Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> More Critting Needed, Critical: Too many uncritting critters
Guest_Jox_*
post Oct 18 04, 11:31
Post #21

Ok, not quite critical but take a look, anyway..

I've noticed that Lori's popped into a couple of threads to remind us that those particular ones are for critting and the submissions were going considerably off track.

She is right.

I am as guilty as anyone so I think I may be able to suggest what was happening. On one thread a collaborative poem was set up and thus people kept adding. On another we did discuss the work but it rather changed into a few people chatting about Shakespeare's Greatest Hits.

So, in neither case, was anyone being in the least awkward or unhelpful; we simply wandered off the path.

I actually had to ask Alan to pop into Socrates to see one of my works (thanks, again, Alan) because too few people are there. I think, perhaps, we need to get about and do some serious critting - it will benefit us all. Sure, banter is fine and there are forums for that. Moreover, the crit forums will never stick rigidly to critting. However, there is much critting to be done and we do let people down if we don't all "get stuck in". After all, that is why most of us came to MM in the first place - to learn and improve.

Here endeth this evening's lesson. You may now boogie to Shakespeare's Greatest Hits with Bacon on Sax and Chris Marlow on glockenspiel. (Watch out for Webster with too many symbols!)

Signed, One of The Guilty Ones!

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 08:45

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: