Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello everyone! wave.gif

It's time to place your votes in the September IBPC Poll (if you haven't already done so) at the forum , please click here. PLEASE, when making your 3 selections, choose 3 different poems to be fair to those nominated and choose those you feel would best represent MM.

In addition, it's time to place your nominations for Sep Member Choice and COM (Critiquer of the Month) in our 'Valley of the Kings' forum now through Sep 29 2007. Hope to see you there! cheer.gif

Try your muse in this month's Pandora's Chaos challenge located here: In H.G. Wells novel, The Time Machine, the time traveler (a 19th century man) goes forward in time to the new world of 800,000 ACE. Think of a time-traveling character and setting (time and place) that you will send that character. Then create a two-paragraph or stanza (minimum) description (six-paragraph or stanza maximum) that focuses on (a) interesting details of the setting, and (b) what conclusions the time traveler makes in this new time.

You'll also find the newest Book Title challenge posted in Pandora's Box as well. writersblock.gif

We've changed our board default skin for Autumn to a lovely new purchased skin from "skinbydragonfly" called appropriately "Autumn Harvest". I've been pondering a few more skins to purchase and want to mention this reminder that donations are most welcome to MM and are always put to good use for the continued enjoyment of our membership. You'll find the click-through buttons set up near the country flag symbols in our board footer area just below the skin selection menu.

We're still looking for a few more Swap Quatrains to complete our first poetic forms specialty chapbook. If you are interested, please add to one or both thread located below. Ideally, I'd like to have a minimum of 25 poems to fill the pages and begin the design layout work. Once we've reached that number, I'll send along permission forms via email to those contributors and take it from there. We're hoping to have the book ready for the holiday season. They'll make wonderful gifts! stocking.gif menorah.gif ornament.gif

http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=9248 (original brainstorming topic)
and
http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showtopic=11227 (list for inclusion)

I thought it would be a good time, now that Autumn is here and the forum is beginning to pick up again, to offer up a suggestion for your pondering. Since I personally do not post reviews or commentary every day, what I do when I can, is utilize the 'Topic Started' sort mechanism you'll find at the lower right corner of each page when entering into any forum near the board footer graphics. I have the board default set to sort by: Last Post so the most recent comments made on a topic will always be first on the page. You can simply change that sort to 'Topic Started' descending order (Z-A) and comment in order of posting date should you wish. I've a hack in the forum view that shows topic start date underneath the membername on each post so one not need enter into the post to find that out. It's very handy!

There are so many wonderful topics that sink quickly to the 2nd, 3rd, 4th page and so on by virtue of new topic posting volumes that deserve more feedback. I wanted to remind all not to forget about the 'other pages' when deciding which topics to comment on. The above is just one way to change things up a bit. Of course, another way is to just click on the page jump buttons too located just underneath our forum participation rules link at the top of each forum as well.

Another tip to keep your own works 'current' (on the 1st or 2nd page as long as possible) is to post your two critiques/comments first before you add/post your new topic. This is a great habit to get into.

Cheers all!
Lori, Liz, Peter, Cathy, Snow, John and John
Your Mosaic Musings Staff knight.gif Pharoah.gif Viking.gif troy.gif princess.gif vic.gif cali.gif tut.gif knight.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 12:54

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: