Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

My, my!  :blush:  :upside:  :oops:  :grinning:

Sorry so remiss in my response all!

Nina - YES - totally estatic - relief is so small in my mind - so estatic is a WHIPPPEEEEE! hsdance.gif

Don - LOL.gif wash away the strips! Thank you!  :cloud9:

Bev - big GroupHug.gif right back! How is your foot coming along?

Fran - wow - all those rose.gif for me? Gee thanks!  :grinning:  Can I steal some  :mm:  :hersheyskiss:  :mm:  :hersheyskiss:  :mm:  too?

Poppy - HOW ARE YOU? Long time no chat!  :StarWars1:  Thanks so much for your visit today and YES - next weekend we will be converting to Invision board and I cannot wait! There are so many more features to offer with them and I look forward to seeing and chatting with you soon. How are things in your neck of the woods?

Regards all!  :lovie:

Lori  :guitar:

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Blank_Canvas
post Apr 22 06, 16:46
Post #22

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15

Lori,
So glad your surgeries are behind you and the final results appear to show you cancer free ! Such wonderful news.....and a huge relief for you, I can well imagine. Prayers will continue as you undergo whatever "playing it safe" measures the doctors decide that are necessary. Keep your spirits high !
Marcia

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 22 06, 16:56
Post #23

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Marcia. gardener.gif

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your well wishes! cloud9.gif Yes- it's such a relief, but it all happened so quickly that I didn't really have time to think on it and now it's behind me for the most part.

I have my first session with the Oncologists (2 different ones, 7:30 & 9:30) this coming Monday so that is when I expect to learn what future treatments I'll undergo (if any).

The power of positive thinking really can heal (if not physically, at least mentally) and the support systems I have are so wonderful that it helps to know that in my heart. lovie.gif

Big Hugs! GroupHug.gif
~Lori pharoah2.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Blank_Canvas
post Apr 22 06, 17:25
Post #24

Greek

Member No.: 15

I've been experiencing some physical problems of my own here recently and finished the first battery of tests last week. The problem has been identified and the symptoms relieved for the moment. Will have a follow-up check-up in mid-May and a few more tests at that time. Nothing life-threatening we don't believe.....just a problem in the reproductive organs... a fibroid tumor. May require surgery if problems continue or if it begins to grow...just another something to worry about. However, I don't feel bad and I am able to continue life as normal. If I hadn't been so self-absorbed with my own issues, I would hopefully have been here to offer you some friendly support much earlier. So sorry for that. However.....we can both become more active now and celebrate life !
Marcia sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Cybele
post Apr 22 06, 17:34
Post #25

Ornate Oracle

Member No.: 22

Hi Lori dance.gif

You go girl!

You were with us in thought today. Wonderful news. Now pamper yourself a little.
ballet.gif ballet.gif ballet.gif

candle.gif candle.gif candle.gif

rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

·······IPB·······

Love

Grace

http://mysite.orange.co.uk/graceingreece

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Nominate a tile for the Crown Jewels and Faery Awards today! For details, go to the Valley of the Kings!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 22 06, 17:52
Post #26

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Blank_Canvas @ Apr 22 06, 18:25 ) *
I've been experiencing some physical problems of my own here recently and finished the first battery of tests last week. The problem has been identified and the symptoms relieved for the moment. Will have a follow-up check-up in mid-May and a few more tests at that time. Nothing life-threatening we don't believe.....just a problem in the reproductive organs... a fibroid tumor. May require surgery if problems continue or if it begins to grow...just another something to worry about. However, I don't feel bad and I am able to continue life as normal. If I hadn't been so self-absorbed with my own issues, I would hopefully have been here to offer you some friendly support much earlier. So sorry for that. However.....we can both become more active now and celebrate life !
Marcia sun.gif

Oh Marcia.

So sorry to hear it - but glad you seem to have things under control. I've had 3 laperoscopy surgeries (in the 90's) for my Endometriosis and the healing time was very quick (two small incisions, one on each side of the pubie hairline and the scope through an incision in the bellie button). It was day surgery just like my breast cancer surgery and the healing takes about a month to feel back to normal.

I'd assume if your tumor grows at all that they might offer this as a solution to rid it for you? Please let me know if you have any questions. eowyn.gif

Glad to see you here today and hope you are aquainting yourself with the new features. I am using the multi-quote feature for this reply.

HUGS
Lori mm.gif

QUOTE (Cybele @ Apr 22 06, 18:34 ) *
Hi Lori dance.gif

You go girl!

You were with us in thought today. Wonderful news. Now pamper yourself a little.
ballet.gif ballet.gif ballet.gif

candle.gif candle.gif candle.gif

rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

Hello Grace! clownfish.gif

I'm going (don't know where yet, but groovin)! hsdance.gif
Wish we could have been there today, BUT duty called. LOL.gif

Pampering sounds great to me (although Peter does it already). cloud9.gif

BIG HUGS
Lori ballet.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Rosemerta_*
post Apr 23 06, 01:58
Post #27

Lori!!! rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif rose.gif

I'm sorry I didn't get to read all this earlier. I'm relieved to find out that things are looking much better now than they had at first. That must be such a great relief to you. I know what a strain that kind of worry can be.

Do take care of yourself and try to find time just for you. **hugs**

Morgan le Fay
post Apr 23 06, 11:18
Post #28

Assyrian

Member No.: 20
Writer of: Poetry

Hi Lori!

Wow, I feel like Poppy, "I should be around here more often". blush.gif

So sorry to hear you've been going through something so scary and serious, but Ecstactic to read the good outcome! lovie.gif

Love you girl, and will keep you in my prayers for a complete and easy recovery from this. butterfly.gif

Love and prayers,
Chris wizard2.gif

·······IPB·······

"...Morgan le Fay was not married, but put to school in a nunnery, where she became a great mistress of magic."

- ?Mallory, Morte d'Arthur

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 24 06, 20:04
Post #29

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rosemerta @ Apr 23 06, 02:58 ) *
Lori!!! rose.gif

I'm sorry I didn't get to read all this earlier. I'm relieved to find out that things are looking much better now than they had at first. That must be such a great relief to you. I know what a strain that kind of worry can be.

Do take care of yourself and try to find time just for you. **hugs**

Hi Jackie. wave.gif

Thank you for all the lovely roses! note.gif champagne.gif AND please no worries on not reading this post any sooner. I understand - hope you are doing well and things are bright in your neck of the woods. sun.gif

Yes - a relief for sure, although I don't really think it has all sunk in just yet? eowyn.gif I met the two newest doctors in my building arsenal gimli.gif aragorn.gif my new 'attending Oncologist' and my new 'radiology Oncologist[; BOTH extremely personable. Shhesh - I got there at 7:15 and didn't leave until 11:45 to get to work, LOL!

Part III is nearly here: I need to go through a six week, five-days-a-week radiation treatment schedule next on my recovery plan. NEW mammo scheduled for next Monday and then the mapping process (where they'll mark me with blue permanent tattoos, freckle-sized) to get me ready for it. I think she mentioned I will most likely begin the week of May 9th?

For today, more info on tamoxifen, they want me to go on it for the 5 year duration but herein lies my problem: I am already on a hormone pill for my Endometriosis so now I need to call my GYN and have the two docs chat as I can't be on both. *sigh*

Blood work and chest x-ray doen today too so hopefully they'll come back 'normal'....

Anywho - be well your self Jackie and give me a buzz if you need anything.

GroupHug.gif
Lori mm.gif mm.gif mm.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 24 06, 20:14
Post #30

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Morgan le Fay @ Apr 23 06, 12:18 ) *
Hi Lori!

Wow, I feel like Poppy, "I should be around here more often".

So sorry to hear you've been going through something so scary and serious, but Ecstactic to read the good outcome!

Love you girl, and will keep you in my prayers for a complete and easy recovery from this.

Love and prayers,
Chris wizard2.gif

Hi Chris. flamingo.gif

No worries - you're here now. sun.gif Thanks for your reply! thumbsup.gif

Yes, it came so quickly and now I will digest the news in time - still in a fog about all of it at the moment.

BIG HUGS, LOVE and thanks for your prayers and well wishes! lovie.gif

GroupHug.gif
Lori

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Peterpan
post Apr 25 06, 01:50
Post #31

Creative Chieftain

Member No.: 127
Referred By:Jox

Hello Lori~

Big HUGS to you! Thanks for the news.

PP

·······IPB·······

May the angels guide your light.

MM Award Winner

Arnfinn
post Apr 25 06, 02:45
Post #32

Creative Chieftain
Group Icon

Group: Centurion
Member No.: 17
Writer of: Poetry

G'day Lori, dance.gif

Good news, time for a celebration! cheer.gif

Your a special person, I think your attitude is to be commended. I'm so glad everything turned out ok.

John.

troy.gif Wizard.gif

·······IPB·······

Arnfinn

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 26 06, 19:20
Post #33

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Peterpan @ Apr 25 06, 02:50 ) *
Hello Lori~

Big HUGS to you! Thanks for the news.

PP

Hi Bev. flamingo.gif

Thanks for the HUGS and your continued support - the reality has finally hit... eowyn.gif

Kisses
Lori chef.gif

QUOTE (Arnfinn @ Apr 25 06, 03:45 ) *
G'day Lori, dance.gif

Good news, time for a celebration! cheer.gif

Your a special person, I think your attitude is to be commended. I'm so glad everything turned out ok.

John.

troy.gif Wizard.gif

Why HEEELLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO John! troy.gif

Yes - a relief and flood of news - goodie for me as far as Phase I goes. Now I am starting Phase II with radiotherapy soon. borg.gif I think it helps to be positive (although I had a moment the other night and tonight too). One can heal so much quicker with the support system such as I have in all of you plus my family and close friends. The mind and psychology aspects are sinking in now and each day is a blessing to me. I keep saying how lucky I am that they caught it early and my pathology post-op reports are excellent. I'm just scared (frankly) about the next steps - radiotherapy doesn't seem to tough to take - the Oncologist and her nurse are sweethearts - I'm more concerned about the drug they suggest I take -tamoxiphen (not sure on spelling)? I'm too young......

Anywho - thanks again for your visit and support John! dance.gif dance.gif dance.gif

GroupHug.gif
Lori sun.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Apr 26 06, 23:35
Post #34

QUOTE (Cleo_Serapis @ Apr 27 06, 01:20 ) *
- I'm more concerned about the drug they suggest I take -tamoxiphen (not sure on spelling)? I'm too young......

The tamoxifen is just a preventative measure as it interferes with the production of estrogen and will stop the growth of cancer cells in the body so a good idea to take it.

Nina

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 29 06, 09:37
Post #35

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Nina. gardener.gif

Yes - but my case is a bit different from the 'norm'. Who ever said I was normal was crazy, LOL.gif!

Since I am only 40 (most on the drug are at least 50) AND have Endometriosis, things will need to be weighed.

I have been taking a drug (basically a birth control pill) for 12 years now to keep my Endo in check and tolerable. After my last operation for it in 1999, we switched the brand and dose and I have been feeling great ever since. My biggest fear/worry is that they will have to take me off it (it puts estrogen in my system) to put me on the tamoxifen (which is an estrogen blocker).

I need to weigh the potential side effects. For now, since my pathology results reported 'estrogen weakly positive' and 'progesterone negative' - I am not really at the top of the list to take this drug - the HER2 guideline/analysis states - 'No adjuvant therapy' required for my histology: (figuring it both paths as: ER positive/Pr negative AND ER + POS negative with a Stage 1 DCIS T1mic (micro-invasive ductal carcinoma) + NO (no lymph node spread).

SInce I will need a semi-annual mammo, I wonder if I should just stay on my endo pill and take the risk, knowing I will be checked again every 6 months?

What do you think?
HUGS
Lori galadriel.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Apr 29 06, 09:52
Post #36

Hi Lori

I can't answer that question for you. I have very little medical knowledge. If you don't take the tablets for endomitriosis and take the tamoxifen, do you know what the effects of the tamoxifen will be on the endomitriosis? Will it make it a lot worse? Is there anything else you can take to counteract the endomitriosis without producing oestrogen?

Nina

Guest_Jox_*
post Apr 29 06, 10:04
Post #37

Hi Lori,

I'm sorry but no one who is not treating you should answer those questions - even if they do have the product knowledge. Each patient - as you illustrate - is unique and that is a very complex relationship of chemicals and regimes. You really need to speak to your specialist about the drugs regime most appropriate for your treatment. I take it you are seeing him/her again soon?

Good luck, J.

Cleo_Serapis
post Apr 29 06, 10:16
Post #38

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nina @ Apr 29 06, 10:52 ) *
Hi Lori

I can't answer that question for you. I have very little medical knowledge. If you don't take the tablets for endomitriosis and take the tamoxifen, do you know what the effects of the tamoxifen will be on the endomitriosis? Will it make it a lot worse? Is there anything else you can take to counteract the endomitriosis without producing oestrogen?

Nina

Hi Nina.
I didn't mean it as a question for you to answer, sorry about that. These are the questions I am going to raise to my gynecologist when I talk to him.

I'll keep you posted.
GroupHug.gif
Lori

QUOTE (Jox @ Apr 29 06, 11:04 ) *
Hi Lori,

I'm sorry but no one who is not treating you should answer those questions - even if they do have the product knowledge. Each patient - as you illustrate - is unique and that is a very complex relationship of chemicals and regimes. You really need to speak to your specialist about the drugs regime most appropriate for your treatment. I take it you are seeing him/her again soon?

Good luck, J.

Hi James.

Yes - very true and yes, I will be seeing my primary physician on Tuesday and will be scheduling a meeting with my Gynecologist too as soon as I can. For now, I just want to 'get through' Phase II, the radiation first and then worry about Phase III. LOL.gif

Interesting news - I was just flipping through a weekly magazine I receive and there is this one page advert for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation there. It shows a woman naked covering her breasts and the caption reads:
Expose the Truth
and it talks about how every 13 minutes (on average) a woman in the U.S. dies from breast cancer. WOW! I think I will add a new quote about this to my signature...

I LIKE this multi-quote feature - have you tried it yet?

Stay tuned, thanks and HUGS
Lori Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Apr 29 06, 10:33
Post #39

Hi Lori

Your mentioning that article reminded me of an amazing postcard of a photograph I have by my desk at work. It is a self portrait by Sam Taylor-Wood (who also filmed David Beckham, sleeping) and the original is in the National Portrait Gallery. Its title is "Self portrait in Single-breasted suit with hare.

My Webpage

Nina

Guest_Jox_*
post Apr 29 06, 10:45
Post #40

Hi Lori,

>L> Yes - very true and yes, I will be seeing my primary physician on Tuesday and will be scheduling a meeting with my Gynecologist too as soon as I can. For now, I just want to 'get through' Phase II, the radiation first and then worry about Phase III.

Of course. Well, so far so good. By that I don't mean you would choose to be ill, of course but, given you are unwell, your treatment sounds to be going very well. Easy for me to say, of course but sounds "smooth" in terms of the problem.

>L> Interesting news - I was just flipping through a weekly magazine I receive and there is this one page advert for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation there. It shows a woman naked covering her breasts and the caption reads:

>L> Expose the Truth

>L> and it talks about how every 13 minutes (on average) a woman in the U.S. dies from breast cancer. WOW! I think I will add a new quote about this to my signature...

Yes, they do the same her with men and testicular cancer - men seem very reluctant to consult doctors about it. Men also can - and do - contract breast cancer, of course.

On the face of it one woman every thirteen minutes is terrible. BUT that is marketing, I'm afraid. It is slightly fewer than 111 women per day - or 40,430 per annum. Now each of those is a tragedy but many will be very elderly and something is going to get us - it is only because we live longer that illnesses are able to hit us in old age. Some, of course, will be much younger - children die of cancers. But survival rates amongst younger women are better.

The US population is reckoned to be about: 298,624,793. Say 55% of those are women = 164,243,636. Therefore, it is just under 2.5% of the female population. I don’t know what the disease-contraction figure is but I’ll bet the survival rate is very strong. Road accidents claim almost the same number of people and air pollution claims double. We should, of course, try to reduce all these figure still more but I hope some perspective helps you in thinking about it. I’m not saying “don’t worry” - it is natural to worry but I am saying that the headline figures are scare-mongering and to take them with a massive dollop of salt.

>L> I LIKE this multi-quote feature - have you tried it yet?

No. What is it?

Take care, J.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 00:26

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: