I n c o n s e q u e n t i a l
give way to epic insight
and we are never, ever
the same again . . .
Copyright © Lorraine M Kanter 04 August 2013

Attached File(s)
Attached File  579560.jpg ( 14.8K ) Number of downloads: 0

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Larry
post Aug 5 13, 11:10
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 446
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Just wondered in.

Hi Lori,

I don't usually comment on prosaic pieces but this piqued my interest because of its structure. I presume your piece is referring to an epiphany brought about by some inconsequential instance or thought; some niggling idea that is seemingly unimportant but keeps knocking at the door of recognition for attention.

Thought provoking but I didn't like the "cesspool" analogy. Good ideas seldom come to fruition from filth (IMHO).

Larry

·······IPB·······

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Kindness is a seed sown by the gentlest hand, growing care's flowers.
Larry D. Jennings

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 5 13, 15:11
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Larry, wave.gif

Thanks for stopping by! I don't usually write prosaic pieces, LOL.gif! Well, I was responding to the image. Being a cancer survivor made me think of that very first moment when I was told they found something on my first mammogram, which I thought initially was inconsequential as no one in my family ever had breast cancer. The 'niggling idea' is what I still face today, even seven years later. I am & feel healthy, my tests are always fabulous, but there is always something knocking at the fear-door, that what-if question. So, I never take anything for granted, live life more fully now and always recognize the need to not get complacent.

Ewwww- yep and cesspools was an afterthought. Ick! I have replaced it with currents (for alliteration). I had 'Swells' before.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Cleo sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Aug 6 13, 16:06
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Hi Lori

It's so good to see you writing and posting again.

I love this thought provoking piece. Each time I read it seems to take me to another level.

One small nit. Many years ago someone told me that when we write in capitals it means we are shouting. If this is so, you have written UNTIL in capitals and I don't think you mean it to be shouted. Perhaps italics?

Really enjoyed the formatting too.

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 6 13, 16:51
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Snow, Snowflake.gif

It's good to be writing a little poetry again, lol. I am glad you liked this one - its deep and of course has multiple meanings. It may be too far "out there" for some but its all good. sun.gif

On your nit - I do want to shout that word actually to draw you in further - and I'll ponder that further.

The formatting looks fine in Firefox (what I use) when I used the 'pre' tags but looking at this in IE, it lost the paragraph spacing in between, so I've added white dots to it as separators. I hope it still looks good in FF now, lol!

Thanks for stopping by - I'm still at work and heading home now - 2 hours beyond quitting time, finally!!!! dance.gif
I'll be back to comment on your newest topic(s) too.

Cheers,
~Cleo galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Psyche
post Aug 10 13, 00:10
Post #6

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

Hi Lori, sun.gif

I'm also delighted to see you posting again. And using such a striking format.

It's difficult putting all the dots to get it right...LOL...but from my side of the screen you've succeeded wonderfully. claps.gif

It's true that caps indicate shouting, but I've read your explanation and think they're fine in this context. You've used several different font sizes and spacing!

First time I've seen you stray from the trodden path in prose-poetry, except for the occasional centering. New start in life? I used to do it long ago, but got harsh critiques, on the whole. Times change, back to experimental poetry... dance.gif

I like the levels of meaning, but would never have associated this piece with your cancer scare. I certainly understand the niggling fears that may not abandon you. I have plenty of those, I carry them within me, mostly because people don't appreciate "shout-outs" about nasty diseases in social gatherings. You do well to put this into poetry, regardless of whether your readers associate with other stuff of their own. I do!

No nits, Lori, not now. Will return soon if Fibro allows me. There you are, I said it...LOL...I most certainly have niggling fears concerning my progressive syndrome that most docs don't understand. I have a rough draft about pain, but neither will it include the terribly unpoetical word Fibromyalgia!! rofl.gif

(((hugs)))
Syl*** dove.gif ... and don't stress yourself, Lori. Will that Bose project finish soon?

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 10 13, 09:13
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Sylvia, sprite.gif

Well, I wanted to do a visual piece because in my mind, given that I do not usually write free verse, the image captured my attention so I wanted to incorporate shape somehow. Even though I did use the pre tags I still had to fiddle with the layout on this text box before getting it right (word to the wise). Artist.gif I'm glad you like the layout. I just indented it once too all around.

I only used one font size actually (thank god else it would have taken forever to post the topic LOL.gif), but spaced confusion and inconsequential. rofl.gif

Yes, I did stray from my norm with this poem - time will tell if it's a new start, lol! I don't mind harsh crits, as long as they are productive. Yes, times change, back to experimental poetry perhaps. dance.gif

Well, I am glad you see different levels of meaning in it - that was my intent. As for the inspiration - since it was an image from the stand up to cancer page, that was where my muse went - about how panicked I always seem to be just before my mammograms and the oncologist visits. As I said, I feel well and healthy, but I did BEFORE the cancer too. rofl.gif So once the results are in, then my tip-toeing changes to dance moves for another 6-12 months. dance.gif I could have added several more lines to this however, I think it makes a point as is - do you?

Ha! I would love to read your poem about "Fibro" (now that's easier to use poetically) :wink: and the associated pain you experience. Such a shame!!

Thanks for stopping in Syl! GroupHug.gif
This project goes 'live' the weekend of September 14th - and then we (project team and those groups impacted by the changes) will be monitoring to ensure everything is working as expected and designed. LOL! pinkpanther.gif detective.gif <-- me And then I have another one waiting to begin... Good times!

Cheers,
~Cleo galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 22:48

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: