JustDaniel
post Jan 3 05, 07:54
Post #1

Ornate Oracle

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 6
Writer of: Poetry
Referred By:Lori

49er Nuggets are poems of 49 syllables arranged in 13 lines of 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 6 5 4 3 2 and 1 syllables, stating a 'nugget' of wisdom, perspective, insight, information, etc. preferably with a twist.  A proper Nugget is to be Titled with a word-twist of some variety as well.  I 'invented' the form in Dec, 2004.

Here are a three examples:

ore naught

why
would I
e’er attempt
to make a mark?
is there a purpose?
should I merely aim to
spread a little serendip?
it teases me to forge
limp, bleating poems
seeming pointless
‘till they wake
renewed
Light

© Daniel J Ricketts 20 Dec 2004

in form I’ll query

Why
would I
want to kill
ambition’s will
by ripping form up;
would this freedom limit
me or others banging heads
to get our feelings down
in printed booklets,
each with pages
bound in one
accord,
no?

© Daniel J Ricketts 21 Dec 2004

‘s no fun

snow
falling’s
delightful
if you see clear
across your driveway
or don’t work this morning
or have waked at a ski lodge
but if you’ve got two feet
and wife says ‘shove it’
it just feels cold
as it blows
on red
nose

© MLee Dickens’son 28 Dec 2004

Have fun!

deLightingly, Daniel  sun.gif

·······IPB·······

Slow down; things will go faster!

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
Larry
post Feb 1 23, 21:27
Post #2

Creative Chieftain

Group: Gold Member
Member No.: 446
Writer of: Poetry & Prose
Referred By:Just wondered in.

Daniel, thank you for your final question. It struck me as humorous and struck my muse to bring forth another double acrostic Nugget for your perusal. Enjoy!

DOES A MUSHROOM – DOPE A TIM LEARY

PSILOCYBIN SCENARIO

Dread
one who
eats the top
since it can take
a stranger through a
mind bending alternant
universe. That is where I
suspect they’ll have a dream
holding them and will
release or free
one’s aura
or fear.
My!!!

·······IPB·······

When power leads man toward arrogance, poetry reminds him of his limitations. When power narrows the areas of man's concern, poetry reminds him of the richness and diversity of his existence. When power corrupts, poetry cleanses.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Kindness is a seed sown by the gentlest hand, growing care's flowers.
Larry D. Jennings

MM Award Winner

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- JustDaniel   49er Nuggets   Jan 3 05, 07:54
- - Jox   Hi Daniel, Happy New Year to you. These nugget-s...   Jan 3 05, 08:15
- - Cleo_Serapis   Happy New Year Daniel and to your new form! Thi...   Jan 3 05, 17:58
- - JustDaniel   Thank you for your kind words, James... and I hope...   Jan 7 05, 08:24
- - Larry   Hello Daniel, I saw your contest on AP about 9 mon...   Aug 1 22, 08:46
- - JustDaniel   Heavens, Larry! I don't know how you do t...   Aug 8 22, 08:00
- - Larry   Hey Daniel, thanks for your input and for catching...   Aug 8 22, 09:27
- - Larry   Daniel, here is another one I wrote today for your...   Aug 8 22, 21:33
- - JustDaniel   I promise not to go in my sink!! chic ‘n’...   Aug 9 22, 02:27
- - Larry   Daniel, I wrote this especially for you and what y...   Aug 10 22, 11:58
- - JustDaniel   I'm so honored that you should write another o...   Aug 10 22, 16:11
- - Larry   Daniel, I do hope you didn't mind the bad pun...   Aug 10 22, 17:34
- - JustDaniel   Yes, I did pick up on the very adept piece/piece u...   Aug 11 22, 09:57
- - Larry   RECUPERATIONS – TYPE A LONG TOME WADS WORTH Rest...   Aug 12 22, 20:02
- - JustDaniel   Now that is extremely creative, Larry, and of cour...   Aug 12 22, 20:27
- - Larry   Sorry Daniel, didn't mean to be so obtuse. Ye...   Aug 13 22, 07:31
- - JustDaniel   mind- bending paper wads pile around you in case y...   Aug 13 22, 12:20
- - Larry   SMILE THROUGH A... – PAINFUL ORDERS PRAISE PHASE ...   Aug 14 22, 12:39
- - JustDaniel   My brain is currently to unfocused to take on a do...   Aug 15 22, 06:17
- - Larry   WINDOWS OPENED – SEE YOUR FUTURE PAIN’S PANES ...   Aug 15 22, 15:47
- - JustDaniel   Absolutely eloquent, Larry! Don't know ho...   Aug 18 22, 08:03
- - Larry   Thank you Daniel. I know you can do single acrost...   Aug 20 22, 15:08
- - JustDaniel   another astounding production, Larry. Wish I coul...   Aug 21 22, 07:40
- - Larry   ACROSTIC MAGIC – TAKES SOME TIME POOR TRAIT PORT...   Sep 1 22, 23:34
- - JustDaniel   Another astounding piece, Larry... and lets hope y...   Sep 2 22, 09:51
- - Larry   NUGGETS OF GOLD – WON’T BE LOCATED INSANE IN SEIN...   Sep 5 22, 07:32
- - JustDaniel   What is interesting about your REMARKABLE "Nu...   Sep 5 22, 17:49
- - Larry   Daniel, how perspicacious of you to recognize the ...   Sep 8 22, 11:31
- - JustDaniel   Well, we made it through, and I think everyone was...   Sep 9 22, 18:46
- - Larry   WRITE US A DREAM – EXPECT THE BEST FORM FARM Wri...   Sep 13 22, 00:10
- - Larry   PERFECTION WAS – MERELY MY DREAM NOTHING ADDS U...   Sep 21 22, 23:29
- - Larry   FAIRY RINGS ARE – NICE MUSHROOMS FOOD FOR THOU...   Jan 25 23, 23:03
- - JustDaniel   Unbelievable double acrostic again! Are you ...   Jan 26 23, 16:06

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 18:11

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: