Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB
> A Paraphrased Tribute to a Bard of Yore, An effort to restate the poet's prize piece
jgdittier
post Sep 13 06, 16:37
Post #1

Creative Chieftain

Group: Platinum Member
Member No.: 58
Writer of: Poetry

This rewrite honors the originator poet and is intended to follow as much of his "mystery poem" as I could devise. Hopefully, it might be somewhat like what he might have written with the same thought on a different day.

A canopy of stars o'erhead
Before an ebon canvas spread...
The Heavens smile and then proclaim

With ev'ry star a candle's flame...
And shining sun, in daily glow,
This Sachem's Sire, doth power show
And demonstrate to all the world
HIS land below the solar curl.*

Late in the day as darkness calls,
Then luna's lux on flowers falls.
And once again, dear Mother Earth,
Just wrap your arms around your girth
As stellar shafts and moonlight streams

And planets too, in their regimes
Attest to tidings in their place
And hold us all in their embrace.

What means it all, this universe?
So many worlds, so vast, diverse!
In all of space, what be our aim?
Are we to claim both blame and fame?
What be our cause, to heights we'll rise,
Those balls of rock, be our allies?

Let's all rejoice, heed His design.
What God has wrought, is all divine!

*curl-apparent orbit of the sun

Can you ID the mystery poem and link to it?

·······IPB·······

Ron Jones

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- jgdittier   A Paraphrased Tribute to a Bard of Yore   Sep 13 06, 16:37
- - JustDaniel   Greetings, JG... I don't know just which of h...   Sep 13 06, 17:12
- - jgdittier   Dear Daniel, I am being very experimental here by ...   Sep 13 06, 18:30
|- - JustDaniel   I have a great inerest to make the comaprasin, but...   Sep 13 06, 20:01
- - jgdittier   Dear Daniel, Historically there have been less tha...   Sep 14 06, 06:14
|- - JustDaniel   I'm terrible at research, since I'm such a...   Sep 14 06, 07:54
- - JustDaniel   Well, I've been searching for almost two more ...   Sep 14 06, 15:25
- - Merlin   I thought The Thought. Merlin   Sep 14 06, 22:57
- - jgdittier   Dear Daniel and Merlin, I rarely do 24 lines line ...   Sep 15 06, 12:52
- - Merlin   Dear Ron, Methinks the line-breaks are not correct...   Sep 15 06, 18:58
- - JustDaniel   Ah, Ron... and if Eric is correct in that suggest...   Sep 15 06, 22:25
- - Merlin   Is it hymn - John Addison, JD? M ps - I'm no...   Sep 16 06, 09:17
- - jgdittier   DEar Merlin, Nicely done! The spacing I used w...   Sep 16 06, 13:20
|- - Merlin   I'm a-wondering if our different computer/moni...   Sep 16 06, 14:09
- - jgdittier   Dear Merlin, My face is red! My version came f...   Sep 16 06, 16:23
- - Merlin   Dear Ron, Re the hint, the answer is twofold. 1st...   Sep 16 06, 18:48
- - jgdittier   Dear Merlin, Ah so! Now, a comment about the H...   Sep 17 06, 05:52
- - Cleo_Serapis   Hi Ron. I do not know the author of the original ...   Sep 17 06, 11:05
- - jgdittier   Dear Cleo, The poet is John Addison, the poem, ...   Sep 17 06, 13:51
|- - Cleo_Serapis   QUOTE (jgdittier @ Sep 17 06, 14:51 ) Doe...   Oct 1 06, 09:10
- - JustDaniel   I do love the hymn, Ron; as I said, one of my very...   Sep 19 06, 19:03
- - jgdittier   Dear Daniel, Merlin and Cleo, I sure do apologize ...   Sep 29 06, 15:23
- - Aphrodite   Hello Ron, This is such a lovely poem with fant...   Oct 1 06, 09:03
- - Jim AKA Rapid-Fire   Never been one for solving riddles, the workings o...   Oct 16 06, 01:27

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 03:58

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: