Revisions:
-S3 was:
Bursts of freedom surge forth
rays of shimmering delights disclosed
in mouthwatering morsels.

-deleted 'an' strenous.

This post has been edited by Cleo_Serapis: Aug 26 06, 09:54

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Guest_Cathy_*
post Jul 30 06, 08:27
Post #2

Good morning Lori!

Interesting piece ... assigning a color to human attributes. That's how I see it anyway. Although I don't think any one of us is just one color, so I may be way off! lol

I am gray…

Clouds of confusion form
monochrome rainbows anchored
in a sea of seedy scavengers. Getting bogged down in stress does color one's world gray. And it's hard to change that sometimes.

I am white…

Specks of emotion surface
squalls of insightful conversation
commanding ambiguous conditions.

I am yellow…

in mouthwatering morsels. I don't quite understand this line ... morsels of what? You could also say...

Freedom bursts,
rays of shimmmering delights
disclosed in mouthwatering morsels.

I am pink…

Contentment illustrates passage
to imagination; sprinkling star-dusted
dreams with fanciful measure. Lovely thought!

I am clear…

Balancing Ying and Yang:
an strenuous achievement
worth finding the rainbow in all. This is what we should strive for: balance within ourselves bringing about inner peace. In turn, we look at others differently and realize the good in each.

Of course, use or lose as you wish! *smiles*
Cathy

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 7 06, 18:53
Post #3

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 2
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Imhotep

Hi Cathy. butterfly.gif

QUOTE(Cathy @ Jul 30 06, 09:27 ) [snapback]79947[/snapback]
Good morning Lori!

Interesting piece ... assigning a color to human attributes. That's how I see it anyway. Although I don't think any one of us is just one color, so I may be way off! lol

Thanks Cathy! I like trying to express attributes of daily observations - this was an oldie Pandora I think ? or challenge that tipped me off down this path.

Clouds of confusion form
in a sea of seedy scavengers. Getting bogged down in stress does color one's world gray. And it's hard to change that sometimes.

Absolutely! Sometimes, it feels as though I'm drowning in confusion.

in mouthwatering morsels. I don't quite understand this line ... morsels of what? You could also say...

Freedom bursts,

Morsels or tidbits of freedom (the light beyond the sea of confusion). Not sure that your suggestion maintains what I mean - will ponder...

Thanks! hersheyskiss.gif

Balancing Ying and Yang:
an strenuous achievement
worth finding the rainbow in all. This is what we should strive for: balance within ourselves bringing about inner peace. In turn, we look at others differently and realize the good in each.

Cathy

Of course, but it's not as easy as it seems. Too much 'interference' clouding a peaceful sky (mind) in any given day... It really is a balancing act. cyclops.gif I often find strength by watching others, especially at work and here - I learn much from colleagues. Idea.gif
Thanks for stopping in Cathy!
~Cleo Pharoah.gif

·······IPB·······

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ J.R.R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Collaboration feeds innovation. In the spirit of workshopping, please revisit those threads you've critiqued to see if the author has incorporated your ideas, or requests further feedback from you. In addition, reciprocate with those who've responded to you in kind.

"I believe it is the act of remembrance, long after our bones have turned to dust, to be the true essence of an afterlife." ~ Lorraine M. Kanter

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more information, click here!

"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up." ~ Early detection can save your life.

MM Award Winner

Guest_Cathy_*
post Aug 8 06, 12:31
Post #4

Hi Lori,

Hi Cathy.

(Cathy @ Jul 30 06, 09:27 )
Good morning Lori!

Thanks Cathy! I like trying to express attributes of daily observations - this was an oldie Pandora I think ? or challenge that tipped me off down this path.

I must have missed that challenge! Oo.gif

Clouds of confusion form

Absolutely! Sometimes, it feels as though I'm drowning in confusion.

I know what you mean! lol

Freedom bursts,

Morsels or tidbits of freedom (the light beyond the sea of confusion). Not sure that your suggestion maintains what I mean - will ponder...

I get it! Thanks for the explanation!

Thanks!

Your welcome!

Balancing Ying and Yang:
an strenuous achievement

Cathy

Of course, but it's not as easy as it seems. Too much 'interference' clouding a peaceful sky (mind) in any given day... It really is a balancing act. I often find strength by watching others, especially at work and here - I learn much from colleagues.

Yes, that helps sometimes!
Thanks for stopping in Cathy!

Your welcome!! Ta!Ta!

Eisa
post Aug 8 06, 18:01
Post #5

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Group: Praetorian
Member No.: 12
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

Hi Lori

Well, I believe 'we are'/'life is' all made up of various colours and this was a pleasure to read.

I am gray…

Clouds of confusion form
in a sea of seedy scavengers.

I sensed the confusion here -- I always feel confused on gray days.

I am white…

Specks of emotions surface
squalls of insightful conversation
commanding ambiguous conditions.

I am yellow…

I love the warmth of this stanza.
Perhaps L1 --

Freedom surges, bursting in rays
of shimmering delights

I am pink…

dreams with fanciful measure.

I am clear…

Balancing Ying and Yang:
an strenuous achievement
worth finding the rainbow in all.

L 2 ~Should it be 'a' strenuous achievement?

Well Lori ... there really isn't anything to nit here ~ just a few thoughts

Snow

·······IPB·······

Live one day at a time -it's simpler that way.
Laugh loud & often - it's medicinal.
Write from the heart - it's therapeutic.
Beauty comes from within - the outer is just skin!

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 26 06, 09:45
Post #6

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Cathy @ Aug 8 06, 13:31 ) [snapback]80715[/snapback]

Freedom bursts,

I get it! Thanks for the explanation!

Ta!Ta!

Hi Cathy. kitty.gif

I could revise it to say:
Freedom surges forth
in bursts of shimmering delights
disclosed in mouthwatering morsels. ?

What do you think?
Cheers
~Cleo privateeye.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Cleo_Serapis
post Aug 26 06, 09:51
Post #7

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

Hi Snow. butterfly.gif

QUOTE(Eisa @ Aug 8 06, 19:01 ) [snapback]80726[/snapback]
Hi Lori

Well, I believe 'we are'/'life is' all made up of various colours and this was a pleasure to read.
Thank you Snow!

I am gray…
Clouds of confusion form
in a sea of seedy scavengers.
I sensed the confusion here -- I always feel confused on gray days.
Me too, and its compounded when others try to make it gray!

I am yellow…

I love the warmth of this stanza.
Perhaps L1 --

Freedom surges, bursting in rays
of shimmering delights

Thanks again! I wanted to keep each stanza to 3 lines (I know its FV but I can't help myself, LOL). I did just reply to Cathy with an alternate - what do you think of it?

I am clear…
Balancing Ying and Yang:
an strenuous achievement
worth finding the rainbow in all.

L 2 ~Should it be 'a' strenuous achievement?
Oops! Oo.gif blush.gif Yes it should Snow. TY!

Well Lori ... there really isn't anything to nit here ~ just a few thoughts

Snow

Always a pleasure to hear your feedback Snow. Thanks again!
~Cleo mm.gif mm.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

Guest_ohsteve_*
post Sep 2 06, 12:48
Post #8

no monocrome rainbows for me thanks I see every color of the rainbow and every color should be used....
Steve

Cleo_Serapis
post Sep 9 06, 07:59
Post #9

Mosaic Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ohsteve @ Sep 2 06, 13:48 ) [snapback]82380[/snapback]
no monocrome rainbows for me thanks I see every color of the rainbow and every color should be used....
Steve

Hi Steve.

Surely, at one time or another, the colors aren't so clear? madhatter.gif

Thanks for stopping by!
~Cleo footballhelmet.gif

·······IPB·······

MM Award Winner

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:52

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: