post Mar 12 07, 09:21
Post #1

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 10
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori Kanter

Hello MM Family,

There is a little boy, Adam, who is missing from a nearby community where I reside. He has been missing since yesterday evening, approx 7:15 ~ Many of us were out most of the night searching, there is so many canals, so many brush area's, so many strangers that I think what his parents need right now is a united pray going out in his name, that he will be found well and unharmed.

Thank you, Liz

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Eisa
post Mar 12 07, 09:25
Post #2

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Referred By:Lori

You have my prayers -- this is devastating!

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 12 07, 11:20
Post #3

Ornate Oracle

Thank you Snow,

I just called the police dispatch to see if he's been found since the last we were out looking - The dispatcher said, she believes he has been found. But then again, she didn't have any idea what I was talking about when I first asked, she asked was there a child missing last night, we have one this morning (and I think it is one and the same, but she isn't on the same page if you get my drift) ...

It's so scary, a little ironic too - when we go through our every day, the world around us seems so small, we are only aware of what we see, our small little comfort zones, but my God, how vast it becomes when suddenly you find yourself looking for such a tiny child in an amazingly hugh area -

All of a sudden I felt like a tiny speck, among an endless space of canals, woods and trees, crevices all of sudden seem to everywhere you look. ... and that old saying looking for a needle in a haystack doesn't even come close. I found myself overwhelmed and cannot imagine the intensity of those feelings that the parents must feel. When I came home last night, first thing I did was go into Laurens room, woke her up and hugged her and cried, thanking God she is home, and Adam could be anyone of our children.

Thank you for your prayers- My friend Jackie it gonna drive up again in a little bit to confirm that he has been found-I just don't think the dispatch was aware of what was happening. Sort of like the left hand, not knowing what the right hand is doing.

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Mar 13 07, 05:59
Post #4

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

I hope it was Adam that was found.

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Peterpan
post Mar 13 07, 07:32
Post #5

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 127
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Jox

Dear Liz~

If you read my recent poem Is God Watching This? you will understand my concern and that I am praying from this side of the world for his safe return!

Please keep us informed.

PP

·······IPB·······

May the angels guide your light.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 13 07, 08:02
Post #6

Ornate Oracle

Hi Snow and Bev ~ Thank you for all the prayers. He was found (actually came home about 4:30 5:am, knocked on the door-I suppose he was scared to come home thinking he was in trouble.

Yes, Bev - I read your poem, loved it and I work for police dispatch, we receive a call like this on an average of once or twice a week, some weeks go with none, while some we might get 2 - My suggestions I offered regarding cainine and perimeters, as well as fanning everyone outward, instead of in line. These come from my training and experiences in searching for lost/missing children and elderly persons.
You poem touched me deeply, and I felt you touched on the raw emotions of the subject, as I can surely relate - and wanted to share with you the ideas of what goes on on scene! wink.gif

I am so glad Adam was found, unfortunately with him being gone so many hours (almost 10 hours) usually with that time delay it isn't usually such happy ending. So I say thank you, thank you, thank you for prayers that protected him while he was out there.

Blessings both of you - Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Peterpan
post Mar 13 07, 08:23
Post #7

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 127
Referred By:Jox

Hello Liz

What a relief!

This world is such an unpredictable and scary place! I dont even think it is worse than the olden days. I just think we know about more with the media efficiency.

Keep those children under your watchful eye!

Sorry, I momentarily forgot your comments on my poem in my panic re the real live situation of another missing child.

Take care.

PP

·······IPB·······

May the angels guide your light.

MM Award Winner

Eisa
post Mar 13 07, 19:38
Post #8

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Thank God he's safe!

Snow Snowflake.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Mar 13 07, 19:49
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Referred By:Imhotep

Oh PHEW Liz! kiss.gif

So relieved to hear all is well. It's such a scary thought to think someone has gone missing. I'm sure he was petrified.....

-Lori

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 13 07, 21:20
Post #10

Ornate Oracle

QUOTE (Peterpan @ Mar 13 07, 09:23 ) *
Hello Liz

What a relief!

This world is such an unpredictable and scary place! I dont even think it is worse than the olden days. I just think we know about more with the media efficiency.

Keep those children under your watchful eye!

Sorry, I momentarily forgot your comments on my poem in my panic re the real live situation of another missing child.

Take care.

PP

Thanks Bev,

I agree with you. I think these horrors have been with us as long as Apple Pie, but news didn't travel so far and wasn't never so loud - you know, when I was posting this thread to begin with - Your poem was going through my mind! :) Its a great poem.

Best Wishes, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

AMETHYST
post Mar 13 07, 21:47
Post #11

Ornate Oracle

THanks Snow and Lori,

Yes - I was so excited to hear the out come, but the experience made me realize, if not that he came home on his own, at 5 am, and God forbid someone had taken him - nobody would have been able to find him... that makes me sickened with grief.

Hugs, Liz

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:13

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: