Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andrea Bocelli's music inspires me
Guest_starryeyezmel_*
post Feb 10 06, 18:39
Post #1

Hello everyone,
  I am an intern at UMVD but during my free time I love to write. What gets me into the right mood is ANdrea Bocelli's music. What's great about my internship is that I was able to get my hands on his new album Amore. It inspires me because ot only is his voice soothin, but it is powerful! Does anyone else listen to his music??

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page
Siren
post Feb 10 06, 18:43
Post #2

Laureate Legionnaire

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 13
Writer of: Poetry

Hello Starry,

Welcome to MM... :) I have to agree with you on the effects of a soothing voice teamed up with excellent percussion and just the right amount of undulating keys. :) Andrea Bocelli has some great music.

It's always great to have a new member around... refreshing too... so hit the boards in ur free time...

catch around
Dani

·······IPB·······

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

"A good book is not read and forgotten. It lingers in the mind of the reader, reshaping thoughts, asking new questions, revisiting ancient ones."

MM Award Winner

Guest_Nina_*
post Feb 11 06, 00:53
Post #3

Hi Mel

A very warm welcome to MM.  I'm more a fan of pop music, not really that keen on opera but I'm glad you find it inspires you.

I look forward to reading your work and interacting with you.  If you have any queries please feel free to ask.  You can PM (private message) me by pressing the send msg button at the bottom of this post.

Nina

Guest_Toumai_*
post Feb 11 06, 03:27
Post #4

Hi Melissa

I'll add my welcome to MM, too  cheer.gif  sings.gif  rose.gif

I have small kids, so I'm usually writing with story tapes or CBBC (kids TV) in the background ... good practice for concentration. Hide.gif

If I have a choice I write in silence, various African music CDs or with music radio (BBC6 digital is cool, but rock music mainly)

What is UMVD? and your zip code sounds west(ish) at a guess? (I lived in Ca for a few years: 94025)

Looking forward to seeing you around the site  :wave:

Fran

Guest_Jox_*
post Feb 11 06, 04:02
Post #5

Hi Mel,

Welcome to MM!

I, too, was wondering where UMVD is - a university perhaps?

Sorry, I don't know what an "intern" is - can you please enlighten me?

I'm not a great fan of tenors but Bocelli has recorded some music with my fav classical singer - Bryn Tyrfel. (You may have heard them on disc together).

I am not a mega opera fan but some operas I do like - quite like Mozart - especially The Magic Flute and I love Beethoven's only opera, Fidelio - such a powerful story, as well as music.

I think Bocelli is amazing, though - a superb voice and to think he is blind, too.

When I'm writing I tend to prefer silence. Even the birds twittering can annoy me sometimes. I live in a very rural area so, apart from the trains, combine harvesters, tractor, neighbours, Army and RAF helicopters, it is very quiet here! For much of the time it really is quiet though

Sometimes I do write to music and then it is almost always plainsong - such as Gregorian Chants - or Tangerine Dream - the German electro-synthesizer band which has survived from the 1960s until today. (I've even seen them play live in the 1970s).

If just listening to music then plainsong and Tangerine Dream are still there plus The Beatles, Queen, Glen Miller, Coldplay I have just been introduced to and I have a new Fleetwood Mac album I like muchly. Also British folk music. I listen to a lot of Early Music - dating from Anglo-Saxon times to 17thC. (Classical music ended that - and I have not forgiven it). I also like Handle's music - especially Zadok The Priest.

Well, I hope to see you around on MM as much as possible. If you have any questions please just ask. The staff have coloured discs above their avatars (those small pictures).

Cheerio, James.

Blank_Canvas
post Feb 15 06, 11:27
Post #6

Greek

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 15
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Hello Mel,
     I listen to a variety of musical styles, and some opera included. I prefer the tenors more than the sopranos , for I find the smoother, richer tones much more soothing than the high, sharp, tones. Bocelli is, by far, my favorite tenor and I own many of his cd's and listen frequently. Do not own his newest yet.....my favorite cd in my collection is Romanza. If his new cd is as wonderful as you say...I will have to purchase it soon. A newcomer on the scene who mixes pop with classical and has a lovely voice is Josh Groban. If you haven't heard his music .....you should give it a listen.  My one regret is that I understand so little Italian. I can appreciate the music without understanding, but I am picking some of it up from reading the translations that come in many of the cd's. A beautiful and expressive language. More lovely than French, I think.
                                            Marcia sun.gif

·······IPB·······

"...We are born into the world like a blank canvas
and every person that crosses our path takes up the brush and makes their mark upon our surface.
So it is that we develop.
But we must realize there comes a day that we must take up the brush and finish the work. For only we can determine if we are to be just another painting or a masterpiece..."

1981 Javan (from the book " Meet Me Halfway" )

MM Award Winner

Guest_starryeyezmel_*
post Mar 9 06, 18:51
Post #7

I had no idea there were sooo many Bocelli fans!!! It really thrills me! :)

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 14:12

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: