Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> December 2006 IBPC Nominations, IBPC Nominations For January Comp
Guest_Cathy_*
post Dec 15 06, 08:26
Post #21

It's sad that the world has to be this way. Your words to the son really gripped my heart!

Well done~ And good luck in the competition!

Cathy

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Eisa
post Dec 15 06, 08:39
Post #22

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Mournful Hue

Twilight's shade is drawn
against sun-dappled Day,
accentuating shadows
as her flame slowly fades.

Heavens are ablaze
with tangerine ribbons,
where hot hues of scarlet
kindle gloaming.

The essence of her existence
is chased to Earth's edge
and as Night draws near,
skies turn sable.

Mourn her
as she lay silent...

sacrifice to Sandman's shroud.

Cathy Bollhoefer~
copyright Dec 2006

I am nominating this one for its beautiful imagery.

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Dec 15 06, 08:49
Post #23

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

Hand to Mouth by Liz

Monthly statements remain
unsettled;
Electricity ceased,
icebox warm and bare.

Their love's only token
cries of hunger,
a break in silence, stealing
any whisper of reprieve.

On this night
of ghostly reminders,
a coffee cup
sits by the sink, with sips
he said he hadn't time
to finish...

She clings
a worn wool sweater,
insufflating faint scents
of Old Spice
which linger

like the sensation
of his last kiss;
warm lips against
her cheek, a breath's tickle
near her ear.

Her darkness,
disrupted by moonlight
seeping between the window
blinds, silhouettes
her sober face, shadowing
what his dying left behind.

She should have kissed
his silken lips, lured him
into their sacred nest
and savored time...

defying death's design.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To me this poem holds a wonderful message.
Snow
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This post has been edited by AMETHYST: Dec 28 06, 10:32

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Dec 15 06, 08:57
Post #24

Thank you for the nomination Snow! It may never go farther than this but I'm happy in knowing you believed it good enough. Thanks again~

Cathy Snowflake.gif

Guest_Cathy_*
post Dec 15 06, 09:01
Post #25

This poem clearly illustrates why we shouldn't take time and loved ones for granted. We just never know....

Good luck Liz!

Cathy Snowflake.gif

Guest_Cathy_*
post Dec 15 06, 09:05
Post #26

Congrats on your nomination Cyn! Good luck~

Cathy Snowflake.gif

AMETHYST
post Dec 15 06, 12:00
Post #27

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Referred By:Lori Kanter

dance.gif Snowflake.gif Permission PM Notification Sent! pharoah2.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Dec 15 06, 12:01
Post #28

Ornate Oracle

Thank you, Snow for the nomination! And thank you Cathy for the cheers...

Hugs to both of you... Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 15 06, 12:32
Post #29

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Permission PM sent dance.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 15 06, 16:07
Post #30

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Nomination accepted sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 15 06, 16:09
Post #31

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Permission granted sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Dec 16 06, 04:04
Post #32

Greek

Member No.: 15

I'd like to nominate "Cat 'n Mouse" by Maxim. It is a humorous, well -written childrens' poem that I found particularly entertaining. Hope you can get approval to enter it. Good luck !
Marcia

Cat 'n Mouse

Tabby, Tabby curled up tight
in the kitchen late at night.
Little Mouse peaks from his hole,
"I think I'll skip my evening stroll".
But on the floor he spies a biscuit,
with Tabby sleeping, should he risk it?
The scent of mouse drifts through the air
as whiskers twitch and nostrils flare.

All at once Mouse makes a run.
Tabby springs, the game’s begun!
Mouse dashes left, then dodges right
but Tabby keeps him in his sight.
A mighty pounce, an aim that's true.
A tail is trapped, the game is through.
Now Tabby purrs, "I win! I win!"
and sharp fangs flash in Cheshire grin.

Mouse then squeaks, "What fun! Good show!
Oh do let's have another go!"
Tabby yawn's, "It’s late to play.
I could just let you slip away?"
Then eyes of catcher meet eyes of caught,
and Tabby sighs "On second thought..."
...Mousey, Mousey curled up tight
inside Tabby late at night.

By Maxim

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Dec 16 06, 09:01
Post #33

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Marcia.

I'll send a Permission PM to Martin now but he hasn't been active on MM since July 9th.

~Cleo (stay tuned)

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Peterpan
post Dec 16 06, 12:25
Post #34

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 127
Referred By:Jox

Well done Liz~

This is an amazing poem!!!!!!!

A worthy nomination.

Bev

·······IPB·······

May the angels guide your light.

MM Award Winner

rus bowden
post Jan 14 07, 14:39
Post #35

Greek

Member No.: 333
Referred By:Lori Kanter/IBPC

As David has communicated (or will commnicate) to all forum reps, be sure to re-submit your IBPC poems for this month. A serious computer problem has occurred and meant that many IBPC-bound poems, most likely most of them, still cannot be retrieved as I write this. I am posting this thinking that a rep or two may have e-mailed to Cherilyn, and then gone on hiatus, not knowing of the problem.

For this month only, if you want to cc to me too (lowelldude@aol.com) along with whatever David has or will devise, I will pass along to Gina that I have copies of your poems, in case she doesn't. In the mean time, we have always trusted that the forum reps would be able to recover anything lost on the IBPC end. Hopefully so, now.

Our new friend and judge Pascale Petit is aware of the delay, and I know how pressed she is in her schedule at this time.

Yours,
Rus

AMETHYST
post Jan 14 07, 14:49
Post #36

Ornate Oracle

Hi Rus,

Oh my... ok, so we are talking about the poems sent for the January 3rd 2007 deadline, correct. If so--either myself and/or Lori will resend them to IBPC, David and CC to yourself. I thank you and appreciate your immediate attention to help get everything back on track.

Would this computer problem with the email system for IBPC also include questions pertaining to rules sent through email? ... If so, then it would explain why we haven't heard from Gina on Lori's emails pertaining to publication rules. I will let her know.

... Best Wishes, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

rus bowden
post Jan 14 07, 14:52
Post #37

Greek

Yes, and even though you were the first, you were not the only one who could not get through. Gina has received the e-mails fom me.

QUOTE (AMETHYST @ Jan 14 07, 14:49 ) *
Hi Rus,

Oh my... ok, so we are talking about the poems sent for the January 3rd 2007 deadline, correct. If so--either myself and/or Lori will resend them to IBPC, David and CC to yourself. I thank you and appreciate your immediate attention to help get everything back on track.

Would this computer problem with the email system for IBPC also include questions pertaining to rules sent through email? ... If so, then it would explain why we haven't heard from Gina on Lori's emails pertaining to publication rules. I will let her know.

... Best Wishes, Liz

AMETHYST
post Jan 14 07, 14:57
Post #38

Ornate Oracle

Thank You Rus for taking care of that! Much appreciated. wink.gif

I will be resending the poem submissions through my email ( far2go4@aol.com ) so you will know that it is from me, and will title it, Mosaic Musings Poem entries for Jan Competition.

Wish me luck... wink.gif

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Jan 14 07, 15:13
Post #39

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thanks so much Rus for letting us know! I was really beginning to get concerned since 1. this is our first submission month and 2. I never heard back from Gina or Cherilyn on all three emails I sent (two on the publication questions and one on the Jan submissions). I do not know Dave nor have I heard from him - perhaps he does not have mine and Liz's email addresses since we are the newest board this month?

In any event, I will re-send both emails now to Gina, Cherilyn and yourself. Thanks again for alerting us - I thought it was odd not have heard back - glad it was a system issue as it were.

My email is easy: lkanter@mosaicmusings.net

Cheers
~Cleo
galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

rus bowden
post Jan 14 07, 15:22
Post #40

Greek

I have forwarded the submissions to both David's and Gina's personal e-mail.

I'm not sure if the IBPC e-mail is not the trouble, whether Cherilyn is able to access them.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 00:35

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: