Post #1

Invisible Hand
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 14
Writer of: Newbie to Writing
Referred By:Lori

Greetings.

Starting at 07:00 EST (12:00 GMT) on Tuesday, 13th Jan I'll be doing some tweaking on the server configuration to optimize speeds and page loads. I don't anticipate going more than 2 hours on it. During that period you might notice short intermittant "page cannot be displayed" or "internal server error" pages on the forums. The www site should only be minimally affected. Outages should be no longer than a minute or so as I load the new configuration and test whether it works or not. If it does then I run the benchmarking program against it and if it doesn't make things faster than revert the change. During benchmarking you should not notice any anomolies.

I

·······IPB·······

Nominate a poem for the InterBoard Poetry Competition by taking into careful consideration those poems you feel would best represent Mosaic Musings. For details, click into the IBPC nomination forum. Did that poem just captivate you? Nominate it for the Faery award today! If perfection of form allured your muse, propose the Crown Jewels award. For more details, click here!

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

Start new topic
Replies
Guest_ohsteve_*
post Jan 16 09, 16:22
Post #2

Pete, Thanks, the scary part is I understood almost all of that, 128GB of RAM wow...I used to work on tropospheric scatter radio systems in the military that had a bandwidth of 8Ghz with FM modulation. I have been out for 16 years now, most of the stuff I worked with was made in the 1950's, so makes me wonder what they use now, probably mostly SatComm with at least 512Kb encryption. Not sure I want to know...lol.
Steve

+Quote Post  Go to the top of the page

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:57

Read our FLYERS - click below

Reference links provided to aid in fine-tuning your writings. ENJOY!

more Quotes
more Art Quotes
Dictionary.com ~ Thesaurus.com

Search:
for
Type in a word below to find its rhymes, synonyms, and more:

Word: