Post #1

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 14
Writer of: Newbie to Writing
Referred By:Lori

Hi all,

Pami (Lady Poet) had started a thread as a welcome back to MM last week in the newbie forum. The discussions have veered off the welcoming her back to her having access issues. Others have joined in so I want to start a separate thread here to continue the discussions.

I'm merging some of those replies into this thread and ask that you post here should you have any issues, concerns or questions about the site.

In order to diagnose the issue, we need SPECIFIC details from you, i.e. what you are clicking on, where you are in the forum and what is happening. This is crucial in helping to determine what may be happening.

Thank you!
~Cleo Pharoah.gif and Imhotep tut.gif

-----------------------------------

This is the first 'moved post from Pami's thread:

Interesting. I've rebooted the server just to make sure anything that might not have been showing up in task manager was cleared out. It also applied another couple of minor updates while it was at it, so we'll see.

I've also been poking around some of the website speed testing sites and you can see a fairly typical load time report at http://forums.mosaicmusings.net/~pclark/testhttp.htm (ignore the pop up or active content prompt, something with how Word saves web pages I think). To me those numbers seem pretty normal for the graphic nature of the site (and pretty average to other Invision forums I pointed that site at for comparison) but I'll keep digging. Abnormally slow page loads (more than 10-15 seconds) are annoying to all and will be rectified..

Next time slow page loads happen, it would be nice to know if those having problems with the forum URL have any issues with http://www.mosaicmusings.net at the same time. Feel free to use the contact link over there to report issues with the forums, we like to know when these things happen. Since we're on the same physical network as the server, we don't run into any of these issues locally and so unless the site is completely offline it's difficult for us to know if there are issues.

Thanks.
I

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 18:53

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: