Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Congrats to JaxMyth and AMETHYST, Our first placements in the IBPC :)
Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 29 07, 10:00
Post #1

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hello all. wave.gif

I'm thrilled and excited to announce a warm congratulations to both Jan and Liz for receiving honorable mentions in the April IBPC competition. cheer.gif cloud9.gif For more information, please visit the MM IBPC forum at: http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/index.php?showforum=97

Drought
by Jan Iwaszkiewicz
Mosaic Musings

I

We sink the corner posts first, as each defines a neighbour.
It is here where the bottom six inches are the most important.
It is here where the strength is muscled into the fence.

The heart of a fence lies in its foot.
I tamp until the bar sings of possession,
the bar bounces and writhes.

We snug the stays and tighten the wire,
each barbed note is tensioned into voice
the division sings a warning.

II

The fence cannot hold back the drought.
The sky aches blue and the sun eats green;
the earth coughs dust as rich as blood.

My bones hunker down beside the rock.
Eagles hang; wings wound into the wire,
heads nailed down by the sun.

Ribs rack a heaving fleece.
I watch my image fade
from the eye of a lamb.

Masked Artwork
by Elizabeth DiBenedetto
Mosaic Musings

With artist's palette, brush and hues in hand
she decorates the drabness of the day -
thin dabs of sanguine on an ashen land,
soft strokes conceal what she will not betray.

The doctors canvassed charts, discussing test
results; a darkish blot had showed when scanned,
a teardrop shape - and still she paints her best
with artist palette, brush and hues in hand.

She hides discolorations of her life
by touching up the downs, a bit of spray,
then casting shadows with a shaping knife.
She decorates the drabness of the day

to filter out the fading tints of sin
in youthful days. A woman in command,
when strength and courage were immersed within-
thin dabs of sanguine on an ashen land.

Her gallery is now a storage shed
of artwork which will never be displayed -
each dappled bloom now lives among the dead;
soft strokes conceal what she will not betray.

Well done! airborne.gif birthday.gif glitter.gif Artist.gif Guitar.gif Couch.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
AMETHYST
post Apr 29 07, 11:05
Post #2

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

YIPPPPPEEEEE, Congratulations To JAN -- and me... AND TO DANIEL BARLOW WHO TOOK 3rd PLACE! ! YEAH, YEAH, ... and CONGRATULATIONS TO R&M HAAAAHAAAA... We've Had a Break through!

I can't believe my eyes today! magictongue.png

It's Poetry Party Time! YIPPPPEE! PartyFavor.gif
Thanks Lori for giving us this Party today ...

Jan I really thought your poem would take first - it is an excellent poem.

Thank you to everyone who helped polish that poem off and make it worthy of the Judges eye!

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Kathy_*
post Apr 29 07, 11:09
Post #3

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! PartyFavor.gif CONGRATULATIONS, YOU TWO! butterfly1.gif That's great! PartyFavor.gif And no small feat! hsdance.gif

:Balloons.gif highfive.gif PartyFavor.gif bowdown.gif bowdown.gif hsdance.gif lovie.gif dance.gif

Guest_Kathy_*
post Apr 29 07, 11:17
Post #4

Dan too? PartyFavor.gif THIRD! Balloons.gif CONGRATULATIONS! butterfly1.gif You rock!! PartyFavor.gif hsdance.gif

Balloons.gif ................skipiddy do da.............highfive.gif PartyFavor.gif .............skipiddy dae.......... bowdown.gif wonderful feeling.....hsdance.gif Balloons.gif .....................wonderful day....... lovie.gif dance.gif

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 29 07, 11:46
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Oh yes - that's right! Whoohoo! Dan, while he is inactive here, won representing The Maelstrom.

Excellent work!
~Cleo dance.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

laryalee
post Apr 29 07, 13:50
Post #6

Babylonian

Member No.: 421
Referred By:Kathy Earsman

Liz and Jax, I'm delighted to hear the news...
big congrats to both of you!!

Lary

Eisa
post Apr 29 07, 15:03
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

WHIPPEE!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO LIZ AND JAX PartyFavor.gif airborne.gif GroupHug.gif glitter.gif JackBox.gif rainbow.gif cloud9.gif

Well done -- I feel so proud of you both. MM rocks today!

...and not forgetting Daniel Barlow too. I have regained my faith that some judges do appreciate R&M.

Oh this news had made my day -- hooray!!

Hugs Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Apr 30 07, 07:46
Post #8

Congratulations Liz and Jan!!

Psyche
post Apr 30 07, 12:43
Post #9

Ornate Oracle
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 78
Referred By:David Ting

CONGRATULATIONS LIZ AND JAX AND DAN!!!!!!

PARTY TIME AT MM....WOW.....THIS IS STUNNING NEWS!!!!

I'M SO SO SO SO SO PLEASED!!!!

CHEERS,
SYLVIA ***

·······IPB·······

Mis temas favoritos

The Lord replied, my precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"There is no life higher than the grasstops
Or the hearts of sheep, and the wind
Pours by like destiny, bending
Everything in one direction."

Sylvia Plath, Crossing the Water, Wuthering Heights.

MM Award Winner

JaxMyth
post May 1 07, 06:16
Post #10

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 408
Referred By:IBPC participant list

What wonderful news. Congratulations Liz!

Jan

·······IPB·······

Guest_Don_*
post May 1 07, 11:58
Post #11

Send me an American dollar and I'll play a lively tune on a Bose juke box to commemorate the occassion.

Don

Cleo_Serapis
post May 1 07, 12:43
Post #12

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hey Don - did you say "Bose"? LOL! hsdance.gif

i was just reading a print ad they plan on doing a mailer for next month - blends seamlessly into your decor, LOL! rofl.gif

You know I work for Bose, right?

kiss.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Don_*
post May 1 07, 12:56
Post #13

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ May 1 07, 11:43 ) *
Hey Don - did you say "Bose"? LOL! hsdance.gif

i was just reading a print ad they plan on doing a mailer for next month - blends seamlessly into your decor, LOL! rofl.gif

You know I work for Bose, right?

kiss.gif

Yes, I knows you are a big cog (status, not size) within Bose. You don't think I would mention them otherwise? They pump advertising everywhere. Not absolutely true, but nearly every publication to which we suscribe contains Bose adds. I have heard Bose juke box system in a public business. You might find it somewhat sad that the new expanded menu with modern selection scared away a few of the regulars accustomed to sliding quarters into a pursed lip slot.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:31

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: