Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> Daniel's Therapy by Poetry Tile, Can poetry help people?
Guest_Jox_*
post Feb 10 05, 03:47
Post #1

Hi all,

I've moved this debate out of my own poem's section because it seemed independent ("off topic," if you care for that phrase) and also because it has elicited a strong response, so needs a fair airing.

It was started by Daniel. I cannot move individual entries across and preserve the posters - so each entry will have my name against it. Nevertheless, I have put the real poster's name above that.

Please continue to respond here - I'm sure Daniel would appreciate the feed-back.

All posts on this topic have now been moved - further responses would be appreciated, I'm sure.

James.

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
Ephiny
post Feb 11 05, 08:41
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 41
Writer of: Poetry & Prose

Hi Daniel,

I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulties.  It sounds like you work in a caring profession and work closely with people and I imagine that you using your creativity and talent to help others would have a been a really helpful and unique way to reach out to them.  Is there anyone else you could make a case or appeal to who could maybe speak to the supervisor on your behalf and work something out?

I really hope that it gets sorted and sorry to hear how upset and disappointed that you are.  I work in an caring job as well, and I know how hard it can seem sometimes when you see a positive effect from something you've done but can't seem to convince others about it.

You probably know this already but there is such a thing as poetry therapy and there are a few websites about it?  There are even various courses that one can do in the subject..I wonder if you were to explain that to your supervisor..it sounds quite similar to what you have been doing..

·······IPB·······

Lucie

"What could have made her peaceful with a mind
That nobleness made simple as a fire,
With beauty like a tightened bow, a kind
That is not natural in an age like this,
Being high and solitary and most stern?
Why, what could she have done, being what she is?
Was there another Troy for her to burn?"
WB Yeats "No Second Troy"

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 18:42

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: