post Apr 6 10, 04:51
Post #1

Laureate Legionnaire

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 298
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori/Eisa/loads of old friends

OUR SAVIOUR FROM THE TORIES
(6 May 2010, general election date announced)

Sad profile of my bank account,
the complete texture of my life;
He’s sheltered me from much self-harm
by taxes, excised with state knife.

With His moonlight, in soft focus,
He spin doctors and tells us lies;
on balance I’m much better off.
Oh look, there is a pig that flies !

In short cameo performance,
He pretends he’s minister, Prime,
dispelling my prosperity :
Please, River Thames, drown His foul crime.

Alan McAlpine Douglas

Challenge words : profile texture shelter
moonlight balance cameo dispel river

·······IPB·······

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
Guest_ohsteve_*
post Apr 8 10, 13:37
Post #2

Alan, Leo, I think Alan understood perfectly what I was implying. I suffer thru very little political junk as I refuse to watch or read anything about it, it all seems nothing but rhetoric or lies, just let me get my hand on the public milk tit and watch me go... I for one am very tired of it, I think we need to vote them all out of office and put in someone else even if it is a write in name write in the name of someone you trust, a mayor maybe, even a school counselman. Maybe the guy that runs the local pub, at least he would understand finaces, and commerce and people. Anyone with common sense can get the country running they just need the backing of the voters. and if you don't vote then don't complain. I voted for Obama and he sure isn't the man I thought he would be once he got in office. I don't think one in ten americans understand his health plan that he just forced thru. I think he is driving up costs, instead of making a better work place, lets all ship the work to china and when we need a work force to go to war why we'll just buy the stuff from the chinese... you know the old saying about you pay for what you get, well we are paying and what we got is cheap shit, no jobs, no health care worth a damned, and a president spending money our children will take the rest of their life to pay back, I say lets put on import taxes bring the jobs back to the states and give america the right to work with decent pay, just expect the price of everything to jump up at the same time.
You know I tried to contact my representative to congress and was told I couldn't speak with him cause he didn't have time for me..well guess what when he is voted out of office, I bet he finds the time then. I say to all Americans, don't like what is going on try calling your congress man or senator see if they will talk to you...if not vote them out next election. that will send a loud clear message to politicians.

Steve

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Alan   OUR SAVIOUR FROM THE TORIES   Apr 6 10, 04:51
- - ohsteve   Alan, Too political for me, I got my own Obama idi...   Apr 6 10, 11:14
- - Sekhmet   Hey Steve - We poor Brits have to listen to month ...   Apr 7 10, 01:31
- - Alan   Dear Leo, Thank you for riding to battle for me ...   Apr 7 10, 01:55
- - Sekhmet   Sorry Alan - Of course, you are absolutely right. ...   Apr 7 10, 04:41
- - Arnfinn   G'day Alan Written while munching on acid dr...   Apr 7 10, 05:27
- - Alan   Dear Leo, Well now, The CAPS were deliberate, ref...   Apr 7 10, 09:11
- - Alan   Dear John, Thank you, I was drinking neat sulphur...   Apr 7 10, 09:13
- - Sekhmet   Oh Steve! There you go again! Where was y...   Apr 9 10, 04:00
- - Sekhmet   I have received a personal message rocket from fro...   Apr 11 10, 01:48
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hello Alan et al, Sorry there seems to have been ...   Apr 11 10, 09:16
- - ohsteve   Alan I apologies for the possible misconception th...   Apr 11 10, 19:59
- - Sekhmet   Alan - I am very very sorry to see your poem being...   Apr 12 10, 01:58
- - 4rum   Dear Alan; I can certainly identify with your e...   Apr 12 10, 03:44
- - Alan   Dear Leo and Sam, Thank you both for the comments...   Apr 13 10, 09:17
- - Larry   Hey Alan, Nice use of the given words. Sometimes...   Apr 16 10, 14:14
- - Eisa   Hi Alan I do admire your ability to use challeng...   Apr 16 10, 14:43
- - Alan   Dear Larry, Thank you, spot on, now "fouler...   Apr 17 10, 01:22
- - Alan   Dear Eisa, Thank you too, more fine spots ! I...   Apr 17 10, 01:27
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Alan, I've come to the 'tea party...   Apr 17 10, 09:22
- - Alan   Dear Lori, Thanks for the visit. Glad you approve...   Apr 17 10, 10:10

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 17:12

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: