for the read.  

Hello Grace and thanks so much!  :cloud9:

What a wonderful idea! This particular form is short enough but when centered has some eye-appeal.  :present:

I may just do that Grace and write some suitable for greeting cards.

thanks.gif bunches!

~Cleo  :sun:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Nov 13 05, 07:30
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nefertiti @ Nov. 12 2005, 18:29)
OH, those are pure loveliness, Lori!  So pristine!  The utter elements of the season.  Oh boy, am I feeling red-faced right about now!  I thought you said you wanted funny.  Well, I twied!  I weawy, weawy did!  Oh, I a bad bad me!  Shame on me!  I guess now I should try to write something more worshipful, eh? (STOP LAUGHING!!!!! Okay, that thought IS rather funny! LOL! )

Big Hugs,
B.

Tee hee, Thanks Beth!  :snowflake:

You shouldn't feel red-faced at all - for these two are not eligible so I didn't follow the rules. I just wanted to post something festive to start the contest.  :menorah:  :ornament:  :stocking:  :xmastree:  :dreidel:

Your 'Lament of Mrs. Claus' is exactly what we hoped to find.  :present:

BIG HUGS back!  :mm:  :mm:  :mm:

~Cleo  :xmas:

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:17

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: